Thread: 'Latest Reputation Recieved' Box - Little Grey Boxes?

'Latest Reputation Recieved' Box - Little Grey Boxes?

In the attatchment you can see that as well as the green thingies, which represent a +1 I would guess, there's some grey thingies too. Are they meaning that whoever gave the rep. didn't select +1 or -1, so it's neutral? Or does it mean -1? Or what?

I'm probably missing something very obvious here..

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ZerK
    In the attatchment you can see that as well as the green thingies, which represent a +1 I would guess, there's some grey thingies too. Are they meaning that whoever gave the rep. didn't select +1 or -1, so it's neutral? Or does it mean -1? Or what?

I'm probably missing something very obvious here..

Thanks in advance
    Folks can't actually give out rep POINTS until they themself have reached a rep of 20.
    It's an attempt to try to ensure that those giving out rep points have some concept of a quality rep ( as they must have convinced 20 other members to give them a rep for a spointg(s) )
    So the grey box is a positive rep, but with no points as the giver isn't 'matured'
    You kind of get used to it as when newbies come on they often find posts they like ( old ones ) and you get a rep comment for something you wrote months back
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

just a positive way of saying good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Folks can't actually give out rep POINTS until they themself have reached a rep of 20.
    It's an attempt to try to ensure that those giving out rep points have some concept of a quality rep ( as they must have convinced 20 other members to give them a rep for a spointg(s) )
    So the grey box is a positive rep, but with no points as the giver isn't 'matured'
    You kind of get used to it as when newbies come on they often find posts they like ( old ones ) and you get a rep comment for something you wrote months back
    Okay, thanks It seems like I have serious newbie appeal...
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Me too, hopefully someone who takes rep seriously won't get upset and suggest more changes
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm not particularly bothered by the whole rep thing, but I can see why it's there.

I suppose it helps to keep trolls from just signing up, take rep points off everyone, and post a few "My uncels car is so fazt, omg!!!!!111!!! Nissanz rule" type things then leave/ get banned

The only person who has given me one of these 'faux' rep points didn't bother to leave a comment So I don't know if what I said was good or bad.

I'll just assume it was good
    Thanks for all the fish

so do i, i get almost +2 every day, but always from people below 20 rep
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Seems like I repel these "n00b" creatures.
    heh, when I was one of these "n00bs" which I still am, and always will be (can't help it...) I "added" rep to people and wondered if there was a bug because the rep didn't go up! I didn't do very old posts though, nothing over a week.

Thread Information