Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forza 2: online racing MOAR CONFUZING PREAZE

I usually just pick a car I like driving. UberRado, Porsche 993 GT2, F355 Challenge. One of those is usually good enough to win. Or at least be competitive.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I usually find that the fastest cars happen to be the most fun. Oh, and my least favorite car in the hole game is definetly the Shelby mustang, 500 hp of complete garbage.
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 10-21-2007 at 09:20 PM.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

yeah, the faster cars always are more hilarious to me, like the speed 12 lmao
    i dislike using the race cars though.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

There are ways of cheating online. Turn 10 had a big problem with the Lotus, it was in a lower class than its specs allotted it, and there are apparently map glitches where you can move through barriers.
    Ive found the best cars to race with are the classics, mainly because most people get out and drive them like they drive the newer ones, and crash, while i storm on by...

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    my gamertag is obscure and hard to guess! It's... digitalcraft :P

I'm pretty skeptical about that CRX though, he was way behind everyone for most of a lap, then takes one corner at way over what was possible and flies by everyone from a sharp corner going insanely fast.

So far my favorite car I have is my Mitsubishi GTO. It goes pretty fast and can take corners like crazy. I really want to get a good Exige setup, but so far they just don't have the speed required for most tracks. Sure you can catch up in the corners, but those straights just kill you.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Thats where you have to get them, in the corners. Brake later, get on the gas sooner, corner harder and youll open a considerable gap between yourself and second place...

But between yourself and 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st? His car wasn't fast. He was very slow on the straights, and every other corner before that he was still behind everyone. Seriously hard to describe just in text but it looked like he turned on the warp speed.

Oh that's another question, if people join, do they get inserted into the race a certain place? I've seen several times where a person would be so far behind everyone that they're off the map, than nearly instantly blip into being between two cars. Maybe this is just caused from lag and their X-box not updating their position correctly?
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

A. I was on about how to beat faster cars in slower cars, pertaining to your Exige problem. As far as the CRX, he was most likely cheating, some guys will select a U class car and run behind the entire pack until the start finish straight when theyll either gun it and blow by everyone, noobs, or theyll gradually get on the gas and cruise by, crafty bastards...

B. It wont add people to a race if the race has already started, you have to wait till that race is finished. Im not sure about the warping, i haven encountered this problem before.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    my gamertag is obscure and hard to guess! It's... digitalcraft :P

I'm pretty skeptical about that CRX though, he was way behind everyone for most of a lap, then takes one corner at way over what was possible and flies by everyone from a sharp corner going insanely fast.

So far my favorite car I have is my Mitsubishi GTO. It goes pretty fast and can take corners like crazy. I really want to get a good Exige setup, but so far they just don't have the speed required for most tracks. Sure you can catch up in the corners, but those straights just kill you.
    Another good one is a AWD swapped RSX...sucker is bad
    1987 Pontiac GTA Trans Am (Parked-Project car)
    Orange/Cloth
    Future ideas:
    LS1/LT1 or Twin Screw S/C L98 TPI
    True duels/side pipes

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 (DD)
    Black/Black and Grey Leather

Yeah, on some courses, like Laguna Seca, the exige does pretty good. My first online race was with an exige and I got second. Courses like sunset or Sebring having higher speed out of the corner just doesn't seem to outweigh such a low overall top speed for the car. You see people usually use musclecars on those races.

Maybe today I'll try a better balance of power compared to weight and traction upgrades on a lotus and see if I can't get a higher overall balance. I think the big problem is I'm just not putting enough into power increase.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Thread Information