Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Movie Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Epic Movie for cheap laughs, Infernal Affairs if you want something more sophisticated (warning-it's in Chinese), You Only Live Twice (great film!), or the Punisher if you fancy something mindlessly violent.
    Internal Affairs was remade in the states as The Departed which I suggested earlier. I would like to see the original too however. Was it subbed or dubbed?

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK 300ZX View Post
    Cinema is undoubtely one of my greatest passions!

My choice:

The Godfather, The Godfather - Part II, A Clockwork Orange, Trainspotting, Goodfellas, Schindler's List, Raging Bull, Full Metal Jacket, Le Mans, Der Himmel Über Berlin, Der Untergang, Das Leben der Anderen, Scarface, Carlito's Way, Dog Day Afternoon, Chinatown, Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi, Monoke-Hime, Annie Hall, The Pianist, Habla con Ella, Diarios de motocicleta, Amores Perros, The usual suspects, Dr. Strangelove, Once upon a time in America, One flew over the cuckoo's nest, The Shawshank Redemption, The Elephant Man, The English Patient, Taxi Driver, Shine, Fight Club, Se7en, Das Boot, The Doors, The Big Fish, Pulp Fiction, Belle Epoque, Nowhere in Africa, Reservoir Dogs, Cidade de Deus, Carandiru, La Vita è Bella, Nuovo Cinema Paradiso, Amadeus, 25 grams, Lost Highway, Mulholland drive, Blue Velvet, Wonderboys, Good will Hunting, Almost famous, The shining, Edward Scissorhands, The Crow, Le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain, Ethernal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Shichinin no samurai, Kramer vs Kramer, The Green Mile, The silence of the lambs, La Marche De L' Empereur, Wo hu cang long, American Beauty, Platoon, The Departed, As good as it gets, Chariots of Fire, Fargo, Lola Rennt, Match Point, Requiem for a Dream, Babel, La Haine, The Elephant Man, Paradise Now, The Deer Hunter, Y tu mama también, ****ing Amal, The Syrian Bride, Oldboy, Ying Xiong, Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom, Shi Gan, Tasogare Seibe, Ran...
    Nice. That pretty much encompasses my dvd collection.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Ratatouille Discussion Thread

Just saw this movie yesterday. Great film. I don't see any faults whatsoever with it. Like other Pixar films, it's top notch. Great humor in it. A movie I would recommend.

For those who don't know about this movie, it's about a rat who knows how to cook. He gets separated from his family and meets a boy who has no talent in cooking whatsoever.

Comments are welcome.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 06-30-2007 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini View Post
    If you don't mind subtitles, IMHO Taxi and Taxi 2 are both worth watching. Fairly unchallenging, but entertaining, none the less.

And no, not the bloody american remake...
    Great memories to it ! I will never forget watching this French movie in a french pub. The frenchies locals laughed at very different moments than me. Especially the typically french thingy's I cracked up on and they didn't

However if you look at the overall quality, it is pretty bad. But as you said, entertaining.

In general I like movies with a deeper meaning, that make you think. For example Goodbye Lenin or Kaos. Especially Kaos, I saw it once three years ago, but i still think about it every day ! Loved every second of it ! Same with Apocalypse Now. Some movies really grab you and never let go..

Layer Cake
    American Pie
    American Pie2
    American Pie3: The Wedding
    American Pie Presents: Band Camp
    American Pie: The Naked Mile
    Shaun Of The Dead
    28 Days Later
    Any 007 James Bond movie
    Oceans11
    Oceans12
    Schindlers List
    Munich
    Borat: Cultural Learning Of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation Kazakhstan
    Blade
    Ice Age
    Ice Age2
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 06-30-2007 at 12:50 PM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

I just watched Ghost Rider on BluRay and it was great. I'd watch paint dry if Eva Mendez was in it though.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

ghost rider looks like the easiest film to mock of all time it just looks so bad. is it actually a decent film?

i know most people arent into japanese animation but 'Spirited Away' is a fantastic story. a must watch imho.

Thread Information