Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four V8 Supercars involed in road accident in Bahrain

Four V8 Supercars involed in road accident in Bahrain

Four V8 Supercars involed in road accident in Bahrain
    Source: HERE

There was massive drama a day before racing even started in Bahrain when four V8 Supercars were damaged after the truck transporting them was involved in an accident.

A flat top truck carrying the Commodores of Holden Racing Team's Mark Skaife and Todd Kelly as well as the Falcons of Ford Performance Racing's Mark Winterbottom and Steven Richards, was forced to brake heavily, causing the cars to shift and make contact with each other.

Two of the cars slipped off the back with the cars of Skaife and Winterbottom suffering the most damage.

"This isn't the way you want to start a weekend, repairing a car, especially after my team has worked its bum off getting it ready after Indy," said Skaife, who crashed in the final race of the Gold Coast round two Sundays ago.

"I suppose these things happen with the different logistics required (for a flyaway round). From all accounts, the damage isn't too bad so Team Red will be ready when the green flag drops."

The incident happened at about 9am local time when the carrier was forced to come to a sudden stop on the Shaikh Khalifa Bin Salman Highway - the main stretch of road from Bahrain International Airport to the Bahrain International Circuit.

Another vehicle had pulled out in front of the carrier, causing the accident which caused major traffic delays in the area.

Winterbottom's car suffered substantial panel damage, but he too was expected to line up for Thursday's opening practice session at the Desert 400.

Winterbottom has had a terrible run of luck, crashing out when he led Bathurst before being stripped of his pole position at Surfers Paradise after the team was found guilty of a technical breach.

"We said it couldn't get worse and then we get shunted before it started," a frustrated Winterbottom said.

"What can you do? We didn't even get in the car so you can't even blame anyone.

"We'll fix it and it'll be ok. It's just hard for the guys because they have to go back to work before we even start."

Here are some pics...
    Last edited by fordman6; 11-12-2007 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Good spot on my grammar ScionDriver! ;)
    Are you a fan of V8 Supercars? Then you should join V8 SuperChat! - www.v8superchat.co.nr

Are you a fan of the FG Falcon? Then the FG Falcon Forum is for you! - www.fgfalconforum.co.nr

Here are pictures. Pictures is plural.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Here are pictures. Pictures is plural.
    superb on-topic contribution

They should thank God for that they drive touring cars, and not open-wheel formulas. Otherwise, I think they could suffer muuuch more.

Oh no!! :'( All those beautiful cars! What a shame..
    Mercedes-Benz fanatic

After reading the title, I actually thought they drove these beasts on the road and crashed.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    superb on-topic contribution
    I strongly support grammatical and literary corrections, so yes, good on him.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    They should thank God for that they drive touring cars, and not open-wheel formulas. Otherwise, I think they could suffer muuuch more.
    Not necessarily. An advantage of open-wheelers is that things will just break off, then you can just bolt new bits on, rather than in this case where panels need beating and/or replacing, chassis rails get bent etc.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Cant have been thaaaaat bad, Frosty was fastest in prac 1. And won race 1...
    Last edited by Daz27; 11-02-2007 at 03:56 PM.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Well all I can say is, the 2nd and 3rd races were awesome. And Craig Lowndes has never driven better, 30th to 5th in the 2nd race was awesome to watch. He must have been laughing like a lunatic at some points watching everyone spin off around him. Congrats also to Frosty too for taking out the round. Only 29 points between the top 4 drivers with 2 rounds to go. That is brilliant. Go Lowndes!
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27 View Post
    Well all I can say is, the 2nd and 3rd races were awesome. And Craig Lowndes has never driven better, 30th to 5th in the 2nd race was awesome to watch. He must have been laughing like a lunatic at some points watching everyone spin off around him. Congrats also to Frosty too for taking out the round. Only 29 points between the top 4 drivers with 2 rounds to go. That is brilliant. Go Lowndes!
    Agreed!
    Are you a fan of V8 Supercars? Then you should join V8 SuperChat! - www.v8superchat.co.nr

Are you a fan of the FG Falcon? Then the FG Falcon Forum is for you! - www.fgfalconforum.co.nr

Unfortunately Lowndes wasnt driving like that for the first few rounds of the season, when Whincup easily had his measure and the Walkinshaw VE's were walking all over everyone.
    I am the Stig

Gee whiz, its just as well he's driving so well now then hey? Only 20 points behind Tander and all?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

I think he's got to thank HSVDT's brakes more than anything.
    I am the Stig

yeah that was unbelievable when Tander and Kelly spun each other.

What happened between Todd Kelly and Paul Morris, I was watching last night but dozing(sucks to be old) and missed the start of it just heard that Toddels was furious with Morris??.

Did winterbottom use his good sets of tyres for race 1 & 2 as he didnt seem to have the car speed in race 3 ?, his car was an exocet missle in race 1 & 2 though
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Thread Information