Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: She has nads and is Large Blue/Green and Ummm Not moving..

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    I havent read this thread though until today.... but is there another brendon on here other than me?

and the car is great, i hope you do lots of great burnouts and powerslides.
    Thank you.. Just wait till i bust a cap in the donk and get LSD it's going to be a healthy V8 killer one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Yes, MotorSportNerd is also afflicted with that name.

The car, It looks nice. But I'd be sticking a Holden Badge on the front - It doesn't look right without one.

Your Wheels, I also approve.
    Thank you
    You really don't like the badge less bonnet How about the chrome strip in the front bar missing any good?.. At the moment holden don't have stock of them as they are looking for a new supplier I'm told.

Yes surprisingly them wheels match the car very well..

Here is a VT Berlina with Chrome strip front bar and Fog lights (Which i wont to get one day)
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thank you.. Just wait till i bust a cap in the donk and get LSD it's going to be a healthy V8 killer one day.
    Slicks Ive found you the motor of your dreams
    comeracing.com

From the comeracing website
    Ecotec V6 4.2 litre Blower engine

The Ecotec Holden V6 has come a long way. With our development of a full range of performance parts for these engines there are new limits to their capabilities. The engine shown above started as one of our off the shelf outright crate motors to suit boost applications. This engine is sold as a long motor outright for $10,500.00 fully dyno run in, in normally aspirated form ready to receive whichever form of boost setup you prefer, blower or turbo. This particular customer supplied us with a very large (too large) Vortec blower and full kit including intercooler, blow off valve, injectors, fuel pressure regulator, pulleys etc. to complete the blower installation. Unfortunately the regulator was faulty, the lower pulley did not fit the stock balancer and we had to do major fabrications, the top blower pulley was way too small for an engine this size and a new $400.00 version was needed. There were many other small items needing to be done and other pieces fabricated to make this a viable installation. Buyers need to keep these factors in mind when buying a $10,000.00 plus blower kit that is supposed to be a "simple" bolt on. Using the latest Kalmaker Mafless boost software and fitted with our newly developed Twin Throttle Body Ecotec intake manifold plenum this little "midget" engine displacing 256ci (just under 4.3 litres) made 505 BHP @ 5750 rpm and 424 ft.lbs torque @ 4500 rpm Maximum boost at 5750 rpm was 14.5 psi
    The size of this blower being clearly too large was evident in boost lag below 3500 rpm. In fact we saw 3-4 psi @ 2750 fully loaded at which point the engine made 291 ft.lbs torque. By 4000 rpm the boost was rushing in at 8-10 psi and 415 ft.lbs was registering. At the peak rpm of 5750 peak torque of 461 ft.lbs hit home. Now considering the size of this little engine, pump fuel being used and VERY, VERY conservative tuning this power/torque is pretty astonishing when one looks at the low rpm range.

We still feel a smaller blower would have worked better to maximise overall results and reduce the lag that most people associate with turbos. Trust me the blowers if too big are no different. Nevertheless considering the results you could easily shove this little monster into a typical VS Commodore with a set of 3.9:1 diff gears, slicks, optimised exhaust system and say a boost friendly torque converter with about 2800 rpm stall speed and easily run high 10 second 1/4 mile times. Then just drive it home and achieve great fuel economy. The latest "self learn" feature of the Kalmaker software optimises the fuel curve almost itself in no boost cruising situations off the normal dual O2 sensor imputs and keeps the engine clean and efficient at part throttle.

Engine specs: COME 4.2 litre stroker crank (nodular iron) 3.700" stroke, custom length "H" beam 4340 steel rods, Wiseco forged 8.2:1 compression forged pistons, fully ported Ecotec cast iron factory cylinder heads which flow over 350 bhp through intake ports, COME CSBR-523 hydraulic roller camshaft, Speed Pro lifters, COME Conical valve springs and chrome moly retainers, single row timing set retaining balance shaft for street smoothness, blueprinted production oil pump, fully prepared block with line honed main tunnels, bored and torque plate honed to +.030" oversize, deck surfaces machined and equalised with "O" ring grooves cut and "O" ring wire fitted, Ridgecrest custom made copper head gaskets fitted. Production rocker arms and pushrods retained. They are very strong pieces and everyone throws them out...how stupid can you be? Use them they are tough pieces. Only the pushrods need replacement if you are going to really "turn" the engine very hard. New COME Twin Throttle Body intake plenum fitted on port matched stock Ecotec intake runner base. Stock PCV breather system eliminated to prevent interraction with boost application. Will need external breather setup via rocker covers to catch can or more elaborate breather system.

SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Slicks Ive found you the motor of your dreams
    comeracing.com
    You know the way to a slick's heart.. Win i win keno I'm getting that it's a LS2's worst nightmare..

