Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comp 123 Weekly Automotive

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    Wouter and dydzi, would it be possible for you both to upload them stunning pictures in high res so i can be jealous of how much better you are than i am, please?
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...ll.php&rid=130
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Unfortunately i am currently unable to pay for a subscription. I haven't got any way of paying you (no credit card), even if i (unfortunately) didn't have such a large shopping list. Which sucks, something I really would like to have (the sub) but alas, not yet.

Many ways to pay other than credit card. There is Paypal, bank cheque, cash, and money order
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    Wouter and dydzi, would it be possible for you both to upload them stunning pictures in high res so i can be jealous of how much better you are than i am, please?
    http://images26.fotosik.pl/13/33340aa207b54b10.jpg
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Does a panel van go in this or the General comp?
    Anything automotive goes in here. So even a panel van or a lorry or somthing similar..

drakkie
    Little Suzi
    Fuji Finepix S5600
    Last Sunday
    Rozenburg, The Netherlands

This location is a very popular one for magazines, I got there while driving around randomly to look for some shoot-locations. I decided to take a break and shot this then. More will definately follow.
    Last edited by drakkie; 01-08-2008 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    This location is a very popular one for magazines, I got there while driving around randomly to look for some shoot-locations. I decided to take a break and shot this then. More will definately follow.
    for those who think this is our modern interpretation of Stonehenge, these slabs are meant to protect ocean going car-carriers against lateral winds....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Stop trying to pretend that the Druids don't gather there... You can see their shadows in the background
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Many ways to pay other than credit card. There is Paypal, bank cheque, cash, and money order
    Hehe, when i finally have an income i will consider it then... . All the money i save up out of my pocket money is spent on things, this week i'm replacing an MP3 player my brother went some way to breaking, and then when trying to fix it, it broke more, so i got angry, and broke it more, and then took it apart and ripped out all the stuff that's necessary, like the hard drive, pulled out USB stuff, snapped stuff... so thats already £150 down. It just means i have to justify something like this to my parents, who, unfortunately, don't seem to think this kinda stuff is important lol. It is one thing i would like to do, but sadly, i do not have the ability to do it, yet.
    Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 07-13-2007 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Stop trying to pretend that the Druids don't gather there... You can see their shadows in the background
    yes and they parked their car in the foreground...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    for those who think this is our modern interpretation of Stonehenge, these slabs are meant to protect ocean going car-carriers against lateral winds....
    Just wondering but don't they cope with lateral winds at sea too ?

yes but at sea they don't need to pass the narrow Caland Bridge, so they have room to move around...

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    yes but at sea they don't need to pass the narrow Caland Bridge, so they have room to move around...
    Ah yes, that must be it. Wouldn' it have been cheaper to build a new bridge instead of building these concrete things for almost a kilometre ?

Ah yes, that must be it. Wouldn' it have been cheaper to build a new bridge instead of building these concrete things for almost a kilometre ?
    they built a tunnel...and the bridge is wide enough for Panamax size carriers...

when you are dealing with winds you adjust your course to compensate for the set and drift that the wind and seas give you. its called crabbing, since you are driving sideways. when you can do this in a channel, but if it is too narrow you run the risk of occupying the entire thing, and not allowing other ships to pass. these windbrakes would probably assist, but by no means would they get rid of all the sideforces pushing on the ships. just merely something else to help the pilots.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information