Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultima quicker than a Koenigsegg?

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    ..........Even compared to extreme cars such as the CCX/Enzo/C-GT/Zonda, the Ultima is much cruder, and less comfortable. ..................it might not be able to clear a speedbump on the settings used. Set it up for the road, use a standard engine configuration, and let Stigy take it around!
    The Ultima GTR720 tested is a full road going car with compliant suspension and often used as a daily driver. All the vehicles produced by Ultima Sports Ltd have the usual road luxuries such as air conditioning, ICE, leather trim, sealed luggage carrying compartments and of course road car levels of ground clearance suitable for speed humps and other road obstacles.

Seen one ?
    It's a much less bleak interior than most Ferrari's

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    All the vehicles produced by Ultima Sports Ltd have the usual road luxuries such as... ICE,
    Are they saying it comes with an engine? or does ICE stand for something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Are they saying it comes with an engine? or does ICE stand for something else?
    In Car Entertainment
    The engine is already in as an orderable item
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

So the Ultima tops the charts - and deservedly so. It is a bargain supercar and deserves top spot. Now the only twp questions are - what will the 800 hp version do and what will the Caparo T1 do?

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    How tall is a speedbump?? Ultima can tackle anything up to 5 inches...
    This isn't even their fast version; wait for the 800bhp version to tackle the track. That's the problem with topgear nowadays, they do all this stupid crap, rather than trying out the best cars. Ultima = legendary
    The 800Bhp version is going to be insane. I can't imagine even the Stig being able to lap a good time while trying to control it.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    The 800Bhp version is going to be insane. I can't imagine even the Stig being able to lap a good time while trying to control it.
    Control of the 720bhp doesn't seem too much trouble, so I doubt that 10% more power is suddenly make it un-drivable.

The 800bhp 'monster' is just an LS7 engine. I saw the Can-Am version at the Stoneleigh Kit Car show last May.
    I was talking with my friend about how it would easily beat its own record with an engine like that, if only they would put it in the GTR version. One of the guys on the stand overheard me and came along to say it had already been put in motion.
    I could have stood and watched that car spin round and round all day...
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

(from Ultima Press Release)

British supercar manufacturers Ultima Sports Ltd have this week celebrated their 15th year anniversary in style by obliterating the Top Gear TV Lap Record by over four and a half seconds in their standard production Ultima GTR720 road car, which was a record previously held by the Swedish Koenigsegg CXX.

Driven by Ultima’s own Stig, the standard production 200 + mph Ultima GTR720 equipped with fully e-marked road tyres which was driven to the test venue, recorded a blistering fully verified lap time of 1min12.8secs, demolishing the previous record held by the £415,000 Koenigsegg CXX of 1min17.6secs. The record attempt was organized by Ultima Sports Ltd themselves in conjunction with Plans Motorsport after apparently being overlooked by the producers at Top Gear TV over the last couple of years despite repeated approaches.

Richard Marlow, Director of Ultima Sports Ltd commented,
    "It came as no surprise to any of us here at the factory that on our very first hot lap in the Ultima GTR the Top Gear TV Lap Record was well and truly beaten leaving all other supercars in it’s wake which accurately demonstrates the all round performance envelope of the Ultima GTR. I always knew that the GTR could take the crown with ease by a simply huge margin, the fully verified lap time data shows that in a head to head race with the £450,000 Ferrari Enzo the Ultima GTR would lap it every 12 laps! What we have achieved over the last few years with this and all of our previous officially verified world record runs is a clean sweep of the majority of recognized performance parameters in existence all held at the same time. We have collated more independently verified evidence demonstrating the world leading performance statistics of our standard road car than any other car manufacturer in history. It’s truly a fantastic feeling which we are all extremely proud of here at Ultima Sports, and what’s more these were achieved with just our GTR720 model, we have recently announced a more powerful and faster GTR800 variant for those whom want even more.

It is typical of our company tradition to have set the fastest lap time in history with a relatively affordable supercar which retails in stock form for around one tenth the price of the majority of the supercar competition, and is yet another accomplishment for the automotive history books which perfectly conveys our company philosophy of producing useable, exciting Le Mans inspired GT road cars with unbeatable road presence and giant killing performance. This aptly illustrates the rationale behind the global success of Ultima Sports Ltd since the company was formed in 1992"

Ted Marlow, Managing Director of Ultima Sports Ltd commented,
    "We were forced into having to achieve this Top Gear TV track record independently as despite repeated approaches by ourselves, customers and worldwide Ultima fans to Top Gear TV with a view to having the Ultima GTR720 timed around the Top Gear track and road test, no invites were forthcoming.

This was a superb opportunity for us to validate the superb road holding, aerodynamic ability and handling finesse of our British product, as this is one of the few tracks in existence that have verified lap times publicly available for most of the major worldwide supercars in production today, and we are delighted to have an Ultima currently leading such a prestigious performance league table. I was frankly exasperated from watching on the TV all types of supercars from around the world setting hot laps with the Stig at the wheel, and decided that the time had come for a British built supercar to have a crack at the record as I was always confident that our standard product could comfortably take the crown. We have frankly destroyed the existing lap record which proves yet again that the Ultima GTR is in a league of its own"

The event was conducted in conjunction with Plans Motorsport whom were present at the test to oversee and witness the successful road car lap record attempt, their own GPS Race Technology DL1 data logging equipment was fitted to the car for a full set of independently verified lap time data.
    The Ultima GTR720 tested is a full road going car with compliant suspension and often used as a daily driver. All the vehicles produced by Ultima Sports Ltd have the usual road luxuries such as air conditioning, ICE, leather trim, sealed luggage carrying compartments and of course road car levels of ground clearance suitable for speed humps and other road obstacles. The Ultima GTR720 is equipped with a standard 5 speed Porsche G50-03 transmission and a standard production option 720bhp engine from the OE engine suppliers American Speed (www.amerspeed.com).

TOP GEAR TV LAP RECORD TIMES TOP TEN

1. Ultima GTR - 1 min 12.8 secs

2. Koenigsegg CXX (with Top Gear spoiler) - 1 min 17.6 secs

3. Pagani Zonda F - 1 min 18.4 secs

4. Maserati MC12 - 1 min 18.9 secs

5. Ferrari Enzo - 1 min 19.0 secs

6. Ariel Atom - 1 min 19.5 secs

7. Porsche Carrera GT - 1 min 19.8 secs

8. Koenigsegg CXX (without Top Gear spoiler) - 1 min 20.4 secs

9. Ascari KZ1 - 1 min 20.7 secs

10. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren - 1 min 20.9 secs

PERFORMANCE FIGURES FOR ULTIMA GTR720

0-60mph - 2.6secs

0-100mph - 5.3secs

30-70mph - 1.8secs

0-100mph-0 - 9.4secs

100mph-0 - 3.6secs

Standing ¼ mile - 9.9secs @143mph

Top Speed - 231mph (gearing limited)

Skidpad (200ft) - 1.176g

NOTE: Performance figures independently verified by official Guinness book of world records timekeepers Datron Technology using GPS timing gear during successful official road car world record runs on road tyres.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

The Ultima Factory, posting on PistonHeads, say:

The driver that we employed for the lap of the circuit used by top gear had never sat in an Ultima before.
    He completed just two laps to warm the car up and then on his very first standing start lap recorded a time 2.5 seconds under the old lap record of 17.6 seconds.
    The driver though never having driven an Ultima before had a lot of experience of the Dunsford Park Track.
    Need I say more?

Ben Collins, anyone???

Thread Information