Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity "Driver" crashes Supra

Celebrity "Driver" crashes Supra

Hulk Hogan's Son Totals Toyota Supra in Florida Crash
    (Hulk Hogan's Son Totals Toyota Supra in Florida Crash)

Date posted: 08-27-2007

CLEARWATER, Fla. — The seemingly endless parade of celebrities crashing cars this summer continued on Sunday when the teenage son of professional-wrestling icon Hulk Hogan totaled a Toyota Supra here while driving at a "high rate of speed," according to CNN.

Nick Bollea, Hogan's son, was released from a hospital, according to Bubba the Love Sponge, a Tampa, Florida, radio talk show host. In his blog on August 27, he wrote: "Wow. I just got back from the hospital....Myself and my attorney Kevin Haslett were the only ones allowed to be in the trama [sic] center with Hulk. I can tell you this, Nick left the hospital with me when we were leaving and is headed home to rest." He added, "The other boy John needs our prayers." Police said John J. Graziano, 22, a passenger in the car, is in critical condition at a hospital in St. Petersburg.

A CNN video shows an obviously worried Hulk Hogan talking to authorities and standing in front of the wrecked yellow Supra. Bollea apparently lost control of the vehicle, which hit a palm tree. Both occupants were taken by helicopter to St. Petersburg.

The semi-scripted daily life of the Hogan family has been chronicled in the VH1 reality show Hogan Knows Best. Nick Bollea is known as "Nick Hogan" on the show.

A Dodge spokesman denied media reports that Nick Hogan is a professional drifter for Dodge motorsports. "He is not a Dodge driver or a Mopar driver," Dodge spokesman Todd Goyer told Inside Line. "He did a test of a [Dodge] Viper for Hogan Knows Best, but that relationship ended two months ago."

-----------------------------

I don't mean to make light of this, but the 'Quail saw it a-comin. I watched Hogan Knows Best while the plot centered around Nick's ambitions to be a drift driver.

He got a ride in Dodge's Viper drift car, got his drift license, and crashed on his first "professional" run, breaking the suspension. Not of the disposition to give up, Nick asked for the car to be repaired. On his second run, he crashed, putting the car out of the competition, and maybe out of circulation.

The other night, that insipid "NOPI Tunervision" horseshit was on what used to be Speedvision. In between some hip-hop asshole clearly out of his depth trying describing a Ferrari 575 on a fifth-grade level and the bikini competition, Nick raced yet another Viper drift car, and crashed.

It was the same crash every time. Shallow drift, overcompensation at the wheel, and a slingshot towards the wall accompanied by full-lock understeer and panic-stabs at the brakes.

... squawk.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If he and the other dude in the car are seriously, hurt....i feel for them.

otherwise, lol.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i lol'ed

the kid already has 4 speeding tickets within one year of his license. maybe he'll stop jacking about being a spoilt brat now

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

One less pig-ugly and riced car on the road. Good!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i lol'ed

the kid already has 4 speeding tickets within one year of his license. maybe he'll stop jacking about being a spoilt brat now

HAHAHHAHA Nice photoshop.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    He got a ride in Dodge's Viper drift car, got his drift license, and crashed on his first "professional" run, breaking the suspension. Not of the disposition to give up, Nick asked for the car to be repaired. On his second run, he crashed, putting the car out of the competition, and maybe out of circulation.
    I thought it was WHILE trying to get his drifting license that he crashed twice. Same episode, he was having mega-whinges about how hard it was for him trying to learn to drift and bla bla bla, and Hogan had the balls to say if he works for it, he'll value it more. This was after Hogan called up the friend of his to organise the test in the first place. Earning my arse...

Quote Originally Posted by IB4R
    If he and the other dude in the car are seriously, hurt....i feel for them.

otherwise, lol.
    Ive heard Nick got away with a broken arm and some head injuries, whilst the passenger could have brain injuries and is still critical. Witnesses say the tool, err Nick, was racing a Viper before losing control. He's only 17 btw.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    I thought it was WHILE trying to get his drifting license that he crashed twice. Same episode, he was having mega-whinges about how hard it was for him trying to learn to drift and bla bla bla, and Hogan had the balls to say if he works for it, he'll value it more. This was after Hogan called up the friend of his to organise the test in the first place. Earning my arse...

Ive heard Nick got away with a broken arm and some head injuries, whilst the passenger could have brain injuries and is still critical. Witnesses say the tool, err Nick, was racing a Viper before losing control. He's only 17 btw.
    What are the consequences of such behaviour over there ? Jail sentence for little Nicky ?

Like everything it'll depend on his record and what legal representation he has. He could get done if the police can prove he was street racing or they put his passengers injuries down as his fault.
    I am the Stig

and a supra is a horrible drift car. damn kids these days.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Ouch. It's not really my thing, but I do recall reading something about Hulk Hogan's Supra a while ago. Quite something special, from what I could gather. I'm sure it was dark green, though.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    Horrible? I don't think I'd say that.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

In Wisconsin that would breat down to something like this.

#1. Exceeding zones & posted limits which has a $30-300
    #2. Reckless driving 1st violation $25-200 with a total of $375-in work zones = $627 with a possible 6 mo revocation
    #3. If he caused bodily harm to another = a fine of $25-200. If it was great bodily harm = $50-500 or imprisoned for not more than one year in the county jail.
    #4. Owners liability for failure to stop = $0-186
    #5. Racing on a highway = $20-400

Add them all together and thats some of what your expecting.

That the defendant was an experienced "racer" is not a defence to a charge of reckless driving. State v. Passarelli.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

wasn't Hogan's kid the same one who burned up his Lamborghini not too long ago? This guy's got a touch...
    ~Erik~

A case of too much car for the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    Too bad he wasn't drifting.

He was reportedly going 120Mph when he lost control. And apparently, this kid doesn't care.

I'd hate to show everyone his interview with Ride Magazine.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information