Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Australian citizenship test, Should you be deported lol

I think personally immigration should be based on merit, enthusiasm and what you bring to the table.

if you are an honest, hardworker, welcome aboard.

Just don't steal our Dole money. thats for bludgers who were born here
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I'd agree, but that would mean actually sitting down with people, having interviews etc and that means manpower the government is unwilling to expend. Its alot easier to come up with some stupid test to look good to the public, and employ 2-3 people to supervise the 20 odd people that might sit the test at any one time.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I think personally immigration should be based on merit, enthusiasm and what you bring to the table.

if you are an honest, hardworker, welcome aboard.

Deportation... Free flights back to Holland! Awesome, holiday here I come!

I got 6 outta 10. Do I get to leave now?

And Kiwi's in Bondi and Brissy.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    Deportation... Free flights back to Holland! Awesome, holiday here I come!

I got 6 outta 10. Do I get to leave now?
    if only we were that lucky.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I've said it before....remind me to rip out his heart next time i see him.

and show it to him still beating indiana jones styles?

Im SOOOO there for that!
    The Datto will rage again...

I've said it before....remind me to rip out his heart next time i see him.
    would like to borrow my equipment? i mean the surgical crowbar is meant for other uses but hey, it doesn't come with an instruction manual...
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 10-07-2007 at 07:04 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Well my dear wife finally gained her Oz citizenship, after wading through a long and torturous process that the govt has repeatedly altered and extended by years from the original agreement offered to her

So there we found ourselves last month, attending her citizenship ceremony among about 50 other successful candidates (including a HRH btw) at our local town hall where they'd kindly made the effort to make it special, with an elderly choir singing cute Oz-esque songs and lots of wattle sprigs etc. Very nice to see

Unfortunately as it happened this was the very same event that Kevin Bloody Andrews our Minister for Immigration (and related fascism) had selected to formally announce his govt's new, more restrictive immigration laws - including that completely stupid quiz featured in this thread

Naturally our Kevin considered himself the most important component of the day, and his 45 minute delay in attendance brought no excuse, apology, or indeed mention from him when he eventually fronted up, sweeping through with his bevy of minders and TV cameras etc. Personally I was a tad miffed to find that a politician of any persuasion would hijack and barstardise what should have been a very intimate event and turn it into a cheap party-political circus

I confess to definately NOT being a fan of Kevin Bloody Andrews, who's previous Ministerial portfolio of Industrial Relations enacted truly draconian and restrictive workplace laws that have been much criticized herabouts

Anyway this prick began his spiel which amounted to a lecture from on-high about citizenship obligations (variously including vital awareness of some individual's cricket score ) and touting the benefits this country offers, including Freedom of Association .. which really got my dander up considering K-Bloody-A in his previous portfolio has (incredibly & outrageously) made it illegal in this country for two unionists to even discuss their salary via electronic means - eg over the phone or e-mail!

So much for HIS concept of Freedom of Association and likewise to his cohorts in his cadre of 'Liberal' party closet-fascists

This is just one example within his speech's far-reaching diatribe of demands and strictures, as typical in the denial of freedoms by this current regime. A similarly appaled mutual friend who was also there gaining his citizenship, refused during his presentation to shake Andrews' hand (how's that for freedom of association! ) and you should have seen Andrews' gobsmacked expression. In similar vein, when the Minister requested everyone present stand and recite or reaffirm their Oath of Citizenship, I could not in good concience comply, and my reward for remaining seated was to earn a healthily dark glare from our Minister of hypocracy

This mob needs arseholing and a change of Govt cannot come soon enough imo

WTF is the "Oath of Citizenship"?

+eleventy billion for destroying Knobend Andrews.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

ugh, i hate politicians.

surgical crowbar is about to get a use.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i should just have an hourly fee for that thing.

Kevin Andrews sucks at life.

Amanda (it's A MAN, Duh?!) Vanstone Sucked at life.

I think i'm seeing a pattern.......

Congrats misses Nota. Welcome aboard this crazy island we call home, Now if she doesn't use bloody oath somewhere in the next 24 hours i'll be unhappy.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information