Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Canadian dollar = US dollar

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    five years ago the Euro was 0.80 US$, now it is over 1.40$.
    in five years the AU$ went from US$ 0.48c to 0.87c (2001 > 2006)
    [euro used] and by Chavez and Ahmadinejad to pay for oil...
    and by China and Japan

"March 2007
    The Scotsman reported that China's state-run Zhuhai Zhenrong Corp, the biggest buyer of Iranian crude worldwide, began paying for its oil in euros late last year. Iranian officials have said for months that more than half the OPEC member's customers switched their payment currency away from the dollar as Tehran seeks to diversify its reserves, but news of the Zhenrong change is the first outside confirmation. Japan have also announced that they would be willing to switch to Yen from US Dollars. Iran's central banker announced in March 2007 that Iran had cut its holding of U.S.-dollar assets to around 20% of its foreign reserves in response to U.S. hostility.

July 2007
    Iran asked Japan to pay for its oil purchases in Japanese Yen.

September 2007
    Japan's Nippon Oil has agreed to buy Iranian oil using yen."

Further to your point (which many may have missed), from what I read the (so-called) rising euro-dollar has for much of this century remained remarkable stable per barrel of oil. However it is that 'glass castle' the US$ which has plummeted in value when measured against the true universal financial arbiter, which is hydrocarbons

http://www.republic-news.org/archive...an_adleman.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    At least that country is recognised ... now you have to also accept the Spanish and the Dutch assistance made it possible too
    How can you forget the Portuguese?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    America > Britain a la Revolutionary War.
    Like so many revolutionary wars, had the rebels had to face the full military might of their home country they would all have been massacred. If the full might of Britain was brought to bear against the colonies there would be a lot of dead patriots and the loyalists would have been in command. What I am saying was if the British treated the war as a necessity to win, they would have won almost certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Like so many revolutionary wars, had the rebels had to face the full military might of their home country they would all have been massacred. If the full might of Britain was brought to bear against the colonies there would be a lot of dead patriots and the loyalists would have been in command. What I am saying was if the British treated the war as a necessity to win, they would have won almost certainly.
    Blah blah blah

America = Victors.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    in five years the AU$ went from US$ 0.48c to 0.87c (2001 > 2006)

and by China and Japan

"March 2007
    The Scotsman reported that China's state-run Zhuhai Zhenrong Corp, the biggest buyer of Iranian crude worldwide, began paying for its oil in euros late last year. Iranian officials have said for months that more than half the OPEC member's customers switched their payment currency away from the dollar as Tehran seeks to diversify its reserves, but news of the Zhenrong change is the first outside confirmation. Japan have also announced that they would be willing to switch to Yen from US Dollars. Iran's central banker announced in March 2007 that Iran had cut its holding of U.S.-dollar assets to around 20% of its foreign reserves in response to U.S. hostility.

July 2007
    Iran asked Japan to pay for its oil purchases in Japanese Yen.

September 2007
    Japan's Nippon Oil has agreed to buy Iranian oil using yen."

Further to your point (which many may have missed), from what I read the (so-called) rising euro-dollar has for much of this century remained remarkable stable per barrel of oil. However it is that 'glass castle' the US$ which has plummeted in value when measured against the true universal financial arbiter, which is hydrocarbons

The Republic - Vancouver's Opinionated Newspaper
    I hope Australia can export its gas (and a little oil) for Aussie dollars and pay imports with US$....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I hope Australia can export its gas (and a little oil) for Aussie dollars and pay imports with US$....
    Henk I invite you and others to sample (at least some of) this highly informative audio interview with the author of the acclaimed book cited in my previous link, Petrodollar Warfare by William R Clark

Although extensive (48 minutes) I found it absolutely fascinating and commend it to anyone as well worth listening to

http://media.globalpublicmedia.com/R...006-0128-2.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Blah blah blah

America = Victors.
    At least we burned the damn Whitehouse in the War of 1812.

Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Henk I invite you and others to sample (at least some of) this highly informative audio interview with the author of the acclaimed book cited in my previous link, Petrodollar Warfare by William R Clark

Although extensive (48 minutes) I found it absolutely fascinating and commend it to anyone as well worth listening to

http://media.globalpublicmedia.com/R...006-0128-2.mp3
    I'll save the link for a rainy day, and won't play it in the office confinements...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    At least that country is recognised ... now you have to also accept the Spanish and the Dutch assistance made it possible too
    now now dont forget about those troublesome prussians
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

and the native americans... and mexicans! i dunno.
    The Datto will rage again...

What America??
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information