Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen Group versus Ford Group

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    But they can actually produce profits. Aston Martin was doing its best under Ford. Why sell it when you're turning out profits? Try fixing your other marques first. ?
    That's what they're trying to do, Aston is doing so well, market price higher than ever, that Ford had to think of this:

Invest more to capitalize on it's success and offset just that little from their huge losses..... or sell it while it is worth alot now, get the liquidity they needed to fix themselves - Which i find no point.

Ford should just sell off Ford US, remain Ford UK (or Germany...), with Volvo, Mazda, Land Rover, they'll do fine.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Ford should just sell off Ford US, remain Ford UK (or Germany...), with Volvo, Mazda, Land Rover, they'll do fine.
    What about Ford Australia don't forget us .
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Quote Originally Posted by syko View Post
    What about Ford Australia don't forget us .
    err..... sell that as well..... gm do much better in australia.

err..... sell that as well..... gm do much better in australia.
    $40 million loss is not as bad as holdens awesome effort of a $146 million loss.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Ford then?
    Between Mondeo and Passat, clearly the Mondeo.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    you know. Maybe I'm a noob for not thinking about it before but....

I just figured out why Ford decided to go with Premier Auto Group instead of Ford Auto Group...
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Care to explain what you found out?

Because I think I'm the noob.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    I think of the American manufacturers Ford easily has the best build quality and interiors, but GM beats it on exterior designs. But the German build quality is just so far beyond anything the Americans can come up with that PVAG wins this easily.
    Quite a few recent German cars (BMW 7-series, BMW X5 V-8, Mercedes CLK, M-Class, S-Class, SL, VW Cabrio, Jetta, New Beetle, Touareg) have had reliability problems. The supposed "build quality" isn't helping much for those models!

I much rather buy a Mercury Grand Marquis, Lincoln Town Car (or Ford Focus, Five Hundred or Fusion or Mercury Montego or Milan) than a one of the above trouble-prone European cars, even with its "superior" build quality.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    I'm going with Vag on this, clear choice for me, european brand vs american, vag as better cars, engines, looks, build quality, the only decent fords are european enginered ones.
    Not so. The Lincoln Town Car and Mercury Grand Marquis are among the most reliable and longest-lasting Ford products being built.
    True, the above are not sports or high-performance cars, but they are generally well-built and have plenty of engineering features.

The VW group easily wins this competition.

Has anyone seen the new Focus? It's uglier than anything Chris Bangle could come up with. It's so ugly that it might scare old people, young children, and the FCC.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by syko View Post
    $40 million loss is not as bad as holdens awesome effort of a $146 million loss.
    well, that notion of thought came with so many australian forummers here praising HSVs and Holdens but none mentioned of any Ford....

then... sell it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    The VW group easily wins this competition.

Has anyone seen the new Focus? It's uglier than anything Chris Bangle could come up with. It's so ugly that it might scare old people, young children, and the FCC.
    The modern VWs are no beauty queens either! I'd rather have a reliable ugly car than a problematic ugly car.

Are you referring to the US focus? one of the most recalled vehicles ever?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Are you referring to the US focus? one of the most recalled vehicles ever?
    So is Toyota.
    But the Focus is more reliable (in general) than most VW models.

I never said anything about toyota. the Tundra/Sienna are built in the US anyway

just a few little details i found on the ConsumerGuide automotive website

Quote Originally Posted by ConsumerGuide
    NHTSA Recall History
    2000 w/speed control: Control-cable core wire could catch on sleeve at cable end during wide-open throttle acceleration, preventing throttle from returning to idle.
    2000: Decklid wire harness on certain cars can fatigue and develop broken wires, resulting in loss of individual lamp functions or electrical short.
    2000: Hub retaining nuts can loosen, allowing left rear wheel and brake-drum assembly to separate.
    2000-01 wagon and hatchback: In certain vehicles with folding 60/40 second seat, when the 60-percent portion is folded down and load is applied to front edge of load floor, outboard-hinge pivot could disengage.
    2000-01: A switch located in the plastic cover of the wiper-motor gear case could malfunction and overheat, potentially resulting in loss of wiper function or fire.
    2000-01: Cars equipped with Zetec engines may have faulty battery cables, causing a short to occur, and possibly resulting in the illumination of the check-engine light and fire. Dealer will inspect and replace affected part.
    2000-01: On certain cars, bolts in the steering knuckle may become loose, resulting in vibration and eventual decrease in steering control. Dealer will inspect and tighten all loose bolts.
    2000-04 four-/five-door: Build-up of corrosion at pawl pivot area of rear door latch on certain cars sold or registered in specified states can cause binding; if not latched properly, the door may open while vehicle is moving.
    2001: Contanimation of fuel-filter delivery module can block fuel flow to the engine, causing stalling.
    2001: Seatback recliner handle spring on some vehicles could be damaged, causing seatback to be loose or to recline unexpectedly.
    2002 SVT: Throttle may not return to the closed position when the accelerator is released. It may be necessary to depress the clutch and apply the brake to stop the vehicle.
    Worrying, no?

Compare this to the VW Golf/Jetta of the equivalent time

Quote Originally Posted by ConsumerGuide
    NHTSA Recall History
    1999 Jetta: If the vehicle is driven with a rear flat tire, the fuel-tank filler neck can wear, causing a fuel leak and possible fire.
    1999 Jetta: Some vehicles do not comply with head-injury criterion requirements.
    1999: Sound-absorbing mat attached to inside of B-pillar side-trim panel could ignite when exposed to exhaust gas of seatbelt pretensioner, if it's triggered during a crash.
    1999-2000 Jetta: The brake light switch on these vehicles may malfunction. Dealers will inspect and replace affected parts.
    2000-2001 Golf: Front-suspension control arm could gradually loosen and ultimately separate from its bracket in normal driving.
    2001-02: ABS Electrical Control Unit can short circuit, causing a fire.
    2004-05 Golf/diesel: High-pressure diesel pump may contain an improper fastener, which could allow diesel fuel to escape.
    Overall Solution - Don't buy either South or North American made products
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information