Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lion takes a leak

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    mmm C30. As long as it's an SE Sport in white and brown But I think they said it's got to be a 5dr it it's a hatchback...
    Then the Alfa no doubt. It might be a little thirsty but it's cheap, looks good, the interior is great and it has character.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

We're not fans of Alfa's, though we looked at 156's and 166's once. Dad and I played around in a 159 Wagon recently and were really dissapointed to be honest. I'm trying to persuade them to get a pre-registered Octavia vRS because it's basically a Golf GTI but with a much smaller price tag, but they keep coming back with 'it's a Skoda.' Grrrr!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Why disappointed? Anyway the 159 is not the one to look at, it's fine but it's way too heavy and it has the wrong engines.

The 147, GT and 166 are much, much better. If you can find them with V6's then they just become automotive heaven.

The Skoda is fine, in my opinion the best of the Golf GTI's, but I probably wouldn't go for it.
    Visca Catalunya!

Get an RX-8. Get oen a few months old and save that first £5K of depreciation I know where there's a beautiful black PZ ( the PRODRIVE version ) with only 4K miles on the clock. Going for £17-18 [ no, not mine ]
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

It just felt small and someone tacky inside and everything felt lose and horrible, we felt my 323 was more pleasing to sit in.
    And an RX-8 is a no no. I tried and won my Dad but then he saw running costs and he already finds the A6 to be a bugger so that went bye-bye too, and Mum doesn't like it either :'( The budgets more like £12/14k too. Maybe less, depends how much we sell our house for. We've got to buy our new one, the car, an extension and a new kitchen and furtinture plus other things.

Motion & Emotion

It just felt small and someone tacky inside and everything felt lose and horrible, we felt my 323 was more pleasing to sit in.
    And an RX-8 is a no no. I tried and won my Dad but then he saw running costs and he already finds the A6 to be a bugger so that went bye-bye too, and Mum doesn't like it either :'( The budgets more like £12/14k too. Maybe less, depends how much we sell our house for. We've got to buy our new one, the car, an extension and a new kitchen and furtinture plus other things.
    Well you can have a brand new 147 for under 15 grand. So I guess that still is one of your best bets, if you can overcome the badge aversion that is...
    Visca Catalunya!

Which is never gonna happen, my Dad is sooo soo tight and careful with his money. He'll die before he ever gets close to thinking about buying an Alfa

Motion & Emotion

Which is never gonna happen, my Dad is sooo soo tight and careful with his money. He'll die before he ever gets close to thinking about buying an Alfa
    Then buy a Toyota or something...
    Visca Catalunya!

And an RX-8 is a no no. I tried and won my Dad but then he saw running costs and he already finds the A6 to be a bugger so that went bye-bye too
    Seeing the mileage thread then the RX-8 is better than the A6 !!!! (shock!)
    Also, there's a load of shite talked about rotary costs.
    You don't need to add any more oil than any hot hatch !!
    and Mum doesn't like it either
    ha-ha, dad needs to get some trousers
    The budgets more like £12/14k too
    Can get very good 1 year to 18 months old for that, just not the Prodrive version !!
    But, aesthetics are all personal and the look isn't everyones ideal.

Given the other comments ... look forward to a Volvo then
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Seriously, My Mum is like Hitler. My Dad's got his car, he wants something for Mum that when it's not in use he can use to even out his cars milage until we swap that.

Motion & Emotion

Seriously, My Mum is like Hitler. My Dad's got his car, he wants something for Mum that when it's not in use he can use to even out his cars milage until we swap that.
    Then buy a Nissan Versa.

Very sensible and all...

Or perhaps a Panda 100HP, that'd be exciting and cheap.
    Visca Catalunya!

christ. get a subaru wagon or something then
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Mum likes the Legacy Wagon, but it's too big, seeing as we'll probably have an A6 Avant the next year and it needs to be fairly economical.

Ferrer, we don't get the Versa hear, and we've had bad experiences with Nissans, other than the 350Z. Panda 100HP eh? I was hoping for one for myself... Perhaps this could be the next best thing... Albert. You sir, ARE A GENIOUS!!!!

Motion & Emotion

Versa thing was just a joke. Don't even go near one...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Then buy a Nissan Versa.

Very sensible and all...

Or perhaps a Panda 100HP, that'd be exciting and cheap.
    and boring

Thread Information