Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: McLaren gone for 2007 + 2008. [RUMOUR]

Quote Originally Posted by magracer View Post
    It think it was more of an economic decision... Kicking out the actual leader would harm the (little) competition there is in the championship, which would drive TV ratings down, which means less money for the FOM, which means less money for the teams... which would harm Ferrari again...

Now, how get's the 100 million? Bernie and his friends? is it divided among the teams? Ferrari as compensation?

It's money, always money that drives decisions in F1. I'm positive for example Honda (witout sponsors or option for the tittle), would have gotten the two year suspension.
    I think they're gambling most people won't realize Mclaren will win the drivers title with cheated cars....thinking Joe Fan doesn't give a rip as long as 'his driver wins'.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Even so the Ferraris would have had equal cars right?
    No, Ferrari did not have access to McLaren's know-how.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

itv.com/f1 - McLaren loses all constructors' points

ITV says all constructor's points gone but no effect on Hamilton and Alonso.

And yeah, if Ferrari stand to benefit from something, they'll ALWAYS get it.

No surprise, Ron Dennis has said he will contest it !
    Also $100M isn't really a lot when the small print is read. The fine will be reduced by the amount of money McLaren will lose in FOA payments for points total in the constructors championship -- might well end up a wash at the end of the day
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I was thinking they were going inject some emotion into the sport by making Hamilton race a bicycle or something.

Damn.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

If it wasn't for Kimi, F1 could kiss my shining a**.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    well, it will be Ferrari clone that will win the title
    Ferrari cannot make such a car man, it way way way past them- in a bad way- for ferrari
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

It's pretty obvious to me (and most likely a lot of us here) that the World Motorsport Council and the FIA are favouring Ferrari...as usual

There's no evidence that the spying resulted in developments on the McLaren cars similar to the Ferraris.

Hmmm 2006: Ferrari is caught with movable floor, given a 3 f**cking race window to fix it; later Ferrari caught with movable rear wing; MSC stops qualifying in Monaco. And not once was Ferrari penalized.
    Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 09-13-2007 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    It's pretty obvious to me (and most likely a lot of us here) that the World Motorsport Council and the FIA are favouring Ferrari...as usual

There's no evidence that the spying resulted in developments on the McLaren cars similar to the Ferraris.

Hmmm 2006: Ferrari is caught with movable floor, given a 3 f**cking race window to fix it; later Ferrari caught with movable rear wing; MSC stops qualifying in Monaco. And not once was Ferrari penalized.
    I think it's quite clear that Ferrari has everything going against them. When MSC stopped his car durring Monaco Qualifying he started from the back of the grid which in the end resulted in him losing the Championship. Mclaren was found guilty the first time round and walked away with a slap on the wrist. It is about time that Mclaren got something rather then praise for being the least sporting team in any sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    No surprise, Ron Dennis has said he will contest it !
    Also $100M isn't really a lot when the small print is read. The fine will be reduced by the amount of money McLaren will lose in FOA payments for points total in the constructors championship -- might well end up a wash at the end of the day
    Not a lot? I understand what you are saying but I speculate that this is the largest fine ever levied in sporting history - a tenth of a billion dollars!

I think we need to wait until tomorow when the court releases the information regarding how it came to the verdict that it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    I think it's quite clear that Ferrari has everything going against them. When MSC stopped his car durring Monaco Qualifying he started from the back of the grid which in the end resulted in him losing the Championship. Mclaren was found guilty the first time round and walked away with a slap on the wrist. It is about time that Mclaren got something rather then praise for being the least sporting team in any sport.
    You call being demoted on the grid a penalty? They're lucky the FIA didn't fine Ferrari, because they told him to stop so he could get pole.

RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    You call being demoted on the grid a penalty? They're lucky the FIA didn't fine Ferrari, because they told him to stop so he could get pole.
    Its debateable whether it was a team decision or a driver decision, i personally believe it was the latter although the team stood by Schumacher through the affair. Either way the telemetry showed it was a half-arsed effort at trying to block the road and slow down the likes of Alonso, Webber, Fisichella etc who were on faster laps than his.

I'm glad for now with how the decisions gone, as its only affecting McLaren and not the drivers, and only for this year. I dont know whether i'd put it down as some Ferrari bias like others though, but definately i think theres some anti-McLaren bias there. Where's Spykers penalty for possessing Toro Rosso designs?
    I am the Stig

I don't follow racing so a 100 million dollar fine seems very extreme. Is this common? Are the racing teams that rich?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Not a lot? I understand what you are saying but I speculate that this is the largest fine ever levied in sporting history - a tenth of a billion dollars!
    It IS the largest .... but against the sponsorhip funding, team income and company size, it's not that big ... especially as a MINIMUM there's about $25M reduction ( hard to find out what this years champsionship points payment will be )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information