Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyline will have no manual Option

Somehow I have a feeling the new Honda NSX is going to be really fat and full of unnecessary stuff and it's only going to be offered in a DSG-type gearbox as well.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    The SLR was originally only offered with an automatic and it's still a fascinating, fast, and fun car...
    Imagine what it could make with a manual transmission then....

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    The SLR was originally only offered with an automatic and it's still a fascinating, fast, and fun car...
    The SLR was only offered in automatic...but the car was considered a sales FAILURE. This GT-R doesn't cost much though so it should fair better.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Yes, a Cosworth-tuned twin turbo VQ37 will be lame.
    Cosworth my ass! ,

I can produce more power off an inline 4 with the money that was spent on the skyline, no wait gt-r . But Fact remains that it is the same engine that was in the Infinity G37 with turbo lag, Enjoy!

No wait, there is more! Turns out we were all wrong, Engineers at nissan used black magic and wizadry to make the new engine bigger

The GT-R will have a VQ38 engine
    Last edited by kigango123; 10-01-2007 at 08:39 AM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

All the articles I have seen seem to suggest that the GT-R will have performance similar to that of a Porsche 997 Turbo for about half the price.

What in the world is wrong with that, exactly?

Gearboxes - The Ferrari Enzo & Bugatti Veyron were only offered with "automatics" as people suddenly seem to insist on naming them, yet that didn't stop the fanboys from spewing their inevitable fawning dross over them.

Engines - What is the problem if the engine is a derivative of another unit in production?

Other supercars with completely unique engines, with nothing in common with those used in other vehicles:
    Lamborghini Murcielago
    Bugatti Veyron?

Err..

Seems to me that people are slagging this car off simply for the sake of slagging it off.

[QUOTE=kigango123;751783]I think they just lifted everything from the Infinity G35 and put a nissan badge on it, engine, drivetrain even styling seems similar except for the stupid gearbox"

You have it backwards
    Nissan is the parent company
    Infinity is a rebadged Nissan
    the G35/G37 is sold as the Skyline in Japan. not the GTR skyline, but the Skyline name is a series of cars (coupes and sedans/saloons) and the GTR is the King of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiorano View Post
    the G35/G37 is sold as the Skyline in Japan. not the GTR skyline, but the Skyline name is a series of cars (coupes and sedans/saloons) and the GTR is the King of them all.
    isn't there supposed to be no connection this time?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    Cosworth my ass! ,

I can produce more power off an inline 4 with the money that was spent on the skyline, no wait gt-r . But Fact remains that it is the same engine that was in the Infinity G37 with turbo lag, Enjoy!

No wait, there is more! Turns out we were all wrong, Engineers at nissan used black magic and wizadry to make the new engine bigger

Uh... yeah, the GT-R was seen in/out of the Cosworth shop several years back.

Build/find me an Infiniti G35 with 480hp and then we'll talk. hater.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Cosworth my ass! ,

You are such an idiot.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    isn't there supposed to be no connection this time?
    Marketing wise yes, but the Skyline/GT-R/350Z and all them i believe are still on the same platform.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123

That was in the link you posted at the start of this thread. Its taken you this long to read it?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post

Fully agreeing with this post.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post

that's like asking for a 500 hp Z ,loads of them driving around,nothing special
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

with AWD though?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I just found out that the skyline is not going to have a manual option.

Rocket Punch Auto Blog: Nissan R35 GT-R is for people who can't drive...

Lame!
    Oh dear.

I wonder if the author still laments over the adoption of synchromesh gearboxes which did away with the much loved double clutching technique?

(R30) Skyline offered with synchromesh manual only, for people who can't drive!
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Trust me this car is an enzo beater, it has after all posted a 7.15minute time around the ring!!!!!!!!

So what if its a pig, it carries its close to 2000kg weight better than other proven super cars like Porsche and Ferrari. This new GTR is underrated (like the previous GTR) because of the Japanese's conservative power estimates and should have upwards of 650-750hp.

With its highly sophisticated ATTESA system and Cosworth developed engine this car would dominate all ;-).

Thread Information