Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pushing and shoving ok, NASCAR says

[QUOTE=MadMax13;739935]Deliberate spinning out, blocking, fist fights, NASCAR is a ****ing free for all in cars, its like having a bunch of wannabe "gangstas" racing in a circle. QUOTE]

Uh.... at this point I'd recommend you see a REAL Nascar race. The only kind of "free-for-all" I've seen is in the movie Days of Thunder where Tom Cruise and arch-rival smash into others with reckless abandon.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Yes a real nascar race is much less exciting...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    When people say "the cars are fake" they mean that they arent ACTUALLY CARS, theyre ****ing fiberglass molds on top of an engine...
    Well then neither are LMPs or Formula cars.
    "That's the first time I've been unhappy to have a bird on my face."

-Jenson Button after having a bird hit him during a preseason practice

Quote Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
    Well then neither are LMPs or Formula cars.
    He means NASCAR cars being called stock cars.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    3- All the OMG NASCAR SUX BCUZ TEH CARS R FAEK stuff needs to stop. How many parts on the DTM Audi A4 could you find a part number in ETKA for? When was the last time you saw a RWD V8 TT?
    They should change the name to NANSCAR

North American Not Stock Car Auto Racing.

If WRC claimed to be stock cars, I'd be just as annoyed. They don't.
    4- NASCAR hating hasn't been cool since about 1999.
    Maybe people don't do it to be 'cool' :P
    Last edited by digitalcraft; 08-17-2007 at 12:47 PM.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    They should change the name to NANSCAR

North American Not Stock Car Auto Racing.

If WRC claimed to be stock cars, I'd be just as annoyed. They don't.
    They say production based

"Stock" is a class of oval racing.
    "That's the first time I've been unhappy to have a bird on my face."

-Jenson Button after having a bird hit him during a preseason practice

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    They say production based
    Which they are since the demise of GroupB.
    The orignal cars bodyshell is their and the suspension pickup points are the same.
    Then their's GroupN

"based" and "stock" are not the same thing
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Which they are since the demise of GroupB.
    The orignal cars bodyshell is their and the suspension pickup points are the same.
    Then their's GroupN

"based" and "stock" are not the same thing
    Yes but still WRC hardly share anything with their production counterparts...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    Deliberate spinning out, blocking, fist fights, NASCAR is a ****ing free for all in cars, its like having a bunch of wannabe "gangstas" racing in a circle. And basketball and football, you only have to look at the fights, shootings, DUIs, and various other crimes commited by players...
    Yeah, let's base terrible sportsmanship on two hot-headed men pushing each other once or twice (NASCAR), Ron Artest starting fights (NBA), and people like Pacman Jones and Michael Vick (American Football).

What you're saying is pretty much the same thing as me calling all Iraqis terrorists/murderers because Saddam Hussein lived there.

This stuff happens in all sports, from soccer/football, baseball, cricket, and all other forms of racing. It's unfair to classify and generalize something from a few 'bad apples'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Yes but still WRC hardly share anything with their production counterparts...
    and they NEVER claimed the cars as "stock" hence my comment about the difference with "based"
    GroupN shares 99%
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

and they NEVER claimed the cars as "stock" hence my comment about the difference with "based"
    GroupN shares 99%
    Yes you're right. I'd still prefer more a Group A, o perhaps a Group 4 approach, though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    This stuff happens in all sports, from soccer/football, baseball, cricket, and all other forms of racing. It's unfair to classify and generalize something from a few 'bad apples'.
    I think the sad part Rocke is that in the other sports the sanctioning body doesn't condone it and in this case PROMOTE it.

Oh wait WWF, WWE, WW whatever it's called now - FAKE sport

I think the sad part Rocke is that in the other sports the sanctioning body doesn't condone it and in this case PROMOTE it.

Oh wait WWF, WWE, WW whatever it's called now - FAKE sport
    I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing though. Yeah, it may be bad sportsmanship and a bad example to others, but let some angry guys prove who's got the bigger cojones.

Obviously, NASCAR's fanbase isn't the business-suit wearing, martini sipping entrepreneur. Most of the fans are just hard-working good-old-boys from the American south who take enjoyment in that type of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing though. Yeah, it may be bad sportsmanship and a bad example to others, but let some angry guys prove who's got the bigger cojones.
    I agree. What happened there is nothing compared to the average events at a rugby, australian rules football or ice hockey game, which by the way are transmited on free to air tv at family hours.

Yes, this is motorsports so no physical contact (between drivers) should be allowed, but it's not ballet either and arguments between men are natural in such a competitive sport.
    Zag when they Zig

Thread Information