Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F1 in Race Scandal

So this is what you mean by treating all drivers the same way. If it wasn't Hamilton, he would get a much harder penalty:

Hamilton escapes penalty, fined 15,000 euro
    19 October 2007

Lewis Hamilton's team was fined 15,000 euro for using two sets of wet tyres in Friday's first free practice sessions. The race stewards in Brazil came to this decision after a meeting with Hamilton on Friday evening.

With the 15,000 euro penalty the young Briton escaped a serious penalty as the race stewards might as well hand out a grid penalty for not obeying the rules. In that case his championship title would be in danger. But it turned out as a rather light penalty for Hamilton.

After having discussed what happened with all three drivers involved (Hamilton, Button, Sato) the stewards decided the teams will have to give back the extra set of wet weather tyres they used and to pay a 15,000 euro penalty.

And thus the fans will keep an exciting end of the season with three drivers fighting for pole position, a race win and the 2007 Formula 1 championship title.

Formula One news: Hamilton escapes penalty, fined 15,000 euro - GPUpdate.net Formula One

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Or should Mosley have gone straight to Alonso and ask him: What is it that your boss is telling me that you are going to tell me?
    Yes!

If you have evidence of a crime, and you say as much to the police, do you expect them to sit there, twiddling their thumbs until it walks through the door?

What would have happened if Alonso had decided to keep quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    If it wasn't Hamilton, he would get a much harder penalty:
    Takuma Sato and Jensen Button aren't Hamilton?

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Yes!

If you have evidence of a crime, and you say as much to the police, do you expect them to sit there, twiddling their thumbs until it walks through the door?

What would have happened if Alonso had decided to keep quiet?
    actually, my point was more that Alonso was blackmailing his boss, to become the number one driver and he should somehow be punished for that....I was not advocating a FIA punishment because of his knowledge of the documents...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Takuma Sato and Jensen Button aren't Hamilton?
    I wonder if they wouldn't be more penalized if Hamilton hadn't done the same thing..

actually, my point was more that Alonso was blackmailing his boss, to become the number one driver and he should somehow be punished for that....I was not advocating a FIA punishment because of his knowledge of the documents...
    From the WMSC transcripts, Ron Dennis:

I recounted the entire conversation to Max. I was upset and angry, but mainly upset. Max calmed me down. He said that I should do nothing. I started to calm down. Then, prior to the race, Fernando’s manager came and said that he had lost his temper and completely retracted everything he said. When I phoned Max, Max was understanding and said things to me that are irrelevant here, though I would be more than comfortable sharing them. He was completely understanding and said that, on the basis of what I told him, if he felt there was any real validity in what Fernando had said, he would contact me prior to taking any action.

Gross incompetence.

There was the possibility of damning evidence - indeed that is what it turned out to be - but in Mosley decided, alone, that it was nothing.

If Alonso had not passed the information to Ecclestone, it would have been Mosley himself, who would have been responsible for letting McLaren get away with the biggest cheating scandal, according to his later comments, that the sport has ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    I wonder if they wouldn't be more penalized if Hamilton hadn't done the same thing..
    According to ITV's Martin Brundle, the regulation regarding use of a single set of wet tyres during a practice session was suspended earlier this year, due to a tyre supply issue.

I suspect, in this instance, the re-introduction of this regulation was missed or forgotten by the three teams.

Why should the driver's be penalised? It is not their responsibility to check that they are obeying every regulation that exists. The offence took place in a practice session, and any possible advantage could be eliminated by simply replacing the used set of tyres; there was no advantage gained by any of those drivers.

Meanwhile Ferrari either received a communication from the Japanese stewards and wilfully ignored it, or they have no facility to communicate with the race stewards, which is grossly incompetent and possibly dangerous, given the role that the race stewards play.

From the WMSC transcripts, Ron Dennis:

I recounted the entire conversation to Max. I was upset and angry, but mainly upset. Max calmed me down. He said that I should do nothing. I started to calm down. Then, prior to the race, Fernando’s manager came and said that he had lost his temper and completely retracted everything he said. When I phoned Max, Max was understanding and said things to me that are irrelevant here, though I would be more than comfortable sharing them. He was completely understanding and said that, on the basis of what I told him, if he felt there was any real validity in what Fernando had said, he would contact me prior to taking any action.

