Thread: Help?

Help?

Well... things got a little crazy at my house last night. I'm still very dizzy and not thinking straight but should have things back together pretty soon. Note to all- Banker's and Bacardi are not good things .

Problem I have is that I locked the bedroom doors of my house before the party, and I can't get mine open again. There doesn't appear to be any unlocking mechanism and there's not a keyhole. The windows to the room are shut. I'm kinda desperate here I really want to get in there. Any ideas?

I don't understand, how did you lock the door in the first place if there is no keyhole or locking mechanism?
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Have you tried the old "card between the door and lock" trick?

failing that, just charge at it - most household locks are pretty weak.

or you could also try looking for the key
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

There's a lock, it's push button. The two other doors in the house had little holes that unlock them when you put a paper clip in. But mine seems to have nothing. Credit card won't work because the door closes against the trim. I could break it open but really don't want to- the doorframe is already cracked and I don't want to make it worse.

pics would help...
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Push-buttons are remarkably easy to break into.....

Get a more bendy card than a credit car - something like a laminated library card works just as well.

Seriously though? just a bit of a budge. the door trim isn't going to be damaged THAT much.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

K I got it... actually had to pry the trim up with a screwdriver to get under it but it worked out. Thanks guys. Now for the fact that I'm nauseous and feel like shit...

Button locks normally have a slot on the front that can be turned with a screwdriver or coin. At least, they do here. If it's a cheap one it may even just be able to be forced.. how good a grip can you get on the knob?

Chainsaw, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Button locks normally have a slot on the front that can be turned with a screwdriver or coin. At least, they do here. If it's a cheap one it may even just be able to be forced.. how good a grip can you get on the knob?
    I got it now... like I said the other two had releases like your talking about, but this one was like 30 years old and it didn't (or maybe I just couldn't find it drunk.) Anyway it's open now. And I'm feeling slightly less disoriented and a lot less nauseous.

Eventually I'll have to get down to business and mop the floors and spackle and paint the hole in the wall.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Actually the slots he's talking about are around the side on the narrow part. With a screwdriver, you can push it down into that and actually disassemble the doorknob :P

Glad you got in though.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Actually the slots he's talking about are around the side on the narrow part. With a screwdriver, you can push it down into that and actually disassemble the doorknob :P

Glad you got in though.
    No, I did mean in the front. Those slots are generally on the inside.

Thread Information