Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: New California Laws effective 7/1/07

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    maybe you should carefully read your post again that I quoted.....you tell us that the car has been repaired....
    No, I meant it as a blooper. If you watch the scene carefully, near the very end of the movie, you can see the left front fender get bent as it comes down from the jump. Then, a few minutes later, when it's driving in the wash, it is undamaged.
    Even if shot out-of-sequence, it should look damaged in the scenes after the jump in order to follow the story line.

Back to the "General Lee" Charger:
    "Damage to the jumped cars was generally so severe that the cars were never used again in the show for any action; just for parts to build another Second Unit General Lee."
    Source: http://members.lycos.nl/dodgecharger69/general_lee.htm

(Near the bottom of the page, under "Second Unit Cars.")
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    No, I meant it as a blooper.
    that makes sense....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    that makes sense....
    I actually read it on one of those movie mistakes website. I didn't see it when I watched the movie. So I ran the tape I have of it again, and sure enough, the dents and bends in the front left fender are gone a few scenes after the jump!

I actually read it on one of those movie mistakes website. I didn't see it when I watched the movie. So I ran the tape I have of it again, and sure enough, the dents and bends in the front left fender are gone a few scenes after the jump!
    so they shot the "next scene" prior to the jump.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The point was already made FLeet -- that happens ALL THE TIME in movies.
    THe story line makes out the car survives and so the director use a different car - or as was said, repairs it.
    It's a VERY common "blooper" to see car damage miracoulously disappear. If you watch closely you will regularly see it and it happens to ALL cars ... you've argued yourself in circles over the General Lee, suggest you chill and review and come back with the view you hold as I@m confused
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Yes, and a few scenes later, the damaged left front end of the car is now repaired! Meaning that another car was used after the jump.
    They are not going to keep driving a car with all of that damage. Everybody knows that.
    No, I meant it as a blooper. If you watch the scene carefully, near the very end of the movie, you can see the left front fender get bent as it comes down from the jump. Then, a few minutes later, when it's driving in the wash, it is undamaged.
    Even if shot out-of-sequence, it should look damaged in the scenes after the jump in order to follow the story line.

Back to the "General Lee" Charger:
    "Damage to the jumped cars was generally so severe that the cars were never used again in the show for any action; just for parts to build another Second Unit General Lee."
    Source: http://members.lycos.nl/dodgecharger69/general_lee.htm

(Near the bottom of the page, under "Second Unit Cars.")
    Do you not understand how movies are made? And how much money is spent on things such as stunts and props?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    The point was already made FLeet -- that happens ALL THE TIME in movies.
    THe story line makes out the car survives and so the director use a different car - or as was said, repairs it.
    It's a VERY common "blooper" to see car damage miracoulously disappear. If you watch closely you will regularly see it and it happens to ALL cars ... you've argued yourself in circles over the General Lee, suggest you chill and review and come back with the view you hold as I@m confused
    I already posted a brief summary about the General Lee.
    And I know those "bloopers" happen a lot. I've seen them on other shows like "The A-Team" and "CHiPs."
    Last edited by Fleet 500; 07-03-2007 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Do you not understand how movies are made? And how much money is spent on things such as stunts and props?
    I sure do. I even have a book on how movie making and special effects are done. And yes, stunts and props do cost a lot.

The caption in the second photo reads:
    "Take three girls (Jean Peters, Maggie McNamara and Dorothy McGuire) and one (partial) car, and a back-projection screen, and hey presto! Rome in "Three Coins in the Fountain (1954). Although much of the film was shot on location- indeed, this was the whole point of what was, in effect, a glamorous travelogue- for decades automobile shots were done this way. It was easy, it was lazy, and it looked terrible."

Note- This technique was also used on "Dukes of Hazzard." The scenes which show Bo and Luke in the car driving and the scenery is blurring by is actually using a stationary car and a screen with footage filmed earlier located behind and to the side of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

New California Laws effective 7/1/07

Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting7/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old). Don’t do it again because 2nd time is going to be double. 3rd time triples, and 4th time license suspended.
    2. Incorrect lane change - $380. Don’t cross the lane on solid lines or intersections.
    3. Block intersection - $485
    4. Driving on the shoulder - $450
    5. Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of
    07/01/07.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 09-11-2008 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by albertjames View Post
    Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting7/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old). Don’t do it again because 2nd time is going to be double. 3rd time triples, and 4th time license suspended.
    2. Incorrect lane change - $380. Don’t cross the lane on solid lines or intersections.
    3. Block intersection - $485
    4. Driving on the shoulder - $450
    5. Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of
    07/01/07.
    ------------
    albertjames
    what about cell phone use in general? All fines double in construction zones. (not only in Cali, but also in Oregon and Washington as I very recently observed.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 09-11-2008 at 02:20 AM.

As of 7/1/08 you cant drive and talk on the cellphone, unless it is hands free
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    As of 7/1/08 you cant drive and talk on the cellphone, unless it is hands free
    Stupid. It's the convo not the use of one hand...

I didnt make the law.
    I have a list of qualities that, when people display them, should be dealt with by instant roadside excecution.

Women in SUVs...
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information