Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Audi R8 Road Car Discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Diesel = lose.
    They are going to bring out a diesel in the R8 soon, though it must be said i'd much rather take the V8 or the upcoming V10 (or the upcoming McLaren or Mercedes, whoever is making it). I think a slightly tuned version of the 4.2TDI in the Q7 makes more sense. Having a V12 might make the Lamborghini look a bit pointless (though i'd still rather have a Lambo), because some people won't see past the V12... Also, having a choice of 4.2L engines makes sense to me. 4.2FSI and 4.2TDI ? Ah well, we're about to get the 3.0TDI in the Q7 which is meant to be a corker of an engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    What's wrong with TDI? Audi diesel engines are wicked... You can get several options on an A6LM and still pay the standard £35k (for the 3.0TDI, dunno about the 2.7), just haggle hard! .Let's move conversation to the A6LeMans and Q7 threads now! 3pages of irrelevant stuff...
    Yeah, hopefully we'll have an A6 Avant 2.7TDI Quattro LeMans
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    What does any of this have to do with the R8?
    Exactly.

Stop spamming this thread, and other threads in the hide-out, these threads are for high resolution images. Get MSN Messenger and spam each-other there.

If you continue i will clean out the whole thread for posts thats got nothing to do with the R8.

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    Black was gorgeous, but i wanna see the odd colours, especially the Red and Green. I'd probably get Black or Grey, with the carbonfibre side pod thing
    The carbon fibre sides will be available as an option after 1 model year, at least for U.S. customers. I e-mailed Boardwalk, and 2 Audi dealerships in Florida to try and see if it was true, and apparently, it is. All 3 replied Audi is in some sort of "Lack of material resources" for the CF on the side panel....
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

^ carbon fibre is in shortage worldwide, apparently. so costs have risen and there are shortages of it
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Hmm. I guess I can see that now. Must have been blinded by all these triple figure companies continuously using CF.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Carbonfibre is overrated. And for interiors it looks awful.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I fail to see how a material that is very lightweight, yet very strong could be overrated.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    I fail to see how a material that is very lightweight, yet very strong could be overrated.
    I was not referring to the use (which is good), but rather showing off you did like it gave street cred or something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well, someone's taken an R8 and made a racer out of it in a funny coincidence, so we may yet see an R8 race again.

From Autoblog:

It was only a matter of time. Audi unveils the R8 supercar, and somebody wants to take it racing. Leave it to the Dutch to pick up the slack, as Netherlands-based Creventic BV is preparing the "CR-8" for an assault on endurance sportscar racing.

Thus far, Creventic has been cautious with its modifications. The current CR-8 benefits from a remapped engine management system to produce 430 hp (ten horses over the stock 420) and the removal of the factory-installed low-gear restrictor, as well as a host of baubles and bolt-ons to the body to bring it up to race spec. 18-inch BBS competition rims wrapped in Toyo racing slicks are put in place, a 90-liter racing fuel tank installed and AST suspension components mounted at all four corners. Creventic is also working on squeezing more power out of the RS4-derived V8 engine, a race-spec sequential gearbox and carbon fiber body panels, among other competition modifications.

The first pair of CR-8s will be shown next month at the Dubai Autodrome in the United Arab Emirates for a race-track shakedown and public unveiling, with the first customer cars to be delivered shortly thereafter.
    They don't say what series they plan to race these in though. Any ideas?

Thread Information