Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: General Photography Competition #99

Merrill
    Burj Al Arab "The Sail" in Dubai
    6/12/06
    Canon EOS 30D
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    You should buy a new screen / stop cheating. All your shots are edited to look completely unnatural. It's amazing that you are still allowed to enter these competitions.
    Not to mention that he gets upset when people call him out on it.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ant View Post
    It's done. And I'm done with pseudo-pros too. Continue with your competitions and your site and have fun.
    SPHFerrari actually IS a professional photographer, so nothing Pseudo about him, not to mention his comment was extremely valid.

You've won some competitions with awful pictures, consider that lucky, take people who have more experience than you's advice, and continue to improve instead of leaving the competitions and the site over a helpful comment that is a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Not to mention that he gets upset when people call him out on it.
    His latest approach is actually to completely ignore the comments.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Since I rarely get critized, I just assume that the photo is crap.
    No seriously, I would appreciate any suggestions on my photos.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari View Post
    leo_ant and drakkie, need to watch their horizons! level that shit out!

(drakkie, if urs was intentional i could see where ur going but IMO i dont think it works. i would try level or a more extreme tilt so it does just look like an accident. it might be interesting if the switchgear lever was straight up and down while everything else is tilted. i would try a few different arrangements out.)

rik, urs seems crooked to me as well but i cant tell if its just the angle of the swan that makes it look like that. i think u need to rotate it clockwise a tad.
    lol withut you I wouldn't even have noticed it ! Im working about 14 hours a day now and it tires me a lot. Also the biggest hangover ever on Sunday didn't help either. Pity I can't change it anymore, ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    You should buy a new screen / stop cheating. All your shots are edited to look completely unnatural. It's amazing that you are still allowed to enter these competitions.
    Perhaps you could find another victim of your constant bitching or find something more usefull to do ? Posting it once is fine, twice ok too I guess, but posting negative things about every single photo I post is just childish man. What is your F'ing problem with me, what did I do except perhaps make some "wrong" comments on the f'ing internet ?

Instead of pointing me on my mistakes it is much better to show how to do it else. Don't expect me to do everything to your precise liking, I am unique in charactre, taste and behaviour.. But that is what everybody finds nice in me in real life. I am definately not the easiest guy to hang out with, but when you get to know me..

Whatever the F*** you say doesn't mean a shit to me anymore. I find you an arrogant bastard lately that needs to find a new hobby. Get off my back. You think everything is wonderful here, it is nice, but there are always small things to improve. If you can't face that... (i'll swallow the rest of the sentence)... I try to be critical of every single thing I do myself, whether it is a school report, drawing or the cucumbers I cut all day. Maybe something to do too.

I like the atmosphere and the know-how here, I learned a lot from it. However a lot of you guys seem to join together or something and bitch me off about almost every F'ing thing. Dont let it end like at work not too long ago, where a guy chopped fingers off on purpose.

I didnt do anything to offend you on purpose, i think, Wouter, except perhaps offer my help to improve some things on the site and get bitched off for offering it.

I got a big mouth, which sometimes is too big, I know that of myself and especialy when I was younger I didnt really know when to STFU. In that way I feel I have matured a lot. Since I dont have too much practical experience I am definately wrong soemtimes, but instead of correcting me friendly...

I never intend to do harm or to offend anyone on purpose. I am a very pacifistic guy, that has suffered from being over-stressed by school last year (doctor diagnosed), I hope you can understand I aint always happy, im sure you aren't either.

I hope it made my point clear, if you want to discuss it please do on PM, email or real life.

Goodnight,

Sjoerd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Since I rarely get critized, I just assume that the photo is crap.
    No seriously, I would appreciate any suggestions on my photos.
    You're photo isn't crap, in fact it's actually a very good photo. However, I find it a little bit too dark and, for me, the subject of it isn't very interesting, but that is merely personal taste. It just feels a little empty. That said, i love the way the photo is taken, with just a little bit of light and the background very dark, nicely done. I know i'm not really someone to be critical of your photo, as you're evidently better than me, but i'm just trying to be constructive. It's a brilliant picture, and i'm being extra-critical here, and even then i can only really find the subject of it to be critical of. I just think something more lively could do slightly better? Try to be as imaginative as possible?

Wow, i just wrote a load of crap , but i hope it was helpful (cos i don't think it really was, but maybe you see differently, after all, you did assume it was crap when it clearly isn't ) The thing is, there's so many talented photographers here that you need to seek out something special and take the picture just as you'd like it.

Drakkie, I have one bit of advice for you: don't blame everybody else for your short-comings. Really nobody, but yourself is to blame for the fact that your posts are either rude, arrogant, anti-American or contain illegal images.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

And to add to that:

It's ok to be wrong, you don't have to have some far fetched excuse every single time you mess up.

My Porsche
    Austin
    Last Month
    Nikon D50

First Competition Entered

Ferrari330P4
    Vinca
    6/29/07
    Fuji FinePix S700

Constructive criticism is there to HELP you. Hence 'CONSTRUCTIVE'
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Waugh-terfall
    In the jungle
    9-7-07
    Sony Cyber-shot DSC W90
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    the subject of it isn't very interesting, but that is merely personal taste. It just feels a little empty.
    Thats something I do need work on. Not many of my photo's are "exciting" just experimental work really. Most of the things I photograph are completly spontanious. Some turn out ok, most I would like to say are more neat then cool. Guess that stems from a personal life that at the moment is rather dull (except for the weekends ). But I do get to go home and see the girl this weekend so thats a plus.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    My Porsche
    Austin
    Last Month
    Nikon D50
    Texas commies?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information