23 38.98%
  • Porsche 911 Turbo

18 30.51%
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage

18 30.51%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi VS Porsche VS Aston

Audi VS Porsche VS Aston

This comparison was in C/D recently. I really can't decide...

Sensible choice: 911. Risky but more abstract choice: R8. Drivers choice: Aston.

I'm between the V8 Vantage (the one I really want is the DB9, the V8 Vantage is Aston's Boxster) and the 911. I'd probably end up choosing the Aston though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    Sensible choice: 911. Risky but more abstract choice: R8. Drivers choice: Aston.
    The R8 was reported as amazing to drive, more so then the Aston.

I think I'd go with the 911, just because of the awesome power and classic look. The Aston and R8 come very, very close though.

I assume we are deciding which car we would have, given the choice.
    I would take the V8 Vantage. I love that car.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

The Audi or the Aston because they're gorgeous cars and i love them both - they have also been praised highly by magazines.
    I'm leaning towards the R8 but can't decide between them, i adore both of the cars, sitting in the R8 made me wee myself a little bit, but im sure the Aston would have the same effect... No vote here, i just wouldn't take the 911...

i love the 911 Turbo!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

It's a tough call because none of those cars really floats my boat.

The basic AMV8 is apparently a bit of a let down, and is really outgunned in this company. If I were to get one I'd want it with the Prodrive Performance Pack, but that pushes the price over the £100k mark into 997 Turbo territory.

I'm not sold on the looks of the 997 Turbo, and it's VERY expensive. Clearly it's very powerful, but I reckon that there are other, cheaper options in the 911 range that would overall be more fun to drive. The GT3 obviously, and probably even a very well specced Carrera S would be cheaper, better looking and a more exhilarating driving experience.

I'm not totally convinced by the looks of the R8, but I suspect it's one that over time will probably grow on me. Judging by the reviews it is very well built and practical, and exceeded all expectations dynamically. At £75k basic it also seems to represent very good value for money compared to the other two.

Typically I'm not great fan of their cars but I think I'll have to vote for the Audi. It's decent enough looking, brilliantly engineered, apparently a stunning driving experience, and it's great bang for buck.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I would have to go with the 997 Turbo, it's an everyday supercar, turbo lag is virtually non existant, probably has best best all around visibility from the inside, AWD, very fast and proven reliabity.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    an everyday supercar,
    Remember, it's not the usual Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari contest here. There's a family car maker here.

I picked the R8, i'm not some rich and famous hot shot, hence sorry AM. I'm no nurburgring challenger, sorry 911. I'm just a young lad wanting to drive something that goes fast and look good. The only one without any shadow from being a prestige marque is the Audi. In short, the BRAND doesn't help in any sense here, all points and compliments had to be gained solely from it's capability, and i respect that they achieved it.

Ironic ain't it, after ditching it's subtlety, they step into further territory and show they are still 'Subtle'.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    Driver's choice my arse.

Anywho, given that the 911 in question is a turbo, I'd be tempted to go with that. The Aston is boring and doesn't sound nearly as good in real life as everyone makes out and there's just something wrong with the R8. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like it. I hope to work it out someday.

Porsche over any car that you can imagine !!! especially with the new ultra sufisticated turbo
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

I myself am split between the Audi and the Porsche. I love I just love the look of the Porsche and its clearly the driver's car. The Audi, however, seems real good, considering all the attention its getting. The Aston Martin is okay, but it's a distant third.

The DBS might change my decision though. Motortrend recently had a small review on that in the July issue. Too bad their pictures are too tiny to show off enough of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I myself am split between the Audi and the Porsche. I love I just love the look of the Porsche and its clearly the driver's car. The Audi, however, seems real good, considering all the attention its getting. The Aston Martin is okay, but it's a distant third.
    While reading the thread I was trying to figure out what I would write myself to describe what I think, and honestly, what you said is purely taken off my mind. I'll take the 997 Turbo.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

The Aston.

Yes its is the slowest of the 3, but there is a point you don't care due to looks, sound and general feel.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Thread Information