Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyline will have no manual Option

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    FANBOY ALERT! FANBOY ALERT! RAISE AWARENESS LEVEL TO DEFCON 1!!!

My fellow UCP'ers; I am deeply saddened, although not suprised that yet another discussion on the UCP forums about Japanese cars has deteriorated into chaos, disrepute and worst of all, fanboyism.

I declare to you that we will not stand idly by and allow this appalling behavour to infect your hearts and minds, we will fight it. We have in past succeeded in our conflicts and struggles with various forms of this shocking threat.

Moderators have largely eliminated spam on these boards, and they are armed with powerful resources allowing them to deal efficiently with every possible situation, however this situation calls for an even higher degree of ownage. I therefore make the call and declare that we will unleash our elite special operations squads: Namely BoJ and the SM's.

May enemies cower in fear, may they stand corrected and may they present themselves as true car enthusiasts in future. My first weapon?

Good day, and God Bless UCP.

im definitely not a GTR fanboi...........gezzz guys a bit of sarcasm here and there doesn't hurt, does it?

Skylines and GTR legend has been borne out of hype, fantasy and misinformation. Ever wondered how a 300hp GTR with a relatively heavy body managed a sub 8 minute time?.................I bet you Porsche is still wondering the same thing, after all these years. A stock Skylines GTR once tested by a euro mag only proved to be an 8.28 car.

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    Skylines and GTR legend has been borne out of hype, fantasy and misinformation.
    I'd think the 50 years of racing probably helped the legend a bit.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I'd think the 50 years of racing probably helped the legend a bit.
    Please enlighten us on this world renowned racing heritage? Has it dominated Lemans or any other major European and or American racing events (with world class competitors) or has it thrived only in the smaller and less competitive Japanese and Australian GT races?

besides the petty quarrels with fanboys ,

I just found out that the 2008 Z officially dubbed the "Z-34" is going to share the same engine base with the gt-r.

2008 Nissan 350Z to use same V6 as GT-R
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    I just found out that the 2008 Z officially dubbed the "Z-34" is going to share the same engine base with the gt-r.
    So?

The 911 shares an engine base with a Boxster.
    The F430 shares an engine base with the Maserati QP, GT and Alfa Romeo 8C
    The Pagani Zonda shares an engine base with a 1995 Mercedes SL
    The Aston Martin V8 Vantage shares an engine base with a Range Rover
    The Aston Martin DBS shares an engine base with a 1996 Ford Mondeo
    The Corvette Z06 shares and engine base with a TrailBlazer
    Ad infinitum.

Component sharing across ranges - Fact of life.

Please enlighten us on this world renowned racing heritage? Has it dominated Lemans or any other major European and or American racing events (with world class competitors) or has it thrived only in the smaller and less competitive Japanese and Australian GT races?
    So Holden does not have a racing heritage either?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Sigh.... here we go...

It's won Japanese Touring Car races, Bathurst, a 3rd at the Nuerburgring in 2005, a win at Macau, a win at Pikes Peak.

But don't let that stop you
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    So?

The 911 shares an engine base with a Boxster.
    The F430 shares an engine base with the Maserati QP, GT and Alfa Romeo 8C
    The Pagani Zonda shares an engine base with a 1995 Mercedes SL
    The Aston Martin V8 Vantage shares an engine base with a Range Rover
    The Aston Martin DBS shares an engine base with a 1996 Ford Mondeo
    The Corvette Z06 shares and engine base with a TrailBlazer
    Ad infinitum.

Component sharing across ranges - Fact of life.
    I'm just saying, there is no ingenuity in that.

plus it's transmission sucks
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

I'm just saying, there is no ingenuity in that.
    What are you expecting?

Show me a car on sale today that has no components shared with anything else.

The engine "base" is of no importance - Brabham's 1500hp F1 engine started off in a meek and uninteresting 75hp 1.5-litre saloon car. I don't think Nelson Piquet and Riccardo Patrese were complaining about that.

It is not a Pagani Zonda rival; a hand-crafted, highly-specified supercar delivered at a rate of 10 per year, it is a mainstream, high-volume sports car to be sold at a similar price to something like a BMW 5 series and expected to turn a profit.

To expect anything particularly ingenious is just naive.

You do yourself a great disservice by continuing with this absurd campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Sigh.... here we go...

It's won Japanese Touring Car races, Bathurst, a 3rd at the Nuerburgring in 2005, a win at Macau, a win at Pikes Peak.

3 wins and some Japanese touring car wins in...50...years...

Sorry but when you put it like that it's rather unimpressive

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Sigh.... here we go...

That's not impressive enough.

plus it's transmission sucks
    Nissans flagship model always prided itself on the technology involved.
    For it only to be offered with this transmission is no surprise. and honestly, it wont make the car worse.

EDIT:
    For good measure.

Lastly...

Last edited by whiteballz; 10-11-2007 at 05:06 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    That's not impressive enough.
    The Skyline GT-R is the son of Jesus.

No? Well, it was used by the United States of America to destroy those god-damn red Commies during the 60's.

That enough?

SKYLINE WINS
    -Skyline competes against the Porsche 904. The Porsche wins, the GT-B becomes second in an exciting race. Not bad for a car that had never done any kind of racing before. Even better, considering that the Porsche was a pure race car, whereas the 2000 GT-B derived from the Skyline S50 series, a family sedan, and had four doors...

- From 69-72 Skyline racked up 50 overall wins
    -1986 the Group A championship is won by the Skyline
    -AUS:1991-1992 GT-R wins Mt Panorama
    -1998 Macau Grand Prix Guia touring car race
    -UK: Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32)two consecutive championship wins in the National Saloon Car Cup
    JGTC-The Skyline's dominance in Japanese Group A racing went so far that a new race series called JGTC was inaugurated in 1993, because nobody wanted to compete against Godzilla anymore. With cars like the Ferrari F40 during the early days and currently the Lamborghini Diablo, Dodge Viper, McLaren F1, Mosler MT900, Honda NSX, Toyota Supra, Porsche GT2 and several others, the JGTC in fact offers an unprecedented variety of manufacturers and can be considered the best national GT-series of the world today.Skyline has been always up to the task, and with five drivers- and four constructors-titles throughout the last nine years, it still is by far the most successful car the JGTC has ever seen.
    R33 - seven championships during the six years of its career(JGTC)
    -Pikes Peak International Hillclimb x 4 in different classes(93,96,98,99)
    -Le Mans: 5th in its GT1 class, being beaten only by the more developed McLaren F1 GTRs- 10th the following year.
    -Fastest 4WD over a 1/4 mile with a 7.57@ 305.96 km/h at the Willowbank Dragway in Australia
    Its still has a bit of history the old skyline. All this info has been copied from other websites so info might not be entirely right. correct me if im wrong
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

2008 Nissan 350Z to use same V6 as GT-R
    So.... build and develop me an engine and then we'll talk.

Thread Information