Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Indianapolis Motor Speedway No Longer For F1

Quote Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
    I didn't call him anything but an Uber-Mod. I haven't done anything wrong.
    I don't see you in the wrong either. Just want to clarify things before people start crying about unfair moderation and stuff.

(1 infraction point for calling someone out on talking out of their ass isn't THAT bad people)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I don't see you in the wrong either. Just want to clarify things before people start crying about unfair moderation and stuff.

(1 infraction point for calling someone out on talking out of their ass isn't THAT bad people)
    you're just talking out your ass now.

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

One door closes another one opens... F1 is out, MotoGP is in, running on the course anti-clockwise and with four new turns. Indianapolis is much better off, I think.

Bernie Ecclestone didn't get to be the richest man in England for nothing you know... He must have been asking for too much money to run the GP there and Indy management must have forecasted no profit from the event, thus the no go decision.

I think under current circumstances it would be logic to run GPs on some tracks (the less attended) every two years.
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by magracer View Post
    One door closes another one opens... F1 is out, MotoGP is in, running on the course anti-clockwise and with four new turns. Indianapolis is much better off, I think.

Bernie Ecclestone didn't get to be the richest man in England for nothing you know... He must have been asking for too much money to run the GP there and Indy management must have forecasted no profit from the event, thus the no go decision.

I think under current circumstances it would be logic to run GPs on some tracks (the less attended) every two years.
    Yep, I think MotoGP is definitely the way to go myself. Just more entertaining to watch in general. I already got mail about the MotoGP in Indy a few days ago!
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

because you sounded like the biased US hater long before I chided in.
    Obviously I hate the US because I think other countries should be given the chance to host an F1 race, at the expense of the USGP, which after 7 years still hasn't really taken off.

Do you often struggle with the weight of that chip on your shoulder?

I didn't call him anything but an Uber-Mod.
    Without any provocation, aside from the fact that you apparently think I "hate" your country, you're being rude and insulting.

You could have disagreed with me without making derogatory comments, but you chose to break the UCP guidelines...

Your attitude is unnecessary and wholly unwelcome, especially on a Sunday afternoon.

And how do you know the Indian audience will be larger?
    And how do you know it will be smaller?

Look, I know the US isn't gaga about F1, but we have a substantial following, but half of them cant justify spending the money to go.
    Yes, and that is my argument, so why are you attacking me for it?

Bernie Ecclestone didn't get to be the richest man in England for nothing you know...
    You are right, he didn't get to be the richest man in England.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    You are right, he didn't get to be the richest man in England.
    I insist. He got to be the richest man in England, maybe he's not the richest now, but he got there in 1999.

BBC News | UK | Ecclestone 'richer than the Queen'
    Zag when they Zig

I insist. He got to be the richest man in England, maybe he's not the richest now, but he got there in 1999.

BBC News | UK | Ecclestone 'richer than the Queen'
    He's not even close these days.

Although not English per se, the richest man IN England by a mile is Lakshmi Mittal. He is the apparently the 5th richest man on the planet, with an estimated personal wealth of $32 billion. He made his money in the steel production business.

Coincidentally he actually bought his London house from Bernie Ecclestone for over $100 million, the highest price ever paid for a house in the world according to his Wikipedia entry - Lakshmi Mittal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Well, once F1 gets more exciting, then maybe we'll want it back. I think that last Grand Prix (at Nurburg) was really good, but for some reason I don't see a lot of F1 GPs going that way.

Edit: At this point I'd watch F1 qualifying rather than the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Without any provocation, aside from the fact that you apparently think I "hate" your country, you're being rude and insulting.

You could have disagreed with me without making derogatory comments, but you chose to break the UCP guidelines...

Your attitude is unnecessary and wholly unwelcome, especially on a Sunday afternoon.

And how do you know it will be smaller?

Yes, and that is my argument, so why are you attacking me for it?

Clearly there is a certain animosity towards the sport from Americans - there is always some sort of fuss kicked up when the circus rolls into town to bore the rest of the world with the annual festival of tedium that is the USGP.

There are plenty of other countries keen to host races, and who won't faff about trying to play hard ball "politics" with Bernie.
    Without any provocation? There isn't any animosity towards F1, people just don't understand it. You act like Americans just don't want it here. It's not like Bernie's making an effort to make it big, either. Bernie wants to portray F1 as a sport for the playboy, which doesn't appeal to the American public, and while it is one to be involved, it isn't if you're a fan. F1 can change it's standing with the US by treating them differently. That's what the MLS is trying to do.

Are you even reading my posts? I already stated that's the growing trend in most of the Asian/Middle Eastern countries. People aren't showing up in droves like they do in the traditional countries. I'm not trying to say they don't deserve the GP. I'm just trying to say they deserve it because they can pay for it and there's an interest, and they have a driver in the series. Not because it's their turn in line. I hope it's more successful than the other Asian/Middle Eastern countries. But it's not there because the U.S. hates F1.

Yeah, but we still get more attendance than most venues.
    "That's the first time I've been unhappy to have a bird on my face."

-Jenson Button after having a bird hit him during a preseason practice

I have to admit that as an American that time doesn't necessarily heal all wounds. I still really despise what happened at the first F1 race I ever attended (USGP 2005). But I might go to Montreal next year or sometime in the near future to get rid of that bad taste left in my mouth.

Thats not a bad idea, but be wary with Montreal. The track surface isnt the best, its broken up abit over the past couple of races and the types of tyres the teams bring because of the surface are pretty soft, so theres lots of rubber left offline. Thats how JV crashed into the barriers in '06 afterall. You're either going to see a bit of a procession there or a bit of a destruction derby because of those things.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Thats not a bad idea, but be wary with Montreal. The track surface isnt the best, its broken up abit over the past couple of races and the types of tyres the teams bring because of the surface are pretty soft, so theres lots of rubber left offline. Thats how JV crashed into the barriers in '06 afterall. You're either going to see a bit of a procession there or a bit of a destruction derby because of those things.
    Yeah it's fallen into disrepair in a few places.

Thread Information