Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iranians Launch Anti-U.S. Game

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Understandable ... Americans to us are the Texans
    to us europeans, you are all Limeys, named after the semi-submerged piece of rock you live on. That you have your internal identity crises is futile at best
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Understandable ... Americans to us are the Texans
    Allright! Texas>America!
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    Allright! Texas>America!
    Texas = mid-west = taint of America
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    I've always wondered when a WW2 game in the eyes of a german would come along. But the answer is strictly: never. Tom Cruise was banned from germany because his Scientologist beliefs consider him a Nazi. For the same reason, anyone making a german WW2 game, unless you as a player inevitably come to a bloody demise at the end of the game, would be considered a Nazi gaming developer, and it wouldnt be published anywhere, or infact it wouldnt get the funding to start with. So it has to be said that the only people who get funding for games are either western or make games with little religious or historically biased background.

It is only the arabs, then, that can make a game that challenges the biggest gaming industry in the world by making a game that works against them. I wouldnt expect it to become a regular sight though
    I wouldn't say never. I know for a fact (because I own them) that the Combat Flight Simulator series allows you to do campaigns in the eyes of America, Britain, and Germany. The Americans and British have to capture Berlin and the Germans have to capture London. It is very fun and quite challenging to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    to us europeans, you are all Limeys, named after the semi-submerged piece of rock you live on. That you have your internal identity crises is futile at best
    Shouldn't you be off making clogs and towing a caravan?
    Thanks for all the fish

This is almost as hilarious as the "Hamas Mickey". OH NO KIDS! WE SHOULD TAKE BACK THE MOTHER LAND!!!

YAY!!!! (Ariel) SHARON IS DEAD!!!!!

Plain f-king disturbing.

Anyway... Iran isn't THAT big of a threat, but with the US presence in Iraq, it might turn into something like a malignant tumor and spread until Iran starts firing at us.

Since we're talking about stereotypes, isn't Woulter Dutch? So.. shouldn't he be spending supporting member funds smoking marijuana
    Last edited by kingofthering; 07-18-2007 at 04:52 PM.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    I'd say I was more of a southern man.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Depends. Shooters like Rainbow 6 are considered good because of the realism is due to the tactical nature and planning element of it, making it realistic by not having you plow in gun's blazing. It's was actually pretty boring to do that.
    And you generally get hosed. Actually SWAT is even more tactical and kind of forces a less aggressive game play. You do get to shoot the bad guys but you loose point for un authorised use of violence. You generally need to yell out and offer a chance to surrender. Still you can afford to loose some points!

Sorry Henk.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    And you generally get hosed. Actually SWAT is even more tactical and kind of forces a less aggressive game play. You do get to shoot the bad guys but you loose point for un authorised use of violence. You generally need to yell out and offer a chance to surrender. Still you can afford to loose some points!

Sorry Henk.
    no need to apologise, computer games belong to another world for me, that I never enter....(including the ones, where you can pretend to be a racing driver behind a screen). The last time I got sort of involved in these sort of activities was about 20 years ago, when I manoeuvred a ship into a port, using a real time simulator....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    no need to apologise, computer games belong to another world for me, that I never enter....(including the ones, where you can pretend to be a racing driver behind a screen). The last time I got sort of involved in these sort of activities was about 20 years ago, when I manoeuvred a ship into a port, using a real time simulator....
    Well I love the pinnys too. My mate used to buy and sell second hand ones (and made good pocket money out of it) and I got to live my childhood dream of racking up as many free games as I wanted!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    Well I love the pinnys too. My mate used to buy and sell second hand ones (and made good pocket money out of it) and I got to live my childhood dream of racking up as many free games as I wanted!
    yep, those were the days....

How has no one mentioned the name of the game yet? "Rescue the Nuke Scientist" Hopefully something was lost in translation there...

BTW I want this game...
    "It's the only car I've ever driven that'll spin the wheels at 200 mph."
    -Mark Donohue, talking about the Penske 917/30 twin-turbo Porsche Can-Am car.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    Define simmered down. 100 people dieing in 1 car bomb? 20 dieing every other day wounding many, many more?

It hasn't simmered down at all. It's a shame for our troops and the population there of innocent civilians to become the victims of 3 barberic groups.
    Its a HELL of a lot better than it was several hundred years ago. What im talking about are these groups coming to a cease fire,peace talks or electing leaders that want peace, only to have them broken or ousted by western, usually the US, countries...

Texans are actually the closest to the "ideal" American, hell just look at Reagan and the Bushs and youll see what America considers a REAL patriotic American...

Maryland = East Coast = Gooch of America.

Texas isn't mid-west either...
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Thread Information