Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Norway to ban petroluem powered cars?

Norway to ban petroluem powered cars?

Could Norway ban all gasoline powered cars? - AutoblogGreen

Are they serious? Considering they sell a good bit of oil themselves it would be incredibly hypocritical. What do the Norwegians here think of this?

Here's more

Norway could ban gasoline-powered cars - UPI.com

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. They should ban the telephone and the television while they're at it. Oh, and they should close all the hospitals and just pray to Odin to cure the sick.

If they really wanted to help save the planet they should ban all airplane flights because anyone who knows anything about ecology will tell you that airplanes are much worse than cars.

It's a bit of a step, for sure. but nothing will change unless a big jolt happens.

These cars can still run on alternative fuels, and they haven't banned them. I agree cars are usually wrongly villified but thats because they are an obvious and easy target - a centre of consumerism and all that environmentalists think is wrong with the world - which I personally think is just ludicrous.

Couple this to a government who, according to some, has not impressed with their environmental policies, and it could be done moreso to save face than for any actual environmental benefit.

One day it's gonna happen though - and we've gotta be prepared.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. They should ban the telephone and the television while they're at it. Oh, and they should close all the hospitals and just pray to Odin to cure the sick.

If they really wanted to help save the planet they should ban all airplane flights because anyone who knows anything about ecology will tell you that airplanes are much worse than cars.
    That was a pretty stupid thing you just said.

Banning petroleum powered cars makes alot of sense in some respects. Banning telephones, televisions and closing hospitals makes no sense in any respects. (apart from televisions encouraging childhood obesity but we won't go into that)

Airplane flights aren't great but there aren't many other ways to get from one country to another. Plus they are public transport and take alot of people at a time. Petrol powered cars on the other hand have many other alternatives that are either developed or being developed.

Think a little bit next time you post eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    Think a little bit next time you post eh?
    there was more sarcams in Nic's post than you picked up
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

So if they ban petrol, Diesel is still allowed ?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    there was more sarcams in Nic's post than you picked up
    You sure?

He is from America

Nic is also absolutely right; airplanes are far more polluting then any other form of transport, despite carrying so many passengers. You also have to remember that luxury goods like television serve little purpose, yet consume quite a bit of energy. A car, however polluting, at least has an actual purpose.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    You sure?

He is from America
    America invented sarcasm. I believe it may have been Thomas Edison that created it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Nic is also absolutely right; airplanes are far more polluting then any other form of transport, despite carrying so many passengers. You also have to remember that luxury goods like television serve little purpose, yet consume quite a bit of energy. A car, however polluting, at least has an actual purpose.
    Let's stop this website as well, to save energy

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Let's stop this website as well, to save energy
    Well you could start, by turning off your computer.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Well you could start, by turning off your computer.
    Good idea. Since I am bored, I am gonna go driving then and save the environment

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Good idea. Since I am bored, I am gonna go driving then and save the environment
    Power to the people!

Ok lets ban gasoline cars and then still sell oil (what are their real priorities here?)

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    Ok lets ban gasoline cars and then still sell oil (what are their real priorities here?)
    Pleasing the people by lying, cheating and doing illegal things. Basically like any other government

Thread Information