Thread: Wut shuld one get worth theyre money

Wut shuld one get worth theyre money

I was gonna werk this summer all summer full time landscaping, so id roughly have $4500 at the end, CANADIAN $$. I wanna get a car, wut kinda car shuld i get worth the $, but i want a good first car, soemthing i can tune minorly, small things a lil bit of body and help the engine go fast a bit thats all, anything that'll just look good.

I was thinking like a 1988-1992 Mustang GT or LX 5.0

1989-1991 Chevrolet Z-24 -- I always liked these dont know why, they kinda boot, the manual ones.

1991 Nissan 240SX --150hp, rear wheel drive for a cheap JAP car, not bad..

1988-1992 Pontiac Trans AM GTA --Big power like the 5.0 but no manual, I WANT MANUAL, unless I can add a manual tranny, but how much $ extra will that be?

Or like a 1989-1992 Honda CRX --Last resort........if nuthing else comes into mine

and im prolly going back 2 school for one semester n im going back to co-op and im gonna make $ again n landscaping n get roughly $3500-$4500, n thas all going into the cars visual and engine...

suggestions..??

i know we've had our differences, but i'd like to help.
    you have got some good uns up there already, i suggest these two to add though,
    VW GTI, any generation is probably under 5000 if you can find one.
    or maybe a Mazda Miata, good handler, looks neat too.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

I'd spend it on a MK1 Toyota MR2. You could get a very decent one for $4500.

Keep in mind you'll need loads more to insure a car, whatever you get. After about a year, I'm sure you'll have spent at least 50% more than you anticipate, for whatever reason. Cars are not cheap to own, unfortunately.

Maybe you'll read this if you decide to come back when your temporary ban expires.

if you keep saving, you can get a 1997 volvo 850 for about $10,000 in the states. i happen to have one, and it is FAST. it does a 0-60 in about 7 seconds. it doesnt sound fast, but that's because we're used to numbers made by saleens, ferraris, and lambos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    if you keep saving, you can get a 1997 volvo 850 for about $10,000 in the states. i happen to have one, and it is FAST. it does a 0-60 in about 7 seconds. it doesnt sound fast, but that's because we're used to numbers made by saleens, ferraris, and lambos.
    Actually if your going to spend 10K USD, you may as well get a (95-98)camaro Z28 or a mustang GT, which do 0-60 in about 6 seconds, and are extremely eaisy to tune, with minimum modifications and huge power gains.

If I were you i would stay away from any CRX, or caviler if your looking for perfomance without spending loads of cash. My suggestion would be get something RWD, and mke sure you stay away from the fart cans...

i think it all depends on if you want a car with some performance, one that's very practical, or a combination........cough, volvo

do you want to be able to tune it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    i think it all depends on if you want a car with some performance, one that's very practical, or a combination........cough, volvo

do you want to be able to tune it?
    What does the volvo have that the camaro or stang doesnt?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    What does the volvo have that the camaro or stang doesnt?
    complete lack of sex appeal?
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

hahaha well as that joke that was poseted in the jokes, as long as your hung like a horse you dont need a bmw! hahaha , the volvo is a strong sturdy car, very big and comfortable, as sweeny says, its fast. + ppl will get away from u when your driving. bloody volvo drivers, or is it just australia that labels volvo drivers bad?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

it's most likely true, if it means that they drive too fast, like me.

the volvo has comfort, reliability, and safety way over the heads of the camaro and the stang

you should take a look at a mazda miata. its rear wheel drive, its reliable, its a convertible, its pretty fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat
    you should take a look at a mazda miata. its rear wheel drive, its reliable, its a convertible, its pretty fun to drive.
    Great choice if your making that career move into hairdressing
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information