Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: my 240sx (coming soon)

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    no no go over to rev440's thread on the dodge stealth for that one

yeah, because ethanol is soo bad so sorry for using a renewable resource!

well considering their cars are far better quality than those in the US it's not exactly a stretch

you will find the majority of those complaints are related to the woolworths run petrol stations, which in their early years caused engine damage to a lot of people specifically those running private imprts tuned for 98-100ron
    if you think the Us doesn't have dodgy ptrol chains you're kidding yourself, or the general public is too retarded to know any better.
    How many cars over in Australia are tuned for only 98-100 octane? Thats 22lbs of boost or like 12.5:1 compression and that is on the low side. What gas station in America is "dodgy'? What your to retarted to know any better? I had a modded jetski that would only run on 92 or higher because of its compression. I never had a problem with bad gas and we put gas from different chains in it every weekend.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by rev440 View Post
    How many cars over in Australia are tuned for only 98-100 octane?
    any japanese private import.
    I never had a problem with bad gas and we put gas from different chains in it every weekend.
    good for you.
    thank you for that completely anecdotal evidence i never had fuel problems either, i suspect no-one on this site has - that doesn't mean i don't think woolworths petrol was dodgy back in the day.
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 06-23-2007 at 04:17 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

no no go over to rev440's thread on the dodge stealth for that one

yeah, because ethanol is soo bad so sorry for using a renewable resource!
    it isn't the greatest. corn ethanol at least. its not nearly as environmentally sound as people are trying to make it out to be these days. first of all there is no way it could supply enough fuel for us without hurting our food supply (realize not just the corn we eat, but also the feed for animals, and some corn products are even used to make fertilizers, pesticides aand the like). also corn ethonal doesnt make nearly the power that gas makes. that means you need more product to create the same amount of energy. that is very inneficient. also it is not much better for the environment at all. for one burning ethonal only creats 12% less greenhouse gases than gasoline. the main problem with pollution and ethonal however is that there is so much pollution created in the production of ethonal. all the farm equipment to harvest the corn, the trucks and trains and boats to transport the corn, and the actual processing of the corn to create ethonal all use rediculous amounts of fossil fuels.

renewable energy is great, but corn ethonal is NOT the answer.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

any japanese private import.
    What do you mean by japanese private import? The fact is that 100 octane is good for 22lbs which is more boost then your average modded cars street tune. Most are set for 17lbs which is safely within in the 92-94 pump octane range. But I guess because a car that has been imported from japan must be a supa modded skylie with nawz and tons of spray or a GT47-88 single turbo supra.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    it isn't the greatest. corn ethanol at least. its not nearly as environmentally sound as people are trying to make it out to be these days. first of all there is no way it could supply enough fuel for us without hurting our food supply (realize not just the corn we eat, but also the feed for animals, and some corn products are even used to make fertilizers, pesticides aand the like). also corn ethonal doesnt make nearly the power that gas makes. that means you need more product to create the same amount of energy. that is very inneficient. also it is not much better for the environment at all. for one burning ethonal only creats 12% less greenhouse gases than gasoline. the main problem with pollution and ethonal however is that there is so much pollution created in the production of ethonal. all the farm equipment to harvest the corn, the trucks and trains and boats to transport the corn, and the actual processing of the corn to create ethonal all use rediculous amounts of fossil fuels.

renewable energy is great, but corn ethonal is NOT the answer.
    i agree that it is not the answer - but sugarcane is perfect for making ethanol, and the farms are already in place here but have been going out of business from the sugar business - it makes more sense to use them for ethanol since they're there in the first place. and it's a small step away from methanol that's why it's easier for use to use ethanol as a fuel additive.
    now STFU and pics of 240 already

What do you mean by japanese private import? The fact is that 100 octane is good for 22lbs which is more boost then your average modded cars street tune. Most are set for 17lbs which is safely within in the 92-94 pump octane range. But I guess because a car that has been imported from japan must be a supa modded skylie with nawz and tons of spray or a GT47-88 single turbo supra.
    well you know how both the US and AU get jap cars but they're usually given lower tunes (or in the 240's case a different engines for you guys, although that was to limit competition with the 300zx or something?), because in japan their fuel is a lot better apparently and 100ron is the norm instead of 91 mon and 95ron respectively, so it doesn't make sense for them to release cars here or in the US at that level of tune.
    i.e. the S15 came out with 150kw - in japan it's tune was closer to 190kw.
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 06-23-2007 at 04:40 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information