Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Falcon Hell

My brother was told to disconnect the battery for 2 hours, Then drive it like he stole it.. But he and i have changed fuels.. He was shell optimax or V thingo now.. I was Vortec Gold.. We both went to BP Ultimate And it has only taken 3 days to see a change in both cars. Fuel economy is better for the 2 of us and they run sharper.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I think thats what you do to reset the ECU, although im not sure how its supposed to affect the economy, perhaps to re-learn his driving style with the auto.

I tend to just stick with the normal 91 unleaded, i stuck some 98 in once but mainly just to give it a minor clean through the injectors and everything.
    I am the Stig

It delivers power very weirdly.. You drop it and it will put then slightly raise power then all hell brakes loose and mother of god it's pulling like a V8.. And he hates that hesitation.. But last week he broke the chain that goes around the throttle body that holds the intake elbow down, Got in the car and drove it up the road to see how it went with nothing there.. Man it was loud and throaty but pulled stumps out of the ground..

But the misses had been driving it for 1 1/2 months.. Getting god knows what fuel i think she drives like shit. I think it's adjusting back to him now.

I agree with MSN's point about the perception that the Falcon is thirstier than a Commodore, has stopped many people from buying Ford's recent Falcon models. Also, I think the latest Commodore models actually look exciting and interesting. The Falcon seems to lack excitement from a physical appearance point of view. Many people seem to think the Falcon is too boring and too thirsty to buy.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

ON fuel i can only comment on what i have drove but my brothers is getting better on fuel now.. But it still is running higher then factory.. And the VE to me was super on fuel as i drove it around like a stole it because i was fully 100% covered and it's not mine to treat like it's mine and it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    My brothers BA is running at the moment so shit on fuel In the high teens and even in the 20's it's must have a problem it can't be that bad.. But i drove it last night for 40km and got the fuel from 21.2l/100 down to 13.6l/100... 70% freeway but.
    I'd believe it, especially if he's doing a lot of traffic driving or driving it hard (or both). My T averages around 18L/100km with a good mix of city/highway. I like to give it a squirt every now and then but overall I'm pretty sedate. There's no way in hell they will acheive the 14-odd that Ford claims. I haven't even see XTs return that sort of economy.

btw don't buy a modern Aussie-built Ford until they seriously improve their build quality and reliability issues, they are very cheap and nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
    I'd believe it, especially if he's doing a lot of traffic driving or driving it hard (or both). My T averages around 18L/100km with a good mix of city/highway. I like to give it a squirt every now and then but overall I'm pretty sedate. There's no way in hell they will acheive the 14-odd that Ford claims. I haven't even see XTs return that sort of economy.

btw don't buy a modern Aussie-built Ford until they seriously improve their build quality and reliability issues, they are very cheap and nasty.
    Actually this last tank he has finally seen some good fuel economy from it.. I moved his car out my way to get out last night and 13.5l/100 was on the trip.. Came in and told him and he said shit year you noticed that?? Yes i always look at things like that.. But he still says it's off told me the other day it was idling and it sounded like a VN V6.. He just done the oil 2 weeks ago..

He's driving around at the moment is like me 99% local driving but last week he hit the highways a touch more had the family with him they went away 40min up the freeway.. But funny thing is my VP probley gets better fuel economy at the moment.. Sorry mums VP.

Picking the fairlane up this arvo or tomorrow morning from LPG conversion.

Then i can smack you all down on L/km 20L/100km anyone?
    The Datto will rage again...

Slick Holden if he's having issues with idle, get him to take it to Ford and have the TB cleaned - they build up with carbon and it causes the car to want to stall, hence poor idle. I have to get mine cleaned out every 6 months or so. It's a real nuisance.

Getting rid of the car next month... I can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    Picking the fairlane up this arvo or tomorrow morning from LPG conversion.

Then i can smack you all down on L/km 20L/100km anyone?
    I used to get 28l/100

Sisters Boyfriend just got LPG on his old VN, They had early issues with it it backfired and blew the top of the intake off They ended up tuning it right it seems to run ok now he's pretty happy with economy he said but he has felt the loss in power.. I said i couldn't live with that I'm into getting every inch out of it unrestricted.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
    Slick Holden if he's having issues with idle, get him to take it to Ford and have the TB cleaned - they build up with carbon and it causes the car to want to stall, hence poor idle. I have to get mine cleaned out every 6 months or so. It's a real nuisance.

Getting rid of the car next month... I can't wait
    We both use a TB cleaner great shit it is.. Blows some huge black crap out the pipe.. It hasnt been the same since it went to ford and they played with the ECU Since then it's been off.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    It's a shame but Aussie car buyers are a vain bunch. and the eurosleek style of the BA is no longer in style. it's all about the bling now.

Chuck a skirt, some groovy headlights and a spoiler kit and away the falcon goes sales wise.
    id prefer function over looks in the case of cars too bad the general public dont agree.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    id prefer function over looks in the case of cars too bad the general public dont agree.
    Same here, same here. Form always follows function and a lot of people fail to acknowledge that. Which is probably why the GTO didn't sell so well here (the Monaro based one).
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Thread Information