Thread: Need help with colour calibration

Need help with colour calibration

I really need help with this people, it's making it freaking impossible to process my photos properly, which is also doubly doubly freaking impossible because I'm still get my head around how the images come out of the new K10D. I cannot for the life of me get the colour calibration of my monitor right. I've got it set so that everything (outside of photo-editing programs) looks right, but that's not the sRGB setting on my monitor, it just looks wrong. So I'm stuck using the monitor profile in CS2, which is different to the sRGB profile all my photos use. If I use sRGB the colours go wrong (white turns to a light yellowy-browny colour). So I need help. I've tried manually adjusting the colours using the monitor's menu but I can't it right. Short of buying a proper hardware calibrator, is there any software or Windows or Photoshop utility that can help me get it right?
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 08-05-2007 at 06:31 AM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I've had decent result with using nVidia driver's calibration function....I dunnow what card you are using but if you are using nVidia you might give it a try...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I say just buy a hardware calibrator, I've been thinking about it myself, seems worth it, since you can use it over and over, and it makes it a breeze.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

With CS2 there is a small application installed on your computer called Adobe Gamma. You can find it in the settings screen of your computer. It works pretty well, especially with the higher-end normal monitors.

Adobe Gamma blows, plain and simple. I got it all fixed up. I think the colour profiles that LG supplied just sucked. Once I deleted them I could use the ATI Catalyst Control Centre controls and now it's fine.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I never really noticed anything bad about Adobe Gamma actually. What is so bad about it ?

Not enough scope for adjustment. Catalyst Control Centre has more controls with a wider range of adjustments. Plus it just annoyed me to use.
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information