• Porsche 911 Turbo

18 30.51%
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage

18 30.51%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Audi VS Porsche VS Aston

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    The Aston.

Yes its is the slowest of the 3, but there is a point you don't care due to looks, sound and general feel.
    BIAS!!!

I do love how the Aston looks though.

Bias?

Possibly.

The Porsche and Audi do nothing for me in the looks department though. I don't care how great an engineering achievement a petrol VVG turbo is if the car looks like what I see 50 a day of in Sydney - and have never desired to own. The Audi is just a blob with a bit of colour on the sides and is apparently frighteningly fast - but I'm in no hurry to find out.

There is a point that you have to follow your heart and I'd be tempeted to take a original Cooper Mini over the other do as it 'does it for me' and they don't.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Aston hands down. I dont think the 997 Turbo is a fair comparo I think the regular 997 911 is much more fair.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    It's a tough call because none of those cars really floats my boat.
    agreed.
    i choose whichever is worth more, then.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

R8. A HSV one, failing that, the Audi.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    While reading the thread I was trying to figure out what I would write myself to describe what I think, and honestly, what you said is purely taken off my mind. I'll take the 997 Turbo.
    It wasn't that inspirational, what I wrote, but if it floats your boat, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    It's a tough call because none of those cars really floats my boat.

The basic AMV8 is apparently a bit of a let down, and is really outgunned in this company. If I were to get one I'd want it with the Prodrive Performance Pack, but that pushes the price over the £100k mark into 997 Turbo territory.

I'm not sold on the looks of the 997 Turbo, and it's VERY expensive. Clearly it's very powerful, but I reckon that there are other, cheaper options in the 911 range that would overall be more fun to drive. The GT3 obviously, and probably even a very well specced Carrera S would be cheaper, better looking and a more exhilarating driving experience.

I'm not totally convinced by the looks of the R8, but I suspect it's one that over time will probably grow on me. Judging by the reviews it is very well built and practical, and exceeded all expectations dynamically. At £75k basic it also seems to represent very good value for money compared to the other two.

Typically I'm not great fan of their cars but I think I'll have to vote for the Audi. It's decent enough looking, brilliantly engineered, apparently a stunning driving experience, and it's great bang for buck.
    I agree with you very much. I seem to like the GT3 the most of the entire 911 lineup. The Turbo is nice looking, but it seems awkward compared to the GT3.

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    I voted the Audi. The main reason was that the 911 is too safe a bet, and also the 911 has the worst engine note i've ever heard from a porsche. A guy was driving one at the mall down the street from my house, and i was so disappointed. Sounded like a civic with a "fart-cannon"...I know that every tester in the world has fallen all over themselves about the Turbo but when you cruise for enjoyment the car's gotta sound right. The turbo has been on my dream list for a while, but when you drive a car you need to be edgy and you want it to set you apart.

When I saw the R8 at the Auto show it looked stunning, I just couldn't believe my eyes. Looks a car that should compete with the F430 in price. I have yet to see it on the road but can't wait! It's a car that gets your heart pumping and lets you know that all men are mere mortals.

The aston has the presence of luxury and exoticness but not the guns to back it all up and I just couldn't live with that.

That said it still isn't such a clear cut win. These are only my current opinions of the cars, but that can change.
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

I would choose the Audi. Why? Porsche's too rough and callous for me, and the Aston's not my kind of car. Too fragile.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Aston looks the best, but the classi-ness just brings it closer to Paris Hilton than mere mortals like me.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    R8. A HSV one, failing that, the Audi.
    lmao
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    lmao

I couldn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    I couldn't get it.
    i agree with him; that R8 is far more useful to me than the audi one
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 06-11-2007 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i agree with him; the R8 is far more useful to me than the audi one
    I mean i couldn't get what he meant at the first.

well no matter what everybody thinks bout the R8 i still dont finish liking that lines... but ill get used to it like the veyron ... but ill rather take a 911... the Aston its too Senior for me... (only 19 years).
    the 911 looks more young and the engine sound its too sweet... (even though bmwpower says that its engine sounds like a "fart-cannon"... maybe u just heard a 911 with a really damaged engine )

Thread Information