Gross incompetence.

There was the possibility of damning evidence - indeed that is what it turned out to be - but in Mosley decided, alone, that it was nothing.

If Alonso had not passed the information to Ecclestone, it would have been Mosley himself, who would have been responsible for letting McLaren get away with the biggest cheating scandal, according to his later comments, that the sport has ever seen.

According to ITV's Martin Brundle, the regulation regarding use of a single set of wet tyres during a practice session was suspended earlier this year, due to a tyre supply issue.

I suspect, in this instance, the re-introduction of this regulation was missed or forgotten by the three teams.

Why should the driver's be penalised? It is not their responsibility to check that they are obeying every regulation that exists. The offence took place in a practice session, and any possible advantage could be eliminated by simply replacing the used set of tyres; there was no advantage gained by any of those drivers.

Meanwhile Ferrari either received a communication from the Japanese stewards and wilfully ignored it, or they have no facility to communicate with the race stewards, which is grossly incompetent and possibly dangerous, given the role that the race stewards play.
    Again, I am not talking about Mosley. That's irrelevant. What I mean is that when you approach your boss the way Alonso did, blackmailing him to make him the first driver, he should be punished, not necessarily by FIA, but in general terms.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I think I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a scandal for the race tomorrow.

Don't be surprised if Felipe Massa 'accidentally' takes Lewis Hamilton out of the race.

Again, I am not talking about Mosley. That's irrelevant.
    No it isn't. He has a job to do, he didn't do it.

What I mean is that when you approach your boss the way Alonso did, blackmailing him to make him the first driver, he should be punished, not necessarily by FIA, but in general terms.
    Maybe he could have been punished by the FIA, but Mosley offered protection to the drivers so that they would come forward with "new" evidence, rather than Mosley having to admit that the "evidence" he had dismissed was, in actual fact, quite important.

Alonso has been "punished" for his behaviour - McLaren's major sponsors no longer wish to be associated with him, and he will not be a McLaren driver.

No it isn't. He has a job to do, he didn't do it.

Maybe he could have been punished by the FIA, but Mosley offered protection to the drivers so that they would come forward with "new" evidence, rather than Mosley having to admit that the "evidence" he had dismissed was, in actual fact, quite important.

Alonso has been "punished" for his behaviour - McLaren's major sponsors no longer wish to be associated with him, and he will not be a McLaren driver.
    It was between Dennis and Alonso.....Mosley got involved later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I think I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a scandal for the race tomorrow.

Don't be surprised if Felipe Massa 'accidentally' takes Lewis Hamilton out of the race.
    Massa said he would do anything to help Raikko

Next time I'm caught speeding, I'll use that argument just to see if they let me go..

Now this is a scandal!!!:

No investigation for Hamilton
    Stewards not interested in blocking claims

Stewards at the Brazilian Grand Prix are not investigating Lewis Hamilton for allegedly holding up Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen during qualifying on Saturday.

Ferrari complained to the FIA representatives after the session at Interlagos, claiming that Hamilton's out lap - and run into turn four - potentially cost the flying Raikkonen four-tenths and a shot at the pole.

Tellingly an official protest was not lodged however, and stewards on Saturday afternoon were not looking further into the matter.

Hamilton apologised to Raikkonen after the incident as he faced a barrage of hostile questions from the international media.

"I apologise if I got in his way, but I didn't think he was that close to me," said the Briton, adding that if he had not exited the pits at that moment, he would have held up his team-mate Fernando Alonso who was queuing behind him for service.
    Cliquez ici...

"I was told I would be coming out close to Kimi," he acknowledged. "I stayed where I was and braked. I didn't feel I hindered his lap, and I did get out of the way."

Raikkonen characteristically brushed aside the issue, but admitted that Hamilton could have let him past "in a slightly more easier way".

"But it is what it is now, so it doesn't change anything," the Finn added.
    To anyone who understands portuguese here's a nice story: OJOGO ONLINE

Basically, he tells LH would be a good champion because he's black. But it would be better if he was Jewish... or Muslim... Uncle Bernie is becoming a little senile...

Thread Information