Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And the most expensive car in the world is...

And the most expensive car in the world is...

schuppan 962 yeees!!!!!!??wtf? never heared of it! it costs 2 000 000$ and isnt much a super car... does any1 know which car is the most expensive? i dont belive that this car is...
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is the most expensive car in the world as far as I know;
    Forbes website released this story:

"The world's most expensive car is up for sale. And whether or not you think it's worth the estimated $10 million asking price, it's no doubt exceedingly rare, beautiful and--like many follies in automotive history--a triumph of hubris over reason.
    This Bugatti Type 41 Royale was the brainchild of Ettore Bugatti--and also a hugely expensive misstep in the history of his firm. In the 1920s, Bugatti was expecting to get a contract from the French military to build 16-cylinder aircraft engines. The contract never materialized, but Bugatti felt he could use half that engine, a straight eight, to form one of the most amazing luxury cars in history.

The Type 41 Royale engine had massive displacement: 12.7 liters, or over 700 cubic inches, roughly twice the size of most of the largest production V-8s that would be built by Detroit four decades later. This is still the largest engine of any car to be sold privately.

Equally massive was the 15-foot wheelbase which, when bodied, stood about five feet tall at the hood alone. The car was incredibly imposing, whether in limousine or coupe form. Unfortunately, however, nobody could afford them--production began right at the start of the Great Depression. "
    Source:
    http://www.forbes.com/2001/11/05/1105vow.html
    Last edited by kinan.f; 05-27-2003 at 06:36 AM.

yes i know that this bugatti costs 10m$ but i meant the "new car" or maybe not an oldtimer... i read somewhere once that a ferrari from 1955 (dont know which one) was sold for 22m$

but from today cars, which is the most expensive?

I think we have to talk delivery ex-works here. Taxes and import duties add to the price and are different for each country.

Prototypes...

I believe that Prototypes go for waaay more than the actual cars. I read about one 1969 Ferrari (dunno which one srry!) that went for almost 50 mil.!!!!!

Re: Prototypes...

Originally posted by FERRARI~KING
    I believe that Prototypes go for waaay more than the actual cars. I read about one 1969 Ferrari (dunno which one srry!) that went for almost 50 mil.!!!!!
    erm

the type royal is infact the most expensive ever sold

but current cars,

it would have to be the clk-gtr
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

p/s: I Love the Murcielago!!!

the type 41 royale was asked for 8.3million - and one japanese rich **** bought a ferrari 250 GT for 15million - but he sold it for only 3 million HAHAHAHAHAHAA - really - true story
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

The truth is no one really will ever know what the most expensive car is because simply no one really knows if anyone has like for example the origional car that henry ford made ect....., however i think that the most expensive car that i know of is the Ferrari F50 Bolide owned by the Sultan of Brunei. Can you imagine going walking into your garage and having THAT THING sitting their!

Tucker Torpedos go for tons. and I mean TONS.
    Look em up, they go for millions and millions.

Straight from the Guinness Book of World Records online:

Most Valuable Car
    Ettore Bugatti, the talented son of a family of artists from Milan, Italy, designed each legendary Bugatti car. Between 1909 and 1940, nearly 8,000 Bugattis - racing cars, sports cars, and luxury cars left his small factory. The most remarkable of all his cars was the Type 41 Royale. This car is six meters long with a wheelbase of 4.3 meters and a 12.7-liter, eight-cylinder engine. It has a three-speed gearbox, reaching 145 km/h in second gear. It took Ettore Bugatti almost two decades to perfect this car and it brought his company to the brink of ruin. Ettore had planned a series limited to only 25 cars exclusively for royals but only six were built. All six Royales remain and are, of course, very pricey.

WANT TO KNOW MORE?
    Why is the Bugatti badge an elephant? Rembrandt Bugatti (1884-1916), brother of the car's creator Ettore, was a sculptor best known for his animal works and human figures. The Jardin des Plantes wildlife park was near his home in France and Rembrandt spent a lot of time there studying animals such as elephants, panthers, emus, wolves, camels, vultures, and lions. Rembrandt also studied the Asian Elephants of the Antwerp Zoo from 1907-1909. Hence the silver elephant mascot was cast from one of Rembrandt's original sculptures.

CHECK THIS OUT…
    Experts estimate that of the 8,000 Bugatti cars originally built, about 2,000 still remain well-preserved today. Exhibitions, meetings, and car shows are put on by Bugatti clubs all around the world.

WHO: Bugatti Type 41 Royale Sports Coupe
    WHEN: April 12, 1990
    WHERE: Japan
    WHAT: $15 million

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to site: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/. Click on travel and transport on the top. Then click on cars. The infromation is on page 4 and is titled most valuable car.
    Last edited by carlover; 04-12-2004 at 04:31 PM.

isn't the Sultan of Brunei remoured to own a totally gold plated Ferrari ?? that would make a strong candidate for most expensive car ever !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

i have read in a magasine that the most expensive ferrari ever sold was a 250 GTO which was sold for 7,2 million £.....
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

Wat about the Gold plated Lambo Diablo? That must be worth a ton.

This thread seems to be attracting alot of people with bad reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Wat about the Gold plated Lambo Diablo? That must be worth a ton.

This thread seems to be attracting alot of people with bad reputation
    if u look at the dates of the posts, u will discover that the bad rep posters ended about 9 months ago !!
    i guess this is a welcome re-creation of this thread !

i never heard of that gld plated diablo before, who owns that ?
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Thread Information