Thread: Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

tomb raider anniversary demo is now out for PC:

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/...sary/demo.html

My mini-review:

I've played and completed every tomb raider ever made. It was the first game that I ever really got into when I was 6 years old. Anniversary takes us back to the first game in celebration of 10 years of Lara Croft. Using the advantage of next-gen gaming technology to make Laras curves more like curves than triangles! Its not a complete rendition of the original game, it just ticks all the boxes and follows the same storyline. E.G the famous T-Rex boss. Which is where the demo ends just as you're about to fight him. From what i can tell from the demo. Fantastic game. It does exactly what the original tomb raider games did well. Piss you off greatly trying to solve puzzles. Overwhelmingly unreal bosses, Tombs and huge waterfalls. Its alot more defined than 'Legend'. Plays alot more smoothly and the controller setup with my 360 controller plugged into the USB port is fantastic. I really wouldnt want to play the game any other way. So you 360 players arent completely losing out in that sense. Just buy the game for PC and plug your controller in. The advantage of anniversary being a next-game game is that the levels are huge. You really can see for ages. You feel like Lara's an ant

The game is only on PS2 and PC. Keeping faithful to its original platform, and also to let us pc gamers experience tomb raider in next-gen graphic form. The game runs amazingly well on full graphics settings. 6xAA in-game settings, vsync, HDR, etc etc. So it shouldnt be a problem for most pc gamers to run.

2 screens i managed to take, and a wallpaper:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I got fed up of this after the 2nd one... i think it's enough already!!!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

have you not played tomb raider since crystal dynamics took over the project from core design? It really is how tomb raider used to be. Its well worth giving a try.

i saw tv review of full version, looks very promising
    12 cylinders or walk!

lara does actually look quite younger in it compared to Legend. Dare I say her boobs look smaller? She doesnt have an american speaking in her ear either. Its all good old tomb-raiding. The old fashioned way. With dinosaurs and bears and crocodiles. The sort of stuff that used to scare you in the old games. Tomb raider has always been far-fetched. Until core design tried to make it more down to earth and realistic in angel of darkness. Much to their demise. Remember the last levels of Tomb raider 2? I seem to remember being in some strange realm with floating islands and flying green baddies before you meet the dragon boss (see picture). Come to think of it....WTF???

Last edited by Cotterik; 06-14-2007 at 02:30 PM.

i've played some and i like it, very nice game, reminds me of the first or so.

the dinosaur takes long to kill though, as far as i saw, still good.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    have you not played tomb raider since crystal dynamics took over the project from core design? It really is how tomb raider used to be. Its well worth giving a try.
    The first and second where my favourite ones, if this goes back to thoose i'll certainly give it a try
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information