Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally getting Audi's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Seriously, it's the username not the post that intrigues. . . .
    What do you mean?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Finally getting Audi's!!!
    Getting the Audi's what?

Sorry to be pedantic, but I figure if someone doesn't mention these things, people will keep doing it Might as well offer constructive advice.

Apostrophes are NEVER used to denote plurals
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    You gotta be fíng kidding me Is that a reason to get rid of a car ? Bloody hell, you are either pretty damn rich and/or spoilt !!! Why not give something to those in need instead of wasting it like this ?
    That's what my Dad's going to be doing from now on, for his cars anyway, I think the Mazda's expired long ago... It's a good idea.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

...getting rid of a car because the warranty expired is an excellent reason...

Case in point. My mom's E430. Bought 6 months old in 1998. Literally the week after the warranty went out (~2001?) the power steering went out. Several thousand dollars later, back on the road, then the transmission goes, something like $5,000 to repair IIRC. So we ditched that P.O.S. But, it's a Mercedes, what can you exepect.

Merrill, nice choice on cars and colors.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

haha, yeah, same here, we got the old A6 1.8T in 1999 when it was 2months old, ex-demo, warranty ran out in 2002 and the wheels had to be replaced as they went mouldy, one of the tweeters blew, then again, then again and again, the volume knob became VERY sensitive in the cold, then when it crossed 100,000mi the ABS pump went and that was a £1500 job and the MAF died, it's like they know when the make you pay for repairs.

Selling a car with fairly low milage and some warranty left that is a few years old is a good idea, it'll still be quite valuble so when buying your next car it doesn't involve quite so much saving.

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_20v View Post
    Latest rumours say 579 horsepower for the RS6.
    Nice bunch of cars. Dont like the Q7 that much but I still wouldnt complain being given one.
    That's good news there.

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    They just stopped making the RS4, and since they only make one RS model at a time i guess the RS6 will arrive soon.
    Not so good news there.....

What's the reason behind that? Weird stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    haha, yeah, same here, we got the old A6 1.8T in 1999 when it was 2months old, ex-demo, warranty ran out in 2002 and the wheels had to be replaced as they went mouldy, one of the tweeters blew, then again, then again and again, the volume knob became VERY sensitive in the cold, then when it crossed 100,000mi the ABS pump went and that was a £1500 job and the MAF died, it's like they know when the make you pay for repairs.

Selling a car with fairly low milage and some warranty left that is a few years old is a good idea, it'll still be quite valuble so when buying your next car it doesn't involve quite so much saving.
    Have you ever been with someone driving a car at a demo?
    It's started, pulled out of the dealer, and then beaten the crap out of as fast as the person is out of visibility. Always driven hard when cold is not healthy for a car. It's not a give-away the significant drop in price for the few miles the demo cars have.

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost View Post
    Have you ever been with someone driving a car at a demo?
    It's started, pulled out of the dealer, and then beaten the crap out of as fast as the person is out of visibility. Always driven hard when cold is not healthy for a car. It's not a give-away the significant drop in price for the few miles the demo cars have.
    Yeah, many, but if you're paying less for it and your just gonna sell it when the warrunty runs out does that factor really matter much? But if your not, I guess your best bet would be to get it checked over and then molly coddle it for a while.

EDIT: Actually, most of the Audi/VW/ Land Rover dealers bought the cars around to the front of the showroom, left the car idling as we were shown around some of it's features before being let out wih the car
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 07-16-2007 at 01:51 PM.

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    You gotta be fíng kidding me Is that a reason to get rid of a car ? Bloody hell, you are either pretty damn rich and/or spoilt !!! Why not give something to those in need instead of wasting it like this ?
    capitalism, m8.

Drakkie- you're not paying nor did you pay a red cent for the car. It's his (parents') car so they can do whatever the heck they want. There's probably also another reason behind getting rid of it besides the warranty, and as Coventry would say, don't jump to conclusions.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information