Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kimi WC

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I think a driver should feel that his tyres are in the state they were, if I he cannot see them...
    Agreed, but the fine line between lacking grip and having NO RUBBER to contact the road is a little more (ie impossible) to determine. Especially as the manufacturers and teams dont test/run to that level ever -- not liek the old days
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Agreed, but the fine line between lacking grip and having NO RUBBER to contact the road is a little more (ie impossible) to determine. Especially as the manufacturers and teams dont test/run to that level ever -- not liek the old days
    yeah, when the drivers learned the job in the hard way
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I think the interesting thing to consider is whether the decision regarding the Williams and BMW cars would have been the same had they been at an earlier race, and with nothing really at stake.

All the precedents set when teams have failed scrutineering in the recent past (Williams & Toyota in Canada 2004, Honda in San Marino 2005) suggest that the BMW and Williams teams would indeed have been excluded from the race. Did the FIA bottle the decision?

Undoubtedly it would have been an ugly way to win the title for Hamilton, and an awful turn of events for Raikkonen. However, the sport's rulings ought to be consistent and fair, and shouldn't be affected by any potential negative "political" or PR impact.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I think the interesting thing to consider is whether the decision regarding the Williams and BMW cars would have been the same had they been at an earlier race, and with nothing really at stake.
    interesting as an hypothesis, but unfortunately one that can never be tested. If we would start discussing this now, I am afraid the proverbial can of worms will be opened again...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

and I don't think anybody has blamed Lauda for what he did, given the ordeal he had just gone through...and after that he went to drive for McLaren....
    enzo ferrari have never spoken to him since then
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    enzo ferrari have never spoken to him since then
    well, he always saw drivers as a means to make his machines win...and not the other way around.

well, it would have ridiculed the sport to have a world champion that on the deciding races manages to put his car in the gravel trap....of the pit entry lane.....
    Yes, much better that potential cheating be ignored to spare a few blushes.

The FIA could have easily chosen to go ahead with an investigation that should prove beyond any doubt that their result in Brazil was fair - after all, there must be conclusive evidence to back up their decision.

The FIA could still show the evidence and reasoning behind that decision and put any doubt to rest.

The FIA could show that measures have been taken so that no teams are erroneously disqualified again due to a misunderstanding, as BMW and Williams apparently were.

But they don't - no investigation allowed; avoid the questions, avoid explaining the decisions, avoid having to ensure it doesn't happen again, and by the way, that appeal we admitted was actually inadmissible...

The FIA - a Professional organisation. The profession they pursue is nothing to do with regulating motor sport...
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 11-17-2007 at 12:17 PM.

As I have stated before, The FIA could not organise a **** in a brothel. What hope do these morons have regulating a sport so critical to so many other interests. These people I imagine are still using crayons, to be so immature, innept and to be honest, such an embarrasment to our sport, I think it is well past time to remove the existing regulating body and install some adults in their place.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

EVery large organisation has the same flaws.
    You just replace one bunch of committee-idiots with another
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

You just replace one bunch of committee-idiots with another
    So; better to do nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    So; better to do nothing?
    Small improvements. ... not living a fantasy that a complete replacement will make any difference.

Besides, it's not really FIA that's the problem it's the make-up of FormulaOne.

My issue basically revolves around the two goose's in charge of the show. I strongly believe that that particular pair should just **** off and stop damaging the sport. Even if it is commitee based, these two people are the 'faces' of the organisation, meaning that everytime something happens in F1, its either one or the other of these two people on tv or making a press release or whatever and to be honest, everytime I see there faces I associate them with what ever is going bad in the sport. You never see them talking about anything good unless they are talking about new races (which are generally shite) and their bank balances.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27 View Post
    Even if it is commitee based, these two people are the 'faces' of the organisation.
    Which two people are you referring to ?
    Ecclestone has nothing to do with the FIA operation.

Ecclestone has nothing to do with the FIA operation.
    Interestingly enough, maybe if he did this situation wouldnt have happened due to the conflicting ambient temperatures being reported by both the FIA and FOM sources.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information