Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citroen BX 4TC

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    strange how people unaware of the reputation of the normal BX seem to be interested in a car that was technically some sort of failure and very difficult to handle. Normal 4x4 versions seem to be readily available.
    (for the record, I have owned 4 different BX models )
    I'm not even sure the BX was sold in the U.S. market, but I could be wrong.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    quelque chose aiment ceci CITROËN - Le Conservatoire
    Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    Thanks But it still doesn't give the answer why they won't make it available for public.
    "The role of Le Conservatoire is to promote the image of the Marque" - by keeping all the cars and memorabilia stored in a warehouse Ridiculous. Normally manufacturers are proud of their heritage and display it to be admired by people. Even Peugeot has it's Musee de l'Aventure Peugeot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    Maybe Peugeot doesn't want Citroen to show them off? I'm not sure.
    The only reason I can think of is that they don't want it to be damaged... Offcourse it will cost some money to put up a museum. Also one of the reasons might be that there is lots lost in time. No idea. I'll write a letter to a certain Citroën magazine, maybe they know the answer. For the moment i'd love to spend my day here:

Un volant, 4 roues et un voyage passionnant...: Le Musée Citroën d'Henri Fradet : la quête d'une vie...

some pictures:

L'incroyable Musée Citroën d'Henri Fradet

Apparetly all cars have less than 1000(?) km's on the clock !!!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    strange how people unaware of the reputation of the normal BX seem to be interested in a car that was technically some sort of failure and very difficult to handle. Normal 4x4 versions seem to be readily available.
    (for the record, I have owned 4 different BX models )
    Is this, probably, the most useless Group B car in the world?

I think it's only outdone by the Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Is this, probably, the most useless Group B car in the world?

I think it's only outdone by the Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione...
    nah ... the 959 -- FAR too heavy to be competititve

It's also impossible to do fair comparisons for GroupB as some were late to the realisation of 4wd and needed longer to develop and produce the cars.
    ALL the GroupB greats took a LOT of development which the BX clearly never managed to do ( and was overweight to start ) with the early demise of the formula.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

nah ... the 959 -- FAR too heavy to be competititve
    But at least it won something...
    It's also impossible to do fair comparisons for GroupB as some were late to the realisation of 4wd and needed longer to develop and produce the cars.
    ALL the GroupB greats took a LOT of development which the BX clearly never managed to do ( and was overweight to start ) with the early demise of the formula.
    Yes, but of the late Group B cars is by far the less promising. The RS200 which debuted in the WRC a rally after the BX, showed a lot more promise than the Citroen. I know their approach was different (and probably the correct one) but the spectacular Citroen failure is something which amazes me, especially if we consider that its stablemate was the most successful Group B car ever.
    Visca Catalunya!

Manta 400, Ford RS1700T ?
    Cars that never made it in GroupB and not to forget teh RX-7 GroupB ( tho' it's doing well having resurfaced )

The problem the BX had was they used monocoque just as everyoen else realise moving to spaceframe was necessary to be competitive. Then GroupB got banned

oh and Citroen and Peugeot were ( and still are ) extremely secretive and competitive. Just because they're under the same organisation doesn't lead them to help each other
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Manta 400, Ford RS1700T ?
    Cars that never made it in GroupB and not to forget teh RX-7 GroupB ( tho' it's doing well having resurfaced )
    You are right on the Ford, never turned a wheel in anger, like the Ferrari. But the Manta was reasonable car in national and European championships, especially in Britain with the classic Mcrae and Brooks battle. The BX wasn't even useful for national championships.
    The problem the BX had was they used monocoque just as everyoen else realise moving to spaceframe was necessary to be competitive. Then GroupB got banned

oh and Citroen and Peugeot were ( and still are ) extremely secretive and competitive. Just because they're under the same organisation doesn't lead them to help each other
    Even the classic Audis fared better than the Citroen, at least they were powerful...

Regarding the PSA competition, I know, and since then Citroen has beaten Peugeot twice (Xsara v 306 and Xsara/C4 v 206/307), but at least they could have taken a 205 T16 and be inspired by them or something...
    Visca Catalunya!

Please, could you post any other bx 4tc at conservatoire citroen pics?

Quote Originally Posted by albert68 View Post
    Please, could you post any other bx 4tc at conservatoire citroen pics?
    Welcome Albert, a visit to the Conservatoire is on our "to do" list.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information