Thread: Attachment of Images

Attachment of Images

I'm sure all members of UCP will have read the FAQ, incorporating the posting guidelines.

I'm sure that you will all have noticed item 12, regarding attachment of images.

This states that we prefer that you attach images, using the "Manage Attachments" feature in the "Additional Options" section of the "New Thread/Post" page.

Considering that this sub-forum is about showing off your handiwork, I'm sure you'll all agree that attaching images so that they are always here for everyone to see is a much better solution than dead links and people being restricted from accessing certain sites during their lunch breaks at school or work.

You can, if you wish, link pictures from hosting sites, but we ask that you do this only if the image is 800 pixels wide or less.

If you have an image that is larger than that, please either attach the image, or provide a plain text link to the image.

This rule is not intended as an arbitrary obstacle to showing work - if we did not want people posting chops, why would this sub-forum exist?

All we ask is that people respect these fairly simple rules.

If an image falls outside of these guidelines, the post will be edited.

If you have any queries, comments or issues, please contact one of the moderators.
    Thanks for all the fish

For the new kids out here.

To attach an image, you first click the "Go advanced" button in the bottom of the quick post box, or use the "Post reply" button under the last post.

You will find yourself in a different view then. Scroll down a little bit until you see the "Manage Attachments" button. Click it and a pop-up window appears.

If it doesn't pop-up you might need to check the settings off your pop-up blocker.

In the pop-up box you simply select a file from your harddrive. For images/pictures the file size limit is 1 MB. After having your pictures selected, press the "Upload" button. Wait for a few seconds and you will see a list of attached images.

From then on you don't need to do anything anymore. You can finish your post and press the "Submit Reply" button.

Good luck and remember you can always ask a experienced member. Im sure they will help you out !
    Last edited by drakkie; 01-08-2008 at 02:20 AM.

Drakkie, this is idiotic even for you standards; you posted an image inline that is wider than 800 pixels.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Drakkie, this is idiotic even for you standards; you posted an image inline that is wider than 800 pixels.
    F**K ! Not my intention, I will resize ! Hereby apologies, im a bit tired.
    Last edited by drakkie; 07-15-2007 at 04:00 AM.

Shouldn't it be written in the guideines that people should post pics in groups of 6 if there are more than 6 of them? I didn't do it and it really pissed of the moderators.

I don't mean to nitpick either.....but isn't english the default language of our forums?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information