Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A new idea: The Photography assignment

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    fresh?
    Hypothermia?

That's 11 characters.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

You guys love to over-complicate things with millions of rules.

Here's how I'd make this

- Agree on a topic
    - Agree on a time limit (guideline/flexible), say 3 or 4 weeks
    - Everyone who participated creates a thread with 10 photos each (or however many), and members comment on each person's set of photos
    - If anyone is dying to make this a competition, each member selects a few of his photos (3 or 4, or all of them), and it goes into a poll where everyone votes for their favourite set

As soon as I get my new camera and some money I'd take part in this
    My other signature has a V12

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari View Post
    thats acutally just my half of the hourly wage. im working with a friend who is inside printing.
    You seriously charge people $127.00 per hour?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

i should have said 62.50 i realize. 125/hr. thats about what i would have charged, but they suggested the price.

pinin, agreed about there not being many rules at all. but i think even asking people to agree on a topic is not gonna happen, that just opens it up to people bitching. one person chooses a topic of their choice, others put in one entry, people can comment, the topic chooser picks their favorites. the person who submitted their fav photo chooses the next topic, and so on.. at least thats how i would do it. this way nobody has to agree.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

One person picking a topic could cause problems too, so I don't know how to deal with that. And if one person was to pick a winner, they should write a short summary of what they thought of each entry, and explain their reasons for choosing their favourite. Otherwise it'll just be like the photo comps.
    Last edited by Pinin; 06-17-2007 at 01:57 AM.

Someone that isn't going to participate has a dictionary. We choose a page and a line. Thats the word we use. Providing is deemed appropriate by the majority...
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    $63.50/hr? I hate you. I just get paid $10/hr plus $20 a picture for a construction company I shoot for.
    Same here. 8€ or 10$ an hour and 2€ = 3$ for each published picture (usually about 50-70 are put online). Not to forget offcourse all the free drinks Being backstage is quite cool, because I get to talk to quite some (inter)national famous DJ's (for example David Gueta, Fedde LeGrand etc...)

Anyway im going off-topic too now. I have a bit of a hangover again, so I'll read this again tonight or tomorrow and see what we'll decide or something...

At least we don't have problems choosing the first, and the winner from the first will get to choose the topic for the second.

Since drakkie brought this up, he gets to choose the first topic. Yes, a poll would be interesting, but remember we shouldn't just start something and the lack of rules made it messy and many other 'duplication' threads (duplication due restricted in number of entries and time frame allowed. )
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pinin View Post
    And if one person was to pick a winner, they should write a short summary of what they thought of each entry, and explain their reasons for choosing their favourite.
    exactly. so drakkie should choose a first topic, and then choose a first, second, and third place winners, based on how well they fit the topic, and how he likes each photo. drakkie posts the winners in the same thread, explaining why he ranked them as he did. then the first place winner chooses the next topic and makes a new thread. sound good?

how long should each one be? one week? two weeks?

i dont think there should be any rules regarding photoshop, as long as theyre not pasting stuff into the picture to create a scene that wasn't there.

So, when does it start?

i dont think there should be any rules regarding photoshop, as long as theyre not pasting stuff into the picture to create a scene that wasn't there.
    i agree... we should be able to use the editing to more adequately portray what we want the pic to be.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

exactly. so drakkie should choose a first topic, and then choose a first, second, and third place winners, based on how well they fit the topic, and how he likes each photo. drakkie posts the winners in the same thread, explaining why he ranked them as he did. then the first place winner chooses the next topic and makes a new thread. sound good?

how long should each one be? one week? two weeks?

All sounds good. Could try about 2 weeks, give or take a few days, to give everyone a chance to finish

yea i think two weeks is good too, one is too short. drakkie, wanna make the first thread tomorrow (monday)? maybe the entry deadline is the second friday after that (june 29), and drakkie chooses the winners by sunday, new thread on monday (july 2)?

Thread Information