Thread: Ford Selling Jaguar and Land Rover Brands Within Two Months.

Ford Selling Jaguar and Land Rover Brands Within Two Months.

Ford is exploring the sale of the two luxury units and continues to talk to potential suitors. The automaker is also reviewing options for its Swedish Volvo brand.

Potential bidders include buyout firms One Equity Partners, Ripplewood, Terra Firma and TPG, as well as Indian carmaker Tata Motors, sources have said earlier.

Land Rover expects to be profitable this year, but Ford has struggled to make money with Jaguar. The brand remains the biggest drag on the results of Ford's luxury division.

Ford does not break out financial results of individual brands.

The businesses were given a combined value of $1.3 billion to $1.5 billion ($NZ1.75-2bn) in March by Merrill Lynch analysts.

Asked if the two brands could be sold to two bidders, the newspaper quoted Fleming as saying: "No, not really. They are both very integrated and it would be difficult to sell them separately."

Fleming said Ford was still in the process of a strategic review of what it should do with Swedish brand Volvo.

"Volvo is a fundamental partner in the development of safety and environmental technology. It would be very dangerous to hand it over to a competitor," he said.

Sources: http://investing.reuters.co.uk/news/...STMENTS-DC.XML

Ford happy with interest in Jaguar and Land Rover - 17 Oct 2007 - Motoring News - New Zealand Herald
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

If I had a dollar for every time I heard this rumor I could probably buy a Range Rover.

lol ^

so true
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I'm just hoping for a return of the XJ12. Surely the Aston V12 will be a great fit, especially given it's essentially based on Ford engines anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    If I had a dollar for every time I heard this rumor I could probably buy a Range Rover.
    where/when have u heard thses rumours before?
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    where/when have u heard thses rumours before?
    This site, Yahoo News, the auto shows, the concourses, etc. If Ford really wants to sell Jaguar they should do it quitely because these rumors are going to make it difficult to sell the new XF.

...well i guess those are not rumours now then
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Other common rumors in the automotive world are gms about to go bust (again) and we are close to running out of fuel (again) ETC ETC dont take them serious untill it happens.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Thread Information