Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother UK

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Likewise, Japanese couldn't care less if those monkeys over at mainlands were shouting around.
    your sounding pretty racist calling the chinese monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    Basically its an english reality tv show where a whole lot of people are chosen by channel 4 and put into a modern stylish living area for 3 months, each week people are nominated by the housemates and the public vote for who is kicked out until there is a winner.
    It's not an English show. Big Brother = possibly the 2nd worst thing to ever come out of The Netherlands.

And just because black people say it too each other, doesn't give white people permission to use it. For a very very long time it was a highly offensive and derogatory term used by white people to put black people down. Some black people have chosen to use it, "taking it back" as it were, which is fine. I think the same can apply to the term "queer" and the homosexual community. But just because 2 gay guys use it, doesn't mean I'm going to call them "queer."

And I also really think that it's highly likely that the usage of the N-word is not as widespread as we would be lead to believe, and outside all Gangstasyohomies and wiggers, it's a non-event and still a very offensive term for black people.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Big Brother = possibly the 2nd worst thing to ever come out of The Netherlands.
    The first being Drakkie...or...?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    The first being Drakkie...or...?
    It was going to be close but in the end he won easily.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    your sounding pretty racist calling the chinese monkeys
    I'm one of them.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Pot, Kettle, Black... (er, is that racist?)

"Their culture"?

What is that, a job lot of "black people" culture that they all adhere to, on some sort of secret-black-person-culture-internet?
    I was thinking more along the lines of the attitudes and behavior that are characteristic of a particular group. But I guess a 'secret-black-person-culture-internet' is OK as well

Like our "White people" culture that every white person on the globe knows, but slightly inferior wages?

Maybe she was shocked because "rap music" is not something that every black person listens to.
    It must have been the shock of the century. She is a celebrity, yet she has never heard black people call each other niggers before. Neither has she heard of 50 Cent. Neither has she ever watched MTV or anything similar. Perhaps she lives under a large rock.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    She is a celebrity
    No, she isn't.

yet she has never heard black people call each other niggers before.
    Quite possible.

Perhaps she lives under a large rock.
    I think you do.

Crawl back under it.

You are naive in the extreme if you think that, just because she is black, she should be an ardent fan of 50 cent and think it acceptable to use racist terms in public, regardless of any infantile American obsession with using the word.

No, she isn't.
    Correct. However, she certainly is now.

Quite possible.
    No, not really.

I think you do.

Crawl back under it.
    I would have expected that response from an 11 year old girl. Are you an 11 year old girl?

You are naive in the extreme if you think that, just because she is black, she should be an ardent fan of 50 cent and think it acceptable to use racist terms in public, regardless of any infantile American obsession with using the word.
    Learn to read posts. "Neither has she heard of 50 Cent" - What part of that tells you that she is an ardent fan of 50 Cent? Does the issue I was discussing slip your mind? I was disputing the shock value, not how acceptable the use of "nigger" is, which I have no serious problem with anyway.

Go on, call me naive because I don't share your views.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I guess the reaction is expected. You don't go around calling black people niggers/niggaz, although those of the african/caribbean cultures here in America use it all the time amongst one another.

FWIW, i think that perhaps booting someone from that idiot show was probably more of a kneejerk reaction than anything, but i'd still agree that with no history or anything with the word, its still inapropiate for white society to refer to anyone from black society in such a fashion.
    I am the Stig

The blonde's a little minging anyway

they were probably just looking for an excuse to replace her with someone attractive.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    The blonde's a little minging anyway

they were probably just looking for an excuse to replace her with someone attractive.
    going off that logic they should both be gone
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

No, not really.
    Why is that?

Bearing in mind you don't know who she is, where she is from, where she grew up etc...

I would have expected that response from an 11 year old girl. Are you an 11 year old girl?
    So, your idea of an insult is to call me an 11 year old girl, despite the fact that is exactly the sort of thing that an 11 year old girl would resort to.

Go on, call me naive because I don't share your views.
    Naive: Having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information

I doubt you have much experience of dealing with racism first-hand, the terminology you use shows poor judgement, and you have no information about this woman, yet you have determined her opinion on the matter.

I would've expected that from a 11 year old boy.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Why is that?

Bearing in mind you don't know who she is, where she is from, where she grew up etc...
    • A self-proclaimed 'it' girl, Charley likes shopping, money and going clubbing at celebrity hangouts. A sleep-walker and talker, Charley is not a morning person. She admits to losing her temper easily and has to bite her tongue quite often. She has a phobia of spiders, is dreading the imminent smoking ban and also believes in ghosts.
    • Home: South East London

You lose.
    She has never heard of the concept of black people calling one another niggers

So, your idea of an insult is to call me an 11 year old girl, despite the fact that is exactly the sort of thing that an 11 year old girl would resort to.
    What gave you the idea that I was insulting you? The same impulse that told you I said she loved 50 Cent?

What's more pathetic is the fact that I never even called you an 11 year old girl.

In fact what HAVE I called you? Nothing. Whereas you have told me to crawl back under my rock and you have also labeled me as naive, simply because I disagree with you.

Naive: Having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information

I doubt you have much experience of dealing with racism first-hand, the terminology you use shows poor judgement, and you have no information about this woman, yet you have determined her opinion on the matter.
    What terminology??

Here I am disputing whether she was actually shocked beyond belief (bearing in mind she is in what is basically a popularity contest), and you turn the topic into racism. Being a moderator you shouldn't be starting nonsense fights with other members. But then again I haven't heard anything good about your moderating of late. Quite the opposite actually.

------------------

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline
    It must have been the shock of the century. She is a celebrity, yet she has never heard black people call each other niggers before. Neither has she heard of 50 Cent. Neither has she ever watched MTV or anything similar. Perhaps she lives under a large rock.
    Did that upset you so badly that you felt the need to argue? This is a forum. If you can't stand the fact that other people will inevitably disagree with you, then you need to wake up.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 06-11-2007 at 11:33 PM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thread Information