Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Nissan Skyline GT-R is like a 1.8T because it never loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Didn't it race in the ALMS?
    no, not the factory team.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    What car did the Bentley share its chassis and engine with then? Three years is a very normal period for a racing program. The current Peugeot program is three years. The Maserati is still racing and in the only series it was accepted, full factory teams are not allowed. Does it really hurt that much to admit you are wrong for once?
    As much as it hurts you, so I guess we're equal on that.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

As much as it hurts you, so I guess we're equal on that.
    Don't try to change the subject. You are wrong, not me.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Don't try to change the subject. You are wrong, not me.
    Great. I still think the Bentley operation was a little too evident that was destined for marketing. That's my view of it. We don't need to agree.

By the way, wasn't the Maserati at first run by the factory in its first year?
    Visca Catalunya!

Great. I still think the Bentley operation was a little too evident that was destined for marketing. That's my view of it. We don't need to agree.
    Are you really that naive? Can you name one major manufacturer that is in motor racing for another reason than marketing?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Are you really that naive? Can you name one major manufacturer that is in motor racing for another reason than marketing?
    I'm not saying that others aren't in racing for marketing. What I'm saying is that the Bentley was a little too evident in my opinion. That's it.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm not saying that others aren't in racing for marketing. What I'm saying is that the Bentley was a little too evident in my opinion. That's it.
    Why is it too evident? And don't present the argument that the Bentley Speed 8 = Audi R8, because other than the engine block, these two cars share not a single part.

(Ted Joans)

Why is it too evident? And don't present the argument that the Bentley Speed 8 = Audi R8, because other than the engine block, these two cars share not a single part.
    If only you had cared to read the other parts of my posts instead on focusing only on that...

They had help from Audi people, the Joest team, Audi drivers, etc. Audi even didn't bother sending works to the 2003 24h Le Mans, I suppose to make Bentley's win easier and to help them run the team.
    Visca Catalunya!

If only you had cared to read the other parts of my posts instead on focusing only on that...

They had help from Audi people, the Joest team, Audi drivers, etc. Audi even didn't bother sending works to the 2003 24h Le Mans, I suppose to make Bentley's win easier and to help them run the team.
    Joest had won Le Mans several times before running cars from that other German manufacturer and Audi did not field a works team in 2004 and 2005 either. They had their three years of success and withdrew. Also the Bentley covered 2 more laps than the Audi did the year before.

(Ted Joans)

Joest had won Le Mans several times before running cars from that other German manufacturer and Audi did not field a works team in 2004 and 2005 either. They had their three years of success and withdrew. Also the Bentley covered 2 more laps than the Audi did the year before.
    But Joest technicians and engineers did help the Bentley team, which leads me to believe that there are other reasons, other than they had proved everything, for withdrawal.

Take the WRC teams of PSA. They were from the same Group, and yet they fought, the racing departments were separed, as were the budgets and everything. And when Citroen entered Championship with a WRC, Peugeot didn't withdrawn. That was real competition, not what VAG did, in my opinion.
    Visca Catalunya!

But Joest technicians and engineers did help the Bentley team, which leads me to believe that there are other reasons, other than they had proved everything, for withdrawal.
    Joest engineers also need a job from time to time.
    I think this whole argument boils down to your private opinion on what VAG did. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but don't be surprised when others do not agree with you.
    (PS: having the last word not always means "winning" a debate)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Winning three years in a row, twice with a podium clean-sweep was not enough?

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Joest engineers also need a job from time to time.
    I think this whole argument boils down to your private opinion on what VAG did. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but don't be surprised when others do not agree with you.
    (PS: having the last word not always means "winning" a debate)
    I don't want Wouter to agree with me, I was just stating my opinion, and I know that it is just that. But he keeps on discussing it, what can I do?
    Winning three years in a row, twice with a podium clean-sweep was not enough?
    I'm just saying that I find suspicious that the year they retired was the year Bentley won. That's it. As I said above is just my opinion. While I was wrong on the R8 assumption, there's no wrong or right with opinions, everyone is entitled to his/hers.
    Visca Catalunya!

I don't want Wouter to agree with me, I was just stating my opinion, and I know that it is just that. But he keeps on discussing it, what can I do?
    leave it....

Thread Information