Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Updates on Chevrolet Volt

^^ lies, damn lies and statistics supporting the greenies
    Table 5 missed out the 5% ( never known it to be THAT low ! ) transmission losses for EV !
    THe report accurately reports CO2, NO2 etc levels and passes over with a cursory "higher SO2 output" of electricity generation !!!!
    They sell the introduction of stack-scrubbers as poitive and do NOT take into account the impact on efficiency and costs involved in disposal of the trapped molecules !
    They fail to point out thast in the US can support EV vehivles with current power plants then it woudl require the coal plants to run at 100% duty cycle -- significantly skewing the "cleanness" of the generation cycle.
    ... and of course they've skipped over the massive impact the battery manufacturing has for EVs

Another tyupical self-serving report from an associaiton there to support EVs
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

This is actually being built?

So how's the powertrain going to look? Plug in hybrid as advertised?

Sorry, I needed an update on this car.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ^^ lies, damn lies and statistics supporting the greenies
    Table 5 missed out the 5% ( never known it to be THAT low ! ) transmission losses for EV !
    THe report accurately reports CO2, NO2 etc levels and passes over with a cursory "higher SO2 output" of electricity generation !!!!
    They sell the introduction of stack-scrubbers as poitive and do NOT take into account the impact on efficiency and costs involved in disposal of the trapped molecules !
    They fail to point out thast in the US can support EV vehivles with current power plants then it woudl require the coal plants to run at 100% duty cycle -- significantly skewing the "cleanness" of the generation cycle.
    ... and of course they've skipped over the massive impact the battery manufacturing has for EVs

Another tyupical self-serving report from an associaiton there to support EVs
    Not all of the United States is powered by coal/gas power fatalities though. EV's are already used widely here by the NY Power Authority that generates electricity through a hydroelectric power dam. It's clean and water is free.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    This is actually being built?

So how's the powertrain going to look? Plug in hybrid as advertised?

Sorry, I needed an update on this car.
    Last I knew when I did a report on this car for a class it's still in concept form as the battery packs are developed further. Owners plug the car in at night and are able to go 40 miles on the current batteries before a gasoline generator turns on and recharges them. The engine never actually powers the car and it turns out to roughly 100mpg if you do the math.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Not all of the United States is powered by coal/gas power fatalities though. EV's are already used widely here by the NY Power Authority that generates electricity through a hydroelectric power dam. It's clean and water is free.
    Coal/gas are the only technology which can be turned on and off as demand requires.
    Nuclear has much longer cycles and hydro from a dam is limited by the dam contents ( our hydro dams over ehre all include reverse pumping, so at night they use the cheap excess nuclear to push the water back up the dam for use when the next demand cycle starts. But, obviously it's nto a sustainable solution.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

What if the car was built in Ontario?

In 2006 the approximate breakdown of power generation was as follows (I've rounded to the nearest 5%)

35% nuclear, 25% hydroelectric, 20% coal, 15% gas/oil, 5% other/roundoff error.

I would guess Ontario is one of the cleaner larger sub-national power producers in the world - we are also the largest sub-national producer of vehicles of the best of my knowledge - considering that our population is 12.5 million and so little of our production comes from coal, it ain't so bad.

Wouldn't making the Volt here make a lot of sense?

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post

Last I knew when I did a report on this car for a class it's still in concept form as the battery packs are developed further. Owners plug the car in at night and are able to go 40 miles on the current batteries before a gasoline generator turns on and recharges them. The engine never actually powers the car and it turns out to roughly 100mpg if you do the math.
    Well it's supposed to come out in 2010, based on all the Olympics commercials that have been broadcasting. Thing is, does the battery pack perform as advertised?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What if the car was built in Ontario?

In 2006 the approximate breakdown of power generation was as follows (I've rounded to the nearest 5%)

35% nuclear, 25% hydroelectric, 20% coal, 15% gas/oil, 5% other/roundoff error.

I would guess Ontario is one of the cleaner larger sub-national power producers in the world - we are also the largest sub-national producer of vehicles of the best of my knowledge - considering that our population is 12.5 million and so little of our production comes from coal, it ain't so bad.

Wouldn't making the Volt here make a lot of sense?
    I think you meant used. Not built. It can be built anywhere if GM wished it so.

But to be serious, I'm not sure how the breakdown is for NY or any other area in terms of electricity. So if anything, it's really hard to answer your question.

Production Chevy Volt photos leak out!

September 8, 2008

First Official Photos of 2011 Chevrolet Volt Released on Web
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    Production Chevy Volt photos leak out!

September 8, 2008

First Official Photos of 2011 Chevrolet Volt Released on Web
    Maybe its just me but I like the new pre-production one more than the concept volt. Looks more practical and sleeker with 4 doors and without the crazy angular design of the concept.

Revised interior of 2011 Chevrolet Volt

GM revises Chevy Volt interior ahead of production

Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    Revised interior of 2011 Chevrolet Volt

GM revises Chevy Volt interior ahead of production

are they going to survive until its production?!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    are they going to survive until its production?!
    That's up in the air but apparently IF they survive the European version of the car will be manufactured in the UK.

Autocar - Chevy Volt to be built in UK

Lutz confident as Volt development moves on

11-21-08

Lutz confident as Volt moves to next phase of development

We are getting it in 2012 ?? Rebadged Holden.. Confirmed last week.

But betas the shit out of me why GM do this early show and late late late....... Late........ Date for sale.

When Falcon and Commodore new models come up we might get a few spy shots but the rest is a guess until it's unveiled.. And then goes on sale within months not decades.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    But betas the shit out of me why GM do this early show and late late late....... Late........ Date for sale.

When Falcon and Commodore new models come up we might get a few spy shots but the rest is a guess until it's unveiled.. And then goes on sale within months not decades.
    I don't think this car is quite as easy to produce than say a Falcon or a Commodore.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I don't think this car is quite as easy to produce than say a Falcon or a Commodore.
    It's not just this car. GM seems to be very slow getting cars on the road.. Look at the Camaro And G8's.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information