Czech Republic Group D winners
    Germany Group D runners-up

Croatia Group E winners
    Russia Group E runners-up

Spain Group F winners
    Sweden Group F runners-up

Romania Group G winners
    Netherlands Group G runners-up

Surprisingly enough, no teams from the UK.
    A lot of disapointments and a lot of pleasant surprises here. My heart goes ou to all the Scottish fans ho should be enraged, they were literally robbed of a place in the final tournament.

what do you all think?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Sadly it sounds like England have been learning from the Scots.
    2 nil down and fighting back to 2-2 and then snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and losing 3-2
    The ENGLISH news tonight already was suggesting that England failing to qualify will seriously impact the British economy -- ffs it's only a game of football. Perfect example of how screwed up the UKs priorities are now

re Scotlands failure to qualify -- we were talking ourselves up far too much ( echoes of Ali's Army ) -- and we gained as many benefits from thje officials as we did bad calls !
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    2 nil down and fighting back to 2-2 and then snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and losing 3-2
    The ENGLISH news tonight already was suggesting that England failing to qualify will seriously impact the British economy -- ffs it's only a game of football. Perfect example of how screwed up the UKs priorities are now

re Scotlands failure to qualify -- we were talking ourselves up far too much ( echoes of Ali's Army ) -- and we gained as many benefits from thje officials as we did bad calls !
    The burgeoning buisness of scarfs and flags will suffer dearly...

As for scottland, I my not have seen every game of Scotlands qualifying run, but i saw that last game against Italy and i could not help but feeling enraged.

A far as england is concerned, I am only worried because I dont know who we will knock out in penalty shootouts...
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post

What he said.....

we were robbed
    May the downforce be with you

its best for england to be out of the tournament before it starts so that we dont have our streets filled with mindless football fans who seem to be in belief that we're going to win everything. as usual.

We have some of the best players in the world but put them all into one team and they may aswell be at the circus.

aaahahahaha suck it poms. Truly pathetic from such a powerhouse team! as the old saying goes team of champions not a champion team. You guys really must appreciate my insightful comments
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

You need a Dutch coach!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    We have some of the best players in the world but put them all into one team and they may aswell be at the circus.
    your best players are mostly imports and not eligible for the English team. Since money rule in the UK the presence of english players in the topteams has rapidly diminished. Arsenal more than once fielded teams with no players from England at all....
    (and before you give me the "you too", yes, we in Holland suffer from the similar problems, because all our "better" players are acting abroad.)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    You need a Dutch coach!
    True. We got one for our team and for the first time in history they qualified for EURO
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

WE need a dutch coach, any other coach for that matter, Dear lord, Portugal's game against Finland Sucked!

Please, send us a coach!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    WE need a dutch coach, any other coach for that matter, Dear lord, Portugal's game against Finland Sucked!

Please, send us a coach!
    We have a Dutch coach too.....disaster...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    True. We got one for our team and for the first time in history they qualified for EURO
    We got one and qualified for the World Cup for the first time in several decades. Then we lost him, and fumbled the Asian Cup.
    I am the Stig

and the Brits got a McLaren, not the best choice in any case....it seems to be a guarantee to throw away a winning position....
    Last edited by henk4; 11-22-2007 at 04:54 AM.

No Republic of Ireland and no UK teams. That sucks.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    No Repulblic of Ireland and no UK teams. That sucks.
    They suck!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information