Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I wrote it off :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    No No No! Don't get a firebird witha V6. That should be a sin. And can't be considered muscle either. Go for and LS1 'bird... you'll thank yourself later. And 7,900 seems alot to me.
    Its muscle compared to what I drove before. Besides, the bigger the engine gets the higher my insurance/gas costs go. I'm trying to stay somewhat down to earth. Getting a firebird in the first place is being a little unrealistic and over enthusiastic. What I should be doing is looking for a little civic, but I choose not to.

No No No! Don't get a firebird witha V6. That should be a sin. And can't be considered muscle either. Go for and LS1 'bird... you'll thank yourself later. And 7,900 seems alot to me.
    The man got a Jetta on its roof. Small steps!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Sorry to hear that man... we always get emotionally attached to our cars, and destroying them is certainly not a pleasant experience, especially in such a brutal manner. Glad to hear you are ok though, it could have been much worse.

I'm not sure about the Trans Am, I'm not a fan of the car, but if it's what you want, listen to yourself! Just don't drive it too fast
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    The man got a Jetta on its roof. Small steps!
    Good point. I receed the LS1 comment and recommend a volvo. Powered by the engine from a (old) VW Beetle. With extra airbags installed Safety first! Seriously though... I wouldn't consider a V6 firebird. Especially when you could find an LS1 powered one for that price. That's just my $.02 though.

Ok, screw the firebird! My cheque from the insurance company came today. It was for more than I had expected. Now I'm looking at what I would've in the first place, had I had the money. A 1999 Civic SiR with 158,000km is in my sights. Although that may sound like a lot, I hear from very many people that the Hondas will easily do triple that without any issues. What do you think?

You're gunna be a ricer, Rob...

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    You're gunna be a ricer, Rob...
    So be it; but I'm addicted to that burly sound that properly done vtec cars make when the cams flip in the 5Gs. High reving engines are fun. If I'm taking small steps though, perhaps I should get an Echo hatch.

Well a Civic isn't bad at all. That's a pretty high mileage though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Civic is the sensible thing to do. Yes, 158.000 Kms is a lot, but those engines can take it with ease, and if this one can't you have an excuse for a engine swap (tons of engines to chose from ). My sister just sold a 92 Hatchback with around 140.000 kms and the buyer, who owns a shop, told me it's still in optimal conditions.

Plus, what you save in fuel you can invest in parts to make it brake and turn so you can avoid the deer next time!
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    So be it; but I'm addicted to that burly sound that properly done vtec cars make when the cams flip in the 5Gs. High reving engines are fun. If I'm taking small steps though, perhaps I should get an Echo hatch.
    Ugh. I've honestly never seen a civic I liked. If you like the sound so be it... every morning I'm "treated" to the sound of one with a way too large muffler and a guy who thinks he's badass. To me it sounds like shit... more like a go kart than a proper vehicle.

Do your name justice and get a Porsche I've seen 911's under 10 grand.

Do your name justice and get a Porsche I've seen 911's under 10 grand.
    lmao. You made my night. I wonder how much I'd be into it for by the time it was road worthy.
    I'm looking at a bunch of vehicles tomorrow and they also include a 2002 RSX california car for $15,500.

Get a Bonneville.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Get a Bonneville.
    And lower it.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

As much as that sucks, at least you're alive. You can always use the insurance money to buy a car, buy a gun+license, hunt down that deer and shoot it.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    lmao. You made my night. I wonder how much I'd be into it for by the time it was road worthy.
    I'm looking at a bunch of vehicles tomorrow and they also include a 2002 RSX california car for $15,500.
    Forgot about your lousy canadian dollars Seriously- I have seen road worthy 911's for under 10. Perfect? certainly not. I'm sure you'd need to put some money into them. But they're a lot better than a civic

Thread Information