Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Radiohead Album

New Radiohead Album

Radiohead are set to release a new album next week (October 10) and they're letting you choose how much to pay for it.

As previously reported, 'In Rainbows' will be available as a download from www.Radiohead..com but crucially fans can choose how much they want to pay for the record when they pre-order it. Which is pretty new for the music industry.

Alternatively the discbox will arrive on shelves on december 3rd. But as this album was expected to reach the number 1 spot on release, selling the album independantly through their own website means that there won't be a music industry inspection to how much they are selling.

Yet again radiohead set to bend the concept of the modern music industry, let's hope this sort of thing catches on!

I'll probably pay about £5 for the album, although technically you could just donate £0.01 and recieve the full album download! I've been waiting for this album for a long long time. I've had thousands of fans contacting the radiohead myspace page (which I run volountarily) demanding info about album for well over a year now.

Can't wait for this. Any other radiohead fans out there?

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm a Radiohead fan, I am not a die hard though like you, I didn't know when their next album was going to come out, now I'm excited.

very very exciting....now i just have to decide if i want to splurge and get the disk box or not

get the download, then buy the disc box when it comes out you dont have to hardly pay anything for the download!

As soon as I read the thread title, I knew it'd be you posting this. I am also a huge Radiohead fan, Kid A is one of my all time favourite albums. Judging from what I've heard of new songs at their live shows, and from what I've been told this could be one of their best albums. Kid A quality, perhaps?

I can't wait, especially for that massive boxed set.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Yeah, their pre-record gigs gave a nice insight into what the album will sound like, and thom yorke compared writing and recording this album to that of OK Computer..

Also, since I run the myspace page I got 2 invites to their private party for the release of the album. Friends only Can't wait! Just need to get a date for it. I'm praying its not while I'm on holiday..

No. Just no.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Might get the box set when it comes out. From what I've heard it should be good.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

i love radiohead. can't wait for this one to come up. i remember being a little bit anxious about the future of the band after yorke's solo career
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    No. Just no.
    No what?

I think my disinterest/distaste in all things Radiohead is out there on the public record.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

yeah, whats with talented bands these days?

alright so there is one song from the album on the radio right now and i'm listening to it; very interesting mix of early genre and recent motives. more or less the same as before, nothing new, but high quality
    12 cylinders or walk!

Do Radiohead even have a Myspace page?

If they have, I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini View Post
    Do Radiohead even have a Myspace page?

If they have, I can't find it.
    they don't have a commerical myspace page anymore, they tried it for the release of 'hail to the thief' but decided against it after a few months. Their guitar technician contacted me through my w.a.s.t.e account (radiohead.com) and requested that I turn my fan-based Jonny Greenwood myspace page (radiohead guitarist) into an official page for the band. So I am now in contact with the band a few times each month. Telling me what to put onto the site and which tracks to play etc. Keeping it low-key for fans who happen to find it The page has been recently updated with the news of the upcoming album. The link is:

MySpace.com - Jonny Greenwood - Oxford, UK - Industrial / Alternative / Experimental - www.myspace.com/johnnygreenwood

Thread Information