It is amazing at how now the ecotec is starting to open up as it's moving on, Only because there are no mods for the Alloytec's yet well no mods like this other then Supercharger turbo..
    there's a guy on Ebay not far away selling a performence package, $1300 Cam throttle body chip timing chain new lifters and some other stuff i forgot, They claim with exstracters and exhuast 149rwkw.. I'll have that bloody good start. I'm already thinking of getting some Yella terra roller rockers, But i have herd that if you go over 1.9.1 you can't get a aftermarket cam as it crates to much lift and will cause damage?.
    Last edited by SlickHolden; 10-27-2007 at 09:01 AM.

it's looking good slick... i suppose we'll all see it for the next phillip island trip
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thanks mate, Hopefully it should be on the road at least at latest jan 08..
    Hopefully by Phillip Island you will all have a close up view.

very nice car man. love how even after being cut up and rebuilt the hood and quarters match up and the spaces are even.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMan22 View Post
    very nice car man. love how even after being cut up and rebuilt the hood and quarters match up and the spaces are even.
    Thanks mate, Yes they done a mighty job on it, Only issue i seen was that bumper on the corner as it meets the guard, It slightly sticks out, Must admit it's got to be a holden fault as i have seen almost all with this little bit that just sticks out and doesn't sit right, But yes the rest is perfect in line "Maybe better in line then holden did"

If you didn't know this vehicle's history i have a feeling you'd be none the wiser as to it's accident past.

It's looking real sweet I wasn't sure if it was the right path (I've heard bad things about Repairing Written-off cars). I hope it's reliable and durable
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Yes looks like it's come from the factory almost new..

So far it's been running great, Went out and had a drive to holden and the Airbag guys had a blast it's very smooth and quite, It does intrude into the cabin the large pot holes and bumps but that shocks you because it's so quite in the cabin when it happens you shit yourself..
    Even the Auto is nice and smooth another good sign i got the rebuilt one for the VP and this is pretty much the same only upgraded and with electronic controlling and it's a bloody good shifter i haven't had reason to bag it until i floored it and it took 1.4 sec to drop to 1st, The VP instant it might be the power button the book says it changed the shift patterns it's sharper more sporty better for towing etc, And the important bits work brakes steering is smooth suspension is already lowered so it's stiffer but again works better then the VP's before and after lowering, It's just a better car all round as good as the VP was over the VB this is double over the VP, But the VP beats the VT in Sound But at least in this car if your infront you will be able to here your own car and not the VP.

Got the fingers crossed all goes well and it will be cherry ripe for TGWPE3.. I'd rather pay money to do it up rather then fix it up like the VP, Most money spent on that was to fix old age.

What does TGWPE3 ???

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    Yes looks like it's come from the factory almost new..

So far it's been running great, Went out and had a drive to holden and the Airbag guys had a blast it's very smooth and quite, It does intrude into the cabin the large pot holes and bumps but that shocks you because it's so quite in the cabin when it happens you shit yourself..
    Even the Auto is nice and smooth another good sign i got the rebuilt one for the VP and this is pretty much the same only upgraded and with electronic controlling and it's a bloody good shifter i haven't had reason to bag it until i floored it and it took 1.4 sec to drop to 1st, The VP instant it might be the power button the book says it changed the shift patterns it's sharper more sporty better for towing etc, And the important bits work brakes steering is smooth suspension is already lowered so it's stiffer but again works better then the VP's before and after lowering, It's just a better car all round as good as the VP was over the VB this is double over the VP, But the VP beats the VT in Sound But at least in this car if your infront you will be able to here your own car and not the VP.

Got the fingers crossed all goes well and it will be cherry ripe for TGWPE3.. I'd rather pay money to do it up rather then fix it up like the VP, Most money spent on that was to fix old age.
    good ot hear it's all working slick, can't wait for a ride
    Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    What does TGWPE3 ???
    the melbourne meet
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Whens the Melbourne meet ???, Not late November ??

We are planning doing Island Magic in 2008, its usually on late November.

There all different classes Clutch, you could bring the Porka for the UCP cup *

* May need nephews car for added TURBO POWA to keep up with it

Nah - we go to Phillip Island Classic Usually - Sometime in March.

It was so much awesome last time.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    good ot hear it's all working slick, can't wait for a ride
    You will have to do the boot test for me but i promise i wont drive with you in the boot, Unless you ask me to.
    I'm pretty pumped up i just want to get it out and drive it more, I got to watch the fuel as it seems to be running a little high on econemy so when that fuel sender is fixed i might change them bloody oxygen sensors they are crap on holdens, The VP had 1 this bugger has 2

At least i hope this Melbourne meet anyone in the car with me wont sweat with no A/C, But the VP has A/C 4 power modes each window.
    Last edited by SlickHolden; 10-30-2007 at 06:43 AM.

haha sure thing mate
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Nah - we go to Phillip Island Classic Usually - Sometime in March.

It was so much awesome last time.
    wasn't quite as awesome as the first time...but that's to be expected when you bring noobs along.

Thread Information