Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: nissan gt-r officially released...

nissan gt-r officially released...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6067

well there you go nissan guys...your dream has finally come true. personally, i think 70,000 is a little steep for a nissan but whatever floats your boat ehh?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    personally, i think 70,000 is a little steep for a nissan but whatever floats your boat ehh?
    I agree $70,000 is steep for a Nissan, but for the performance it's rather cheap.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Motor Trend says that the GT-R is lapping the Nordschleife in 7:35. That's massively fast! (Z06 - 7:42, Porsche 911 Turbo - 7:40, McLaren/Mercedes SLR - 7:40, Pagani Zonda F 7:34) If so, the GT-R is gonna beat the Z06 at its own game. And the design... it's progressively growing on me.

Note- this isn't the "official" release from Nissan, just an information leak by magazines.

The official unveiling in Tokyo is about 6 days away. I have the countdown widget on my desktop.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Some of its carbon fibre lustre is gone, but it is still Ok.plus beating a porshe by 7 seconds in a german track is also pretty nice
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

that's crazy fast...is it the tranmission?
    i wonder if it is solenoid selected gears (hence the paddles.) or full on crazy clutches and planetary gear nonsense. it is not CVT is it?

70,000 for a 3.5 0-60 is worth it in my opinion

Sounds like great bang for the buck. Now will anyone accept it as a Z06/911 Turbo/ F430 slayer?

I hate to say it, but personally if the claims are correct than this phenomenal machine will replace the Z06 in my book hands down. I don't see too many negative things at first glance and from the claims (I guess there really never are any though). I love the styling, although I did like the eyeshadow underneath the headlights. I love the numbers. I love the 3.8L V6TT. If the car produces it will give me a new respect for the Japanese sports car. (I will not be a fanboy). Great value in my opinion and I'm willing to bet others will see this car as a Z06/911 Turbo/F430 slayer as well, some may blow it out of proportion though. See the S7TT vs. R34 thread for explanation. Great car, great price, great deal.

Yeah, that really looks good. The unveiling of the GT-R should tell Acura not to screw up the next NSX.

i wont call it a z06 slayer untill it gets fully tested and everything. The z06 is already the f430/911 turbo slayer.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

I love how they say it should match the 911 Turbo in speed because it has simmilar horsepower. But forget to mention the weight of the car...

The z06 is already the f430/911 turbo slayer.
    In what 0-60 times? No
    Top Speed? If so, barely
    Lap times? really depends on the track
    Comfort? Hell no
    Quality? surely not
    Looks? Sorry not that either

Price? Well you'd better friggin hope so.

and ftr the Z06 is one of my favourites.
    Last edited by The_Canuck; 10-18-2007 at 06:32 PM.

in AUTOWEEK the designer said it has been lapping at 7:55 7:56 region, but 7:44 is in its potential...
    um perhaps not all has beeen revealed?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    I love how they say it should match the 911 Turbo in speed because it has simmilar horsepower. But forget to mention the weight of the car...

In what 0-60 times? No
    Top Speed? If so, barely
    Lap times? really depends on the track
    Comfort? Hell no
    Quality? surely not
    Looks? Sorry not that either

Price? Well you'd better friggin hope so.

and ftr the Z06 is one of my favourites.
    Will you give the GTR at least SOME credit? Comfort, hell no??? You drove it already?... Quality, surely not??? Nissan is big time unreliable all of a sudden? Lap times depend on the track?? It kicked ass at Nurburgring, which can prove handling on twists and accel on the long straights that it has...

The only thing that I could agree with you is 0-60 times... If 480hp gets the car from 0 to 60 in 3.5 secs then it must weight at least less than 3000 pounds... and I have a hard time believing that.

Quote Originally Posted by dsimp View Post
    Motor Trend says that the GT-R is lapping the Nordschleife in 7:35. That's massively fast! (Z06 - 7:42, Porsche 911 Turbo - 7:40, McLaren/Mercedes SLR - 7:40, Pagani Zonda F 7:34) If so, the GT-R is gonna beat the Z06 at its own game. And the design... it's progressively growing on me.
    That was the prototype. The production version could be very different.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information