Thread: Our Golf GT-Sport

Our Golf GT-Sport

Well as mentioned in a previous thread we've been in mexico for 2 weeks and when we got back we picked up our Volkswagen Golf V GT-Sport 2.0 TDi

The GT-Sport is a brand new model that replaces the previous 'Golf GT' which has been in production since 2005.

We went for the 170hp TDi engine. Progressing from the 140hp gt-tdi that we've had for the past 3 years. We were so pleased with it that we decided to upgrade to the new model this year. There is also the choice of a 2.0 and 1.4 140PS TDI and TSI engines. But we went for the 2.0 TDI again, with an extra 30hp in the bonnet this time for a little more fun

We got it in metallic black. A few extras noticeably different from our previous golf are the double barrell exhausts. 17" sport rims. Tinted windows. GTI style front grill. The interior is mostly the same. We went for a black trim rather than the silver that we had in the old car. But its practically the same inside. Which is a good thing. The trim and build quality in this car is outstanding. The price was around £20,000. Second only to the glass topping GTI which we avoided quite simply because we've been driving diesels since 1991.

Photos of our car:
    Attached Images Attached Images

very nicee. nice colour and grill choices there.

You dont get much GTI for 20,000. add 5drs and a few basic options and its a bit more.
    autozine.org

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    If looks could kill...congrats its a gorgeous car!
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

oh wow considering we were looking @ the 2 dr S model here called the Rabbit! 2.5L I5 with 170 horses! plenty of room for more power though! w/ a 5 spd manual! tell me how you like it because from the test drive i really liked that one!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

2.5L? that must be a US only model. The only model above the 2.0L in europe is the R32.

But if it has 170hp like the one we have, it has a heck of alot of grunt. It really pulls away when you put your foot down. Has a great feel for the road too.

2.5L inline 5cyl = 170hp/177lb-ft. Cylinder head design is based off the Gallardo architecture. It's a torquey lil engine.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    2.5L inline 5cyl = 170hp/177lb-ft. Cylinder head design is based off the Gallardo architecture. It's a torquey lil engine.
    Too bad it sits so high.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Troof. You know what to do.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

very tidy! i would love a golf! congrats
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Them TDI's are getting faster and faster nowadays, even the 16v has trouble following them sometimes .
    Anyway, that's one neat looking mk5 you got there.
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    In the mechanical side, the main difference from Golf is the engine: the American Jetta employs a larger, 2.5-litre inline-5 engine. It is not the previous V5 (the costly engine died together with W8), but a new engine said to be loosely based on Lamborghini Gallardo's V10. Pardon? the V10 produces 500 horsepower, but the inline-5 only 150 hp. Can you believe? not me. Some said they share the same cylinder head (well, maybe before machined, i.e., that piece of aluminum alloy). Some said they share the same 82.5mm bore and 92.8mm stroke (well, this only implies they are built with the same tooling). The point is, the Lamborghini V10 has an aluminum block with dry sump lubrication, VVT in all camshafts, 2-stage variable intake system, lightweight pistons and con-rods, forged crankshaft… in contrast, the Volkswagen inline-5 has a cast-iron block, wet sump, no VVT, fixed intake manifolds… marketing people, stop telling me rubbish !

Even if you disregard the relationship with the Lamborghini V10, you will be disappointed by its output. A specific output of only 60 horsepower per litre looks more like a 2-valve-per-cylinder engine, but in fact this engine has twin-cam and 20 valves in total. If you remember, the outgoing 2.3 V5 produces 170 horsepower. And the latest BMW 2.5-litre six can produce 218 horsepower. With only 150 horsepower and 170 lbft of torque, accompany with a lazy manner (it won't rev beyond 5800 rpm) and a hefty 1.5 ton weight, the new Jetta is disappointingly slow. Car And Driver found a 6-speed Tiptronic-equipped car taking 9.2 seconds to 60 mph. No wonder they ran out of patience to measure 0-100 mph.
    autozine.org

Nice ride. Pity it's still a Volkswagen

Just kidding. I hope your parents let you drive a lot in it ! Happy motoring !

Congrats on the new car!

The exterior looks fantastic: The extras really make a massive difference. The last model looked boring with the standard grille.

However, you don't get much on the inside for the money, do you?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Congrats, looks like a wicked car. Got your moneys worth with the upgraded grille :P.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Getting my tornado red gt sport tdi in less than a week... dead excited i am! Any thing in particular that i need to watch out for (rattles and bumps etc.)?

Thread Information