View Poll Results: Do you like Chris bangles Designs?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I like them, for the most part.

11 52.38%
  • No, I dont really like them.

4 19.05%
  • Love them!

4 19.05%
  • Hate them!

2 9.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Bangle

Chris Bangle

Do you like Bangles designs? Why? Why not? What is your favourite by him? Or least fav? I tried to post pics but it messed up.
    Here are the links (5 series) http://speed.supercars.net/IMG?viewP...o=Concept%20M5

(6 series) http://speed.supercars.net/IMG?viewP...%20Convertible

(7 series)
    http://speed.supercars.net/IMG?viewP...2&m=BMW&o=760i

(1) Yes I like them generally.
    (2) Cant stand them.
    (3) Dont mind them.
    (4) The worst designs.

had this thread before,well your new so you wasnt to know.....
    i used to hate his designs, like the 7 series, x5, but now im getting kind of used to them the new m5 looks good the baby x3 will be a good rival to the freelander, the new 6 series will be a contender for the xkr and the maserati spyder and the upcoming 1 series looks set to give the golf a good bashin!
    Last edited by UK CARS; 04-25-2004 at 10:56 AM.

Hahah sorry I guess I didnt see if it had been made before.

Personally, I love 'em! The only Bangle Beemer I don't really like is the 1-Series, although I'll most likely come to like it over time, and the Coupe version, the 2-Series, looks fantastic.

My favorite is the Z4, although I think the 6-Series is brilliant, as is the new 5-Series, especially the M5.

I saw a 7-Series gliding along on the way home from school the other day. It looks even better in the metal than it does in photos, (same as most other BMWs) and it's absolutely enormous! Very classy and stylish.

When (if) I get a light-blue metallic Z4, I'll be one happy guy
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

What about the Fiat Coupe, allegedly also design by CB.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    The baby x3 will be a good rival to the freelander,
    You are having a laugh?

The X3 is a 3 series, but with worse handling, and less interior space because it is an "off road" car, but it won't actually go off road. So what is the point?

Any off roading you do in an X3 will be limited to fields, and gravel driveways

At least the X3 isn't bulit by Landrover though, probably the only thing going for it.

And, yet again:

THE 7 SERIES, and to a lesser extent THE 6 SERIES AND Z4 EXTERIOR DESIGNS ARE BY ADRIAN VAN HOOYDONK

The 1 series is by Chris Chapman
    Thanks for all the fish

Are you sure im positive it was Bangle who did the 7.

I have nothing against the Bangle cars or the direction BMW is going in general. If nothing else they are making people stand up and look at them and talk about them as we can very well see. So I guess in short, I love em.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    You are having a laugh?

The X3 is a 3 series, but with worse handling, and less interior space because it is an "off road" car, but it won't actually go off road. So what is the point?

Any off roading you do in an X3 will be limited to fields, and gravel driveways

At least the X3 isn't bulit by Landrover though, probably the only thing going for it.

And, yet again:

THE 7 SERIES, and to a lesser extent THE 6 SERIES AND Z4 EXTERIOR DESIGNS ARE BY ADRIAN VAN HOOYDONK

yes the bmw x3 and x5 are rubbish off roaders, but they are sold as family cars on the road, freelanders hardly ever go off road, there not bought for off roading though they shouldnt be.....the defender is sold mainly to farmers for a off roading purpose i hope you know what i mean!

i love what bangle's doing, except for the 6 series. here in richmond 7 series seem to be everywhere, i see one just about every day.....

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    And, yet again:

No need to get quite so wound up about it laddie.

With Chris Bangle somewhere fairly high up in the design circles at BMW (I don't think he's Head of Design now, he's a Something-or-other Chief I think, but still is very influencial to the designs) the cars are created with his design 'ethos'. So although they're not all direct from the pen of Bangle, they are still designed under him, so I (and a lot of other people I think) still refer to them as Bangle designs. I think many people use Bangle's name to refer to BMW's new(ish) design direction, as it was him who started it all. Saves me the trouble of learning all these designer's names too
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by SilverG35SportC
    Van Hooydonk did the seven, which is now up for cosmetic changes to be shown in Paris in September.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ZerK
    No need to get quite so wound up about it laddie.
    Sorry It's just I have posted that fact 3/4 times now and everytime, in the same thread people carry on about how they think the 6/7 series is the best Bangle design

I know that If I were Hooydonk, I would get a bit sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverG35SportC
    Car Magazine#500
    "(Hooydonk) designed the 7-series almost single handed - he even refers to it as 'my car'. He also worked on the Z4, 6-series, and X3 soft-roader."

Car Design News, Feb 09 2004
    "A new yet familiar member of the team is Adrian van Hooydonk who will head the BMW automobile brand studio...The Dutch designer developed the exterior design of the current BMW 6 Series and 7 Series among other projects."

To get this back onto Bangle, here are some of his sketches for the X coupe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for all the fish

I think Bangle has some good designs, but the Bimmers he takes too far imo, but his designs are becoming better now. I just hope it isn't too late!

BMW Design architecture :

Director of BMW Group Design: Chris Bangle

Heads of design
    MINI: Gert Volker Hildebrand

Rolls Royce: Ian Cameron

BMW Motorrad (motorbike): David Robb

BMW M and Individual: Ulf Weidhase

BMW Automobile: Adrian van Hooydonk
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information