Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pushing and shoving ok, NASCAR says

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I agree with you. It used to be really stock car racing when it first came out. In the beginning the whole point of NASCAR was that the car you saw racing was the same car that you saw in the showroom. Even then they modified the cars a lot. Now, the cars are basically steel tubing with huge V-8 engines, 1 passenger cars, no doors and no power windows with stickers to suggest that it has some resemblance to the road car. I'd like to buy one of those from my Ford dealership.

It truly is boring.
    There really aren't any professional race series where the cars are not race spec. And the cars were never stock, even from the first ever race.

I think people realize the difference between the race car and cars on the lot, they dont buy them because they are the same they buy them because of the name recognition from racing and their teams. People know the difference, they just get endeared to the brand. Without that no manufacture would be in racing. European, American, or Japanese. Its the same in nascar as in all other racing series.
    You can call me scott.

The racing itself should provide the entertainment, not chicken shit driver quarrels. How sportsman like is going up to the person who wrecked you or whatever and pushing and shoving them around? What kind of example does that set for kids that are aspiring racing drivers or even just kids watching NASCAR? Do you see these kind of actions encouraged in Europe? No.

If NASCAR has to rely on driver quarrels for entertainment, it shows you it's starting to go down hill.

Lets just hope none of them take after nopassn on FM2.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post
    There really aren't any professional race series where the cars are not race spec. And the cars were never stock, even from the first ever race.

I think people realize the difference between the race car and cars on the lot, they dont buy them because they are the same they buy them because of the name recognition from racing and their teams. People know the difference, they just get endeared to the brand. Without that no manufacture would be in racing. European, American, or Japanese. Its the same in nascar as in all other racing series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    The racing itself should provide the entertainment, not chicken shit driver quarrels. How sportsman like is going up to the person who wrecked you or whatever and pushing and shoving them around? What kind of example does that set for kids that are aspiring racing drivers or even just kids watching NASCAR? Do you see these kind of actions encouraged in Europe? No.

If NASCAR has to rely on driver quarrels for entertainment, it shows you it's starting to go down hill.
    Good points there.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Can you define "actually into cars". If most people on this site call themselves car guys and think they are into cars, they are lying to themselves.
    Considering the name of this site is 'ultimatecarpage' and it has information regarding cars, I'm going to have to guess that the people in this community are 'in to cars' :P

And it's not so much that the cars aren't exactly the same as the stock version, it's that they PRETEND that they are, with stickers. The name of the races is NA-Stock-CAR, and it's a lie.

F1 doesn't call itself stock car racing. World Rally doesn't call itself stock car, because they aren't.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

1- NASCAR's always had egos and tempers. The first televised Daytona 500 featured a last lap wreck and a fist fight.

2- NASCAR is just as much of a motorsport as F1, WRC, BTCC, DTM, whatever else you wanna throw in here. The drivers train just as hard, the engineers are just as smart. The cars are just "simpler." Which even that is arguable.

3- All the OMG NASCAR SUX BCUZ TEH CARS R FAEK stuff needs to stop. How many parts on the DTM Audi A4 could you find a part number in ETKA for? When was the last time you saw a RWD V8 TT?

4- NASCAR hating hasn't been cool since about 1999.

5- Professional racing sucks. Go to a local track and watch some SCCA/amateur stuff. Grassroots > big pocketbooks.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    5- Professional racing sucks. Go to a local track and watch some SCCA/amateur stuff. Grassroots > big pocketbooks.
    FIA GT3 is a good series for stuff like that.

I think there's not gonna be any punishment because someone's seen a way to get Montoya belted in the face.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Right.. What would you consider a 'sport', backgammon?
    Well, it COULD be, you cant really play Backgammon in an unsportsmanlike way. However NASCAR, with its deliberate spinning out, blocking, fist fights and the like is actually more like an over the top video game than it is a sport...

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    1- NASCAR's always had egos and tempers. The first televised Daytona 500 featured a last lap wreck and a fist fight.

2- NASCAR is just as much of a motorsport as F1, WRC, BTCC, DTM, whatever else you wanna throw in here. The drivers train just as hard, the engineers are just as smart. The cars are just "simpler." Which even that is arguable.

3- All the OMG NASCAR SUX BCUZ TEH CARS R FAEK stuff needs to stop. How many parts on the DTM Audi A4 could you find a part number in ETKA for? When was the last time you saw a RWD V8 TT?

4- NASCAR hating hasn't been cool since about 1999.

When people say "the cars are fake" they mean that they arent ACTUALLY CARS, theyre ****ing fiberglass molds on top of an engine...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    NASCAR is probably the most unsporting "sport" ever, next to basketball and football...
    Oh give me a god damn break.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

I think they should be at least giving out reprimands for things like this. OK, they like the action which is understandable, but they need to have things in place so the drivers know where to draw the line. Maybe they do already, but even pushing and shoving, grabbing each other by the jaw of the helmet, it wouldnt be tolerated on the street in public so NASCAR should say SOMETHING to negatively reinforce the behaviour.
    I am the Stig

Just in case anyone missed it:

YouTube - Montoya Harvick NASCAR Crash & Fight

I hadn't noticed that Harvick actually does half a donut and moves only to block Montoya's car. Also note the bump by No. 1 on the straight that makes Montoya skid into Harvick.
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    I think they should be at least giving out reprimands for things like this. OK, they like the action which is understandable, but they need to have things in place so the drivers know where to draw the line. Maybe they do already, but even pushing and shoving, grabbing each other by the jaw of the helmet, it wouldnt be tolerated on the street in public so NASCAR should say SOMETHING to negatively reinforce the behaviour.
    I agree, especially since it was during the race and on the track. You have to draw the line somewhere.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    Oh give me a god damn break.
    Deliberate spinning out, blocking, fist fights, NASCAR is a ****ing free for all in cars, its like having a bunch of wannabe "gangstas" racing in a circle. And basketball and football, you only have to look at the fights, shootings, DUIs, and various other crimes commited by players...

Thread Information