Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Volkswagen Group versus Ford Group

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    I just re-read the original post. It reads :"Which has better products?"

I guess that calls it, as a group wise, whichever is in a better financial state gets my vote. Product wise, completely subjective.

But may I ask, if Ford's so great. Why the current dilemma? No matter how well they put it in interviews or press conference, selling off Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover is not exactly a wonderful thing, and it only shows they're still struggling, and why are they in this state? Cos in US Ford is not doing a good job, hope they get to turn around but as for now, as a group, they're still not doing a jolly good job.

I've never disagree Ford Europe's excellent products, if that's what you got caught up and got jumpy about.

As I see it Ford atm is really two company's. There is the American part that have there own cars they only sell in North America where they can't not get anything right and then the rest of the Ford group which seem to have little trouble making decent cars.
    Would be easily solved if they got rid of all the American designer's and engineers and just used th rest of the worlds. Its not like they need 2 sets of cars that compete in the same segments of the industry.

Between Europe, Asia and Australia they have all the hatchbacks, sedans, suv's and commercial vehicles that they need.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Ferrer: Well I didn't mean SEAT's faltering, but amongst all from the group, they're all doing exceptionally well, except SEATs who're so-so-

Dunno much about Ford Australia thou, if it's country specific, FORD is doing a shit job in where I am, Malaysia accounts for 1 in every 3 car sold in ASEAN countries .... over here no one ever thought of their cars anymore. Moreover they only offer the Focus Sedan and Hatchback both around Civic's price range which generally means "don't even think about it"
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    I just re-read the original post. It reads :"Which has better products?"

I guess that calls it, as a group wise, whichever is in a better financial state gets my vote. Product wise, completely subjective.

But may I ask, if Ford's so great. Why the current dilemma? No matter how well they put it in interviews or press conference, selling off Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover is not exactly a wonderful thing, and it only shows they're still struggling, and why are they in this state? Cos in US Ford is not doing a good job, hope they get to turn around but as for now, as a group, they're still not doing a jolly good job.

I've never disagree Ford Europe's excellent products, if that's what you got caught up and got jumpy about.
    Excelent we are now making progress. Group wise Ford id say given its size and potential resources (much like gm it has many other money making enterprises) is could possibly cement itself in 3rd largest autogroup spot but I dont think that will happen. At the current point of writing VW has a better mode of thinking and while it isnt selling as many (and possibly never will) products it doesnt matter because their profiatbility using only a few (3 i beleive) platforms spread out over ALL their cars is seeing them working efficently and for very little.

Why the delema in the 70s? why VWs dilemma in the 80s? loss of direction, loss of intrest from the public, the weather ect ect the reason is prboably greater then we can scope here and id say its culmuative factors over a VERY broad spectrum. As for selling of aston Martin people who could afford them often wanted competators cars + small production company = make it hard to turn a profit so you sell it to someone who wants it. As for land rover and jag they wstarted to turn a profit a very fast way to get money is to sell profitable companys also they probably wont be a total loss tata will mroe then likly keep ford as product suppliers and makers at least untill they start making all new cars. So there may be some method to their apparent madness.

Re-read my last post I clearly explained myself. At the end of the day when it comes down to it well take fleet500s (i picked him for his simple method of thinking) licoln towncar which i could honestly say is a car I wouldent want to own (tarted up crown vic) and unless I really enjoyed test driving it or some divine intervention happened id want it about as much as id want herpes but he likes it so why would he like it? well apprently its smooth,Its american (important for many americans), does the job,cheap to fix,cheap to run (claimed) and so on and if it was really that bad it wouldent sell at all now would it?

Syko ford america not all that long ago had the highest selling car in america (the f-150) and the 6th highest selling car (mustang) and a reasonble preforming focus and other cars that varied in sales from average to poor (poor ones being dropped quickly in most cases) and they semmed to be in sh*t then....somthing strange is going on there and it seems to be the same with gm.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Thread Information