Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twin Turbo Stealth and a Story

Twin Turbo Stealth and a Story

So the story starts out that my dad got a Twin Turbo Stealth with a bad ecu for resale purposes. I had some amazing times with this car.

The car was fun and easy to drive. Each shift was a smooth and precise. The power was extremely usable with the AWD. As well as the car is just easy to drive and once the turbos spool the powerband is strong till the 7k shift point. I’ve drive a modded mustang and the powerband on the stealth is just so much smoother. Every thing about this car was just fun and simple.

The car was getting sold June 7th, 2007 which was a Thursday. I came home from work and me and my dad went to get the car. We went to his body shop to get the car and He told me I could drive it home. So we got there I put a plate on the car and away we went. I turned on the main highway which is always swamped with traffic. First gear I feel the turbos barely spool up and then I short shift into 2nd then into 3rd. A turn is coming up quickly so I apply the brakes, push in the clutch, and put the car in neutral. I don’t know why I do this but it’s a habit when ever I drive a stick car. So I came around the turn on Alboon and I floored it when I felt the boost come in strong I speed shifted the car and let out quick. I drove to the next stop sign and I saw some HID’s and thought it was a red vette. I about shitted myself when I saw a brand new Ferrari F430 Spider that was red over tan. I live in a small town so this was a huge shock to me. I waved to him and he just smiled enjoying his car. I got on the throttle a little bit so the guy in the Ferrari could hear my turbos a bit.

Ill skip forward a couple minutes to save you from more boring details. My dad dropped his truck off at a buddies house so he could borrow it for the next day. My dad got in the car and were headed home. He says why arent these turbos spinning so I floor it and we get going like 80 or whatever. I am really thankful my dads so cool.

When we got home I wanted to take the car for one last spin by myself and my dad said be careful with it as the buyer was coming soon. So I hopped in the car one last time. I was going down my driveway with the turbos spinning and the exhaust note in my ears theres nothing else like it. I turned out of my driveway and then I gently got into the boost in first and short shifted it into 2nd and then floored it. 2nd flew by as the boost gauge quickly read 14lbs and I shifted into 3rd. I was turning on to a road called Keener soon so I got on the brakes and quickly turned then back into 2nd and full on the throttle again. Third comes quick again but only to slam on the brakes hard and get into 1st for a extremely curvey road called Loose. I floor the car in first and the turbos spool and I get pushed back in my seat as I approach the firs turn I shift into 2nd and floor it. I thought I was to low in the rpm so I put it back into 1st only to have the car shake as it goes from no boost to full boost. I decided this was enough for this little road. I come up to a stop sign and turn right only to turn again in a short while. I turn onto a road that is a school zone which in America is only 35mph. So I turn on another road which is a 55 and Im going about 60mph when I see a cop fly past me with his lights on and I about shit my pants. I didn’t have my licenses with me or anything.

So I slow way down and I drive my way back to the street I live on. Its now about 940pm so theres only one other car on the road. Im like alright one last speed run wont hurt and I floor it 1st goes by 2nd goes by 3rd goes by Im approaching a car and I short shift into 4th as I pass it. I am currently going somewhere in the 110-115 range and I see a white explorer. The cops around here drive explorers and I swore I saw a light rack on it. So I slammed on the brakes. At this time my heart is racing and Im extremely scared. I slow down to about 50mph and notice that it was just luggage on top. Wow what a relive I was so scared. My house was coming up and the brakes were so hot from my past two encounters that I had to really get on them to stop.

I’ve driven a couple cars but none like the stealth. It is as easy to drive as my focus but as lethal as a stock N/A Cobra in the right hands. Thought you guys would enjoy my little story.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rev440; 06-11-2007 at 10:46 AM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

So, you took a car you weren't familiar with, that your dad was selling and railed on it, got it good and hot and then parked it? I hope you let the brakes cool, they are VERY prone to warping on the Stealth TTs, and I hope you let the engine run and cool for a few minutes before you shut it off for the turbos sake.

Note to self - do not buy a car from them...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn View Post
    So, you took a car you weren't familiar with, that your dad was selling and railed on it, got it good and hot and then parked it? I hope you let the brakes cool, they are VERY prone to warping on the Stealth TTs, and I hope you let the engine run and cool for a few minutes before you shut it off for the turbos sake.

Note to self - do not buy a car from them...
    Ive driven the car a couple times before I drove it hard. Its not my first fast car that Ive ever driven and its defiantly not the fastest either. The brakes cooled for over an hour before the next drive in the car.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Looks pretty cool, save for the car-bra... lol, What actually is a Stealth? Pontiac?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Dodge Stealth

Also, it needs ceramic brakes

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Looks pretty cool, save for the car-bra... lol, What actually is a Stealth? Pontiac?
    Try a Dodge.

Damn Canadian...
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    Try a Dodge.

Damn Canadian...
    So sorry you didn't get to show him up

Aahh, I see, I like it alot. Dodge are only just starting to come to the UK, we've got the Viper SRT-10, Ram now and the Caliber, Nitro and Avenger come this year.

As for letting the engine cool for the Turbo my friends Dad has a '97 Impreza WRX with a 5inch exhaust and soem damned huuge turbo, you finish driving that, press something, remove the key, lock up, and the engine will shut off after idling for something like 2mins...

Motion & Emotion

Aahh, I see, I like it alot. Dodge are only just starting to come to the UK, we've got the Viper SRT-10, Ram now and the Caliber, Nitro and Avenger come this year.
    Dodge = Not so cool

Imho, of course....but seriously, their line up....yeah...

I have a thing for Dodge and other US brands, I dunno why though...

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Dodge Stealth

Also, it needs ceramic brakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    Try a Dodge.

Damn Canadian...
    You're both wrong.

It's a Mitsubishi.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    You're both wrong.

It's a Mitsubishi.
    No, regardless of the fact that it's also 3000GT, it's still a Dodge.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

3000gt's are cool. a bit on the heavy side, but quite underrated imo
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

As for letting the engine cool for the Turbo my friends Dad has a '97 Impreza WRX with a 5inch exhaust and soem damned huuge turbo, you finish driving that, press something, remove the key, lock up, and the engine will shut off after idling for something like 2mins...
    Dodge lineup- good, okay, mediocre, crap, and crap

As for the WRX, it idles before shutting off because it's probably equipped with a turbo timer.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I can't believe you are seriously suggesting that a Dodge might be considered remotely worthy (Viper aside). And you like Audis? You make no sense at all.